Author Topic: Trump delays release of some Kennedy files pending review  (Read 1138 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump delays release of some Kennedy files pending review
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:47:08 pm »
Off again, on again, off again.... Sounds like the build up of a WWE storyline. Right to the big moment- cut to commercial...

The Trump administration is blocking the release of some records compiled during the investigation of the assassination of former President Kennedy which were set to be released on Thursday.

President Trump said in a memo he "has no choice" but to withhold the information as requested by government agencies, citing national security concerns. Officials said the concerns originated mostly from the FBI and CIA......

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/357422-trump-releases-kennedy-assassination-files

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump delays release of some Kennedy files pending review
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:51:26 pm »
It's not a secret this day was coming.  They've had plenty of time to do the review.  Remember the speed record Comey and Co. set going through Anthony Weiner's computer files?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:53:38 pm »
It's not a secret this day was coming.  They've had plenty of time to do the review.  Remember the speed record Comey and Co. set going through Anthony Weiner's computer files?

It is interesting there was a story last week that said they would delay the release and the administration said it was fake news and they would do it... now it appears that original story was correct.

I just wonder how much of this is strictly for the drama and how much is actually due to sensitive material.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:05:03 pm »
The CIA is every bit as dirty as the FBI!  And that's all I'm saying about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 11:06:17 pm »
As I was driving home tonight and listening to SiriusXM flipping between the news channels, I heard a couple of theories as to why some documents might be held back. The one that made the most sense was that the FBI and or CIA knew quite a bit about Oswald and his intentions, especially from his trip to Mexico, but obtained the intel from foreign sources on the ground perhaps covertly friendly to the US, not that their home countries were necessarily friendly (Cuba, the USSR?). But even with the redaction of names, it might not be hard to figure out who the sources were and some of these people may still be alive or if their identities were known, other assets could be inadvertently uncovered or that it could be a source of embarrassment to some foreign governments…. . Of course the other side of that coin is that the FBI and or CIA knew quite a bit about Oswald and his intentions but failed to do anything or enough to prevent it.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 11:12:11 pm »
Another day another 180° turn by Trump. It's the last one to talk to him that has the most sway with Trump.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 11:17:35 pm »
I just realized what is going on. Our Donald is BRILLIANT!

You see.. he is making sure he protects Ted Cruz's dad.

;)

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:26 pm »

;)

What a guy!!!!!   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:36 pm »
Spare me, out of 3000 documents, holding 200 (round figures hundreds) back to be checked by the CIA, FBI and other interested parties because some of these documents were handled back in the '90s, not that long ago and some personnel may still be working for the government.

What disingenuous arguments.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 11:45:33 pm »

;)

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 12:09:16 am »
October 26, 2017: 2,891 documents
https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release?page=133

Almost 2900 documents released.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:56 am »
The CIA is every bit as dirty as the FBI!  And that's all I'm saying about that.

Bingo. Everyone knows that if anyone else but Donny were in office now these docs would never be released just for the fact that there is obviously some embarrassing info about the deep state in it. To everyone's surprise and outsider now runs the show. Now these "agencies" are in a panic trying to clean up their past messiness.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:09 am »
Almost 2900 documents released.

The FBI and CIA didn't deliver their objections to the WH until today.  These are the docs now pending release under review.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 12:28:11 am »
The FBI and CIA didn't deliver their objections to the WH until today.  These are the docs now pending release under review.

Okay.

There are additionally articles out there saying what happened. Hmmn.

RIV, how about this?

. He placed those files under a six-month review while letting the 2,800 others come out Thursday, racing a deadline to honor a law mandating their release.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-holding-back-some-jfk-files-releasing-others/ar-AAu61rm?OCID=ansmsnnews11

@Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:29:01 am by TomSea »

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 12:28:32 am »
Another day another 180° turn by Trump. It's the last one to talk to him that has the most sway with Trump.

Pay attention @ConservativeGranny  The President said he would release all the documents subject to further information.  The FBI and CIA got their objections to the White House today .... and those are the documents under review, as per the President's statement.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 

Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

5:35 AM - 21 Oct 2017 
70,958 Retweets   212,400 Likes 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/921716470140325889?lang=en 

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 12:31:22 am »
Okay.

There are additionally articles out there saying what happened. Hmmn. 

What's your point?  He's releasing all the documents that are not now subject to review at the request of the FBI and CIA.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 12:31:34 am »
Pay attention @ConservativeGranny  The President said he would release all the documents subject to further information.  The FBI and CIA got their objections to the White House today .... and those are the documents under review, as per the President's statement.

And what's the bet the FIB and CIA got those objections from foreign govt's and rent-a-spies?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 12:39:14 am »
What's your point?  He's releasing all the documents that are not now subject to review at the request of the FBI and CIA.

@Right_in_Virginia

Fine.

That's what I said.  9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:39:41 am by TomSea »

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 12:41:59 am »
And what's the bet the FIB and CIA got those objections from foreign govt's and rent-a-spies?

Both agencies have requested more time to redact names ........  by the time they're finished the documents will look like this:

I sure would like to know who they're so busy protecting.  Who's still alive??   

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 12:42:32 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Fine.

That's what I said.  9999hair out0000

Good.  Now calm down.   ^-^

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 12:45:36 am »
In the 1990s and not way back to 1963, additional investigations were done on the assassination and some of those names may be in the documents and they are still alive or even still working for the government.

This is what a newsearch will tell one.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:24 am »
The CIA statement:

We welcome the President’s directive to conduct further review of the records in the JFK Assassination Records Collection to identify any additional information that can be released, while still protecting our officers, partners, sources, and methods.

CIA has been working diligently to release to the public as much CIA information as possible from the collection.  Pursuant to the JFK Assassination Records Act of 1992, more than 87,000 CIA records were identified as falling within the scope of the collection.  Of those, CIA has already released more than 69,000 records to the public in full, without redaction.
Every single one of the approximately 18,000 remaining CIA records in the collection will ultimately be released, with no document withheld in full.  While some of these 18,000 records currently contain targeted redactions, the information redacted represents less than one percent of the total CIA information in the collection.
CIA’s current redactions were undertaken with the intent to protect information in the collection whose disclosure would harm national security — including the names of CIA assets and current and former CIA officers, as well as specific intelligence methods and partnerships that remain viable to protecting the nation today.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 12:58:10 am »
We welcome the President’s directive to conduct further review of the records in the JFK Assassination Records Collection to identify any additional information that can be released, while still protecting our officers, partners, sources, and methods.

Yes indeed!  Especially the ones involved in the crime!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 01:34:35 am »
 Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Oct 21

Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.
39,174 replies 70,981 retweets 212,466 likes

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2017, 01:52:24 am »

;)

That would explain Cruz's weird just shut up why can't we all get along statements. Too funny.