Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Jr. Encourages Evangelicals to Call Out ‘Fake Republicans’  (Read 4421 times)

Offline stephen50right

I think the Evangelical church sold it's collective soul in 2016, and perhaps sealed its doom.

When morality and values take a back seat to political expedience and populism, the Church loses its meaning and purpose.

So-called Evangelical pastors were telling their congregations that they MUST vote for Trump in spite of his being a pervert.  They told their people that moral values weren't required (look at King David...  *****rollingeyes*****), and that our "Christian duty" was to vote for a morally reprehensible man.

Politics overcame values, and I don't think Evangelicalism will recover for a very long time........ and not likely before I'm gone.

@Chosen Daughter

<<< Trump in spite of his being a pervert. >>>

Yes, Trump wishing for those silenced by the left, to be able to say "Merry Christmas" again. Oh the horror!  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

<<< Trump in spite of his being a pervert. >>>

Yes, Trump wishing for those silenced by the left, to be able to say "Merry Christmas" again. Oh the horror!  *****rollingeyes*****

That has nothing to do with anything I've said.

Drop the attitude and start discussing issues like an adult, OK?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline stephen50right

That has nothing to do with anything I've said.

Drop the attitude and start discussing issues like an adult, OK?

If calling our president a "pervert" is your idea of adult behavior, then you can have it because that is quite ignorant and immature on your part.

Men telling locker room jokes does not a pervert make. We all do it, and women do it as well, and you know that. You wish to criticize Trump's policies, that's fine, but calling him a pervert is uncalled for and flat out wrong.

Silver Pines

My post basically attributed little to you. Jerry Falwell Jr, is the thread topic, and I clearly stated "I don't know much about his (Jerry Falwell's) son."

I simply expounded on my own thoughts, and the Judeo-Christian ethic in general which has been and always will be of inspirational benefit to our great country.

Perhaps your dislike of Donald Trump is clouding your judgment towards Jerry Falwell Jr - Now we're talking attributable. 😉

@stephen50right

Or maybe it's the facts I posted, but I know hardcore Trump supporters tend to be allergic to those, so if you want to go with your belief that it's all about Trump, you go for it.

As for not attributing anything to me, you posted this directly to me:

But let's tell it straight...our country is a better place with Liberty University than without it...and we are a better place with churches and synagogues than without them, and that point is not debatable.

I assume you don't have an imaginary friend.  Am I right?  Yeah.  So let's not waste time with pointless games.

Offline stephen50right

@stephen50right

Or maybe it's the facts I posted, but I know hardcore Trump supporters tend to be allergic to those, so if you want to go with your belief that it's all about Trump, you go for it.

As for not attributing anything to me, you posted this directly to me:

But let's tell it straight...our country is a better place with Liberty University than without it...and we are a better place with churches and synagogues than without them, and that point is not debatable.

I assume you don't have an imaginary friend.  Am I right?  Yeah.  So let's not waste time with pointless games.

Your imaginary friend is President Cruz. And that is right.

But don't worry about it, your imaginary friend will get a chance to become real in 2032 after Mike Pence's second term. Until then you'll just have to be patient...and sit there and nitpick Donald Trump and his deplorable supporters. Go ahead, shout "DEPLORABLE" if it'll make ya feel better. It made Hillary feel better.  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

If calling our president a "pervert" is your idea of adult behavior, then you can have it because that is quite ignorant and immature on your part.

Men telling locker room jokes does not a pervert make. We all do it, and women do it as well, and you know that. You wish to criticize Trump's policies, that's fine, but calling him a pervert is uncalled for and flat out wrong.

I didn't make up the definition of the word perversion, and I didn't make up anything about Trump's perverse behavior.

I've been through all the Jr Hi boys' excuses for an old man speaking abusively about women before, and realize that some of you have no respect for women whatsoever, so I'm not starting that game again.   It's what he DID that makes him perverse, not just what he SAID. (though, that's vile enough).

He is who he is.  Some of you don't care that he doesn't have morals.  That's up to you.  Some of us do.

I didn't want Bill Clinton in the White House, and I don't want Donald Trump in the White House.

If you can't deal with differences of opinion, maybe you're in the wrong place.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

Your imaginary friend is President Cruz. And that is right.

But don't worry about it, your imaginary friend will get a chance to become real in 2032 after Mike Pence's second term. Until then you'll just have to be patient...and sit there and nitpick Donald Trump and his deplorable supporters. Go ahead, shout "DEPLORABLE" if it'll make ya feel better. It made Hillary feel better.  :laugh:

@stephen50right

I'm going to hope you take the time to read your own post and self-reflect on how completely nutty it sounds. 

Offline stephen50right

I didn't make up the definition of the word perversion, and I didn't make up anything about Trump's perverse behavior.

I've been through all the Jr Hi boys' excuses for an old man speaking abusively about women before, and realize that some of you have no respect for women whatsoever, so I'm not starting that game again.   It's what he DID that makes him perverse, not just what he SAID. (though, that's vile enough).

He is who he is.  Some of you don't care that he doesn't have morals.  That's up to you.  Some of us do.

I didn't want Bill Clinton in the White House, and I don't want Donald Trump in the White House.

If you can't deal with differences of opinion, maybe you're in the wrong place.

Okay I'll bite...name one thing, or as many things as you like, that Trump did which justifies you calling him a pervert, and no mentioning locker room banter or political rhetoric such as his response to Megyn Kelly in that debate. I asked the question so i make the rules of the response.

Okay...the ball is in your court. Here's your chance to put a deplorable Trump supporter such as me in his proper place, whatever place you believe that may be. We're waiting..........

Offline stephen50right

@stephen50right

I'm going to hope you take the time to read your own post and self-reflect on how completely nutty it sounds.

You're also invited to respond to the question i just asked..........

Offline stephen50right

Okay I'll bite...name one thing, or as many things as you like, that Trump did which justifies you calling him a pervert, and no mentioning locker room banter or political rhetoric such as his response to Megyn Kelly in that debate. I asked the question so i make the rules of the response.

Okay...the ball is in your court. Here's your chance to put a deplorable Trump supporter such as me in his proper place, whatever place you believe that may be. We're waiting..........

I know you're here, this should have been answered by now. I guess you're on google desperately searching for something.

Try the Huffington Post website, they might have something for ya to copy and paste.  :laugh:

Offline stephen50right

:whistle:

Offline musiclady

I know you're here, this should have been answered by now. I guess you're on google desperately searching for something.

Try the Huffington Post website, they might have something for ya to copy and paste.  :laugh:

Are you twelve years old?? *****rollingeyes*****

I've been watching the OSU-Penn State game, paying bills and doing laundry.

NOT playing games with a little internet boy who thinks he's cool, but isn't.....

Next snarky, stupid post from you, and you get added to my small Ignore list.

Offline stephen50right

NOT playing games with a little internet boy who thinks he's cool, but isn't.....

A fine example of hubris of the defeated.

Why not just admit you're wrong? Don't be so stubborn holding on to a false narrative. Usually that's what liberals do, not conservatives.

Enjoy the game.

Silver Pines

@stephen50right

No, that nonsense didn't wash then and it still doesn't.

Locker room talk among guys is one thing.  And yes, I'll be straight with you and agree that women do it, too.  I'm guilty.

When a man says he walks up to women and grabs their genitals, that's not locker room talk.  That's a claim of having performed an action that ought to get the perp's wrist unscrewed for him.  For starters.

See the difference?

Silver Pines

@stephen50right

What is wrong with you, lol? 

Silver Pines

@musiclady

How dare you do laundry?  Drop your life and come answer meeeee!

Offline musiclady

A fine example of hubris of the defeated.

Why not just admit you're wrong? Don't be so stubborn holding on to a false narrative. Usually that's what liberals do, not conservatives.

Enjoy the game.

Buckeyes finally scored a TD.  Back in the game!

It may end up being a GOOD afternoon after all.

You are now officially on "Ignore"  You have used up all the stupid "you're a liberal if you aren't in love with Trump, and still believe in morality" cards you were given when you joined this forum a few short weeks ago.

Bye.  :seeya:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

How dare you do laundry?  Drop your life and come answer meeeee!

The boy obviously is not in touch with the real world.    He doesn't even understand that grabbing women's genitals is a bad thing...  Of course, neither does the "Rev" Jerry Falwell, whose Dad is probably rolling over in his grave.... **nononono*

btw, I just put the white load in the dryer.  Did anything interesting happen here while I was gone........ I mean other than the dopey claims that I am a liberal?    :silly: :silly: :silly:

@CatherineofAragon

Online Right_in_Virginia

You are now officially on "Ignore"  .... 

Welcome to a very elite group @stephen50right  :laugh:

Silver Pines

The boy obviously is not in touch with the real world.    He doesn't even understand that grabbing women's genitals is a bad thing...  Of course, neither does the "Rev" Jerry Falwell, whose Dad is probably rolling over in his grave.... **nononono*

btw, I just put the white load in the dryer.  Did anything interesting happen here while I was gone........ I mean other than the dopey claims that I am a liberal?    :silly: :silly: :silly:

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

I came back to look.  Nothing yet, but I'm optimistic.   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

I came back to look.  Nothing yet, but I'm optimistic.   :laugh:

That's how we roll!  OptimistsRUs   :patriot:

@CatherineofAragon

Well, not exactly optimistic about the Buckeyes right now, but maybe just a little bit??
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:14:04 pm by musiclady »

Offline stephen50right

Welcome to a very elite group @stephen50right  :laugh:

The poster calls Trump a pervert, I ask to site an example, no mature or correct response, then I get blocked.

The good news is I think us Deplorables will survive this.  :laugh:

Silver Pines

The poster calls Trump a pervert, I ask to site an example, no mature or correct response, then I get blocked.

The good news is I think us Deplorables will survive this.  :laugh:

@stephen50right

Trump won, yet you seem to really enjoy portraying yourself as a victim.

Silver Pines

That's how we roll!  OptimistsRUs   :patriot:

@CatherineofAragon

Well, not exactly optimistic about the Buckeyes right now, but maybe just a little bit??

@musiclady

Why not? 

Offline stephen50right

@stephen50right

Trump won, yet you seem to really enjoy portraying yourself as a victim.

That's not it at all.

But at least you finally got something right when you stated "Trump won" which proves the broken clock theory.