Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Testifying as a Character Witness for Senator Menendez  (Read 715 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lindsey Graham Testifying as a Character Witness for Senator Menendez
Twitter, Oct 26, 2017

STATEMENT FROM THE OFFICE OF SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM

WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham's office today released this statement on the trial of Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey.

"Today, Senator Graham is testifying in federal district court in Newark, New Jersey at the trial of Senator Bob Menendez. Graham is testifying as a character witness for the defense and traveled to the trial at his own personal expense. He will testify about his service with Senator Menendez in the Senate. Graham's testimony is unrelated to the underlying charges."

https://twitter.com/search?q=Menendez&src=tren

Re: Lindsey Graham Testifying as a Character Witness for Senator Menendez
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:41:45 pm »
 ***suicide***

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:45:03 pm »
Uniparty vs. The American People - exhibit no. 398,754

Online corbe

Top Republican senator testifies for Menendez at bribery trial
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »

Top Republican senator testifies for Menendez at bribery trial
October 26, 2017 / 9:46 AM / Updated 3 hours ago
Joseph Ax

(Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Lindsay Graham testified on Thursday as a character witness on behalf of Democratic colleague Bob Menendez, who is on trial on federal corruption charges in Newark, New Jersey.

Graham testified for only six minutes, telling jurors he knows the New Jersey senator to be a “very honest, trustworthy man,” according to Twitter posts from a reporter from the Star-Ledger newspaper who was in the courtroom.

Democrat Cory Booker, who is New Jersey’s junior senator, also is expected to testify as a character witness. Booker, the former mayor of Newark, has previously attended the trial in support of Menendez.

<..snip..>

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-jersey-menendez/top-republican-senator-testifies-for-menendez-at-bribery-trial-idUSKBN1CV2FZ

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Top Republican senator testifies for Menendez at bribery trial
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

Club members protecting fellow club members.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »
Color me shocked...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »
   Statue of Limitations ran out on this one for Trump.

Category            Contributor                         Occupation                     Date          Amount          Recipient

Money to Candidates  TRUMP, DONALD
                                 NEW YORK, NY 10022    THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION   05-02-2007   $1,000.00    Menendez, Robert (D)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 06:39:51 pm »

Category            Contributor                         Occupation                     Date          Amount          Recipient

NEW YORK, NY 10022    THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION   05-02-2007   $1,000.00    Menendez, Robert (D)

Lucky for him...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 06:48:24 pm »
Club members protecting fellow club members.

Graham should put his money where his mouth is and volunteer to do time with Menendez if the jury disagrees.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:59:25 pm by skeeter »

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 06:56:49 pm »
   Schumer, Reid, Durbin and Menedez were, for the most part, the D side of the Gang of 8 and Trump gave to all of them, also Dodd.

Donald Trump Financed The Gang of 8

Posted at 3:00 pm on February 11, 2016 by Ben Howe

One of the most common things you hear from a Trump fanatic is that the single most important thing this election is illegal immigration and that Donald Trump is the only candidate who is talking about building a wall and deporting everyone that’s here illegally.

Trump has claimed that no one would be talking about illegal immigration had he not brought it up, which is of course complete nonsense. Even his own talking points dispute that. Trump has repeatedly referenced the ominous “Gang of 8” as a way of attacking Senator Marco Rubio’s record since the proposed bill would’ve offered a path to citizenship for the illegals The Donald promises to kick out. The Gang of 8 bill was proposed in 2013 so if nothing else, we know immigration was a discussion 3 years ago.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2016/02/11/donald-trump-financed-gang-8/

I'm bored and got some time to beat this dead horse.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 07:07:59 pm »
Merged Topics

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 07:31:34 pm »

Donating money to candidates is illegal now. Thanks for the update. I had better turn myself into the feds.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 07:35:13 pm »

Well I got an horse to beat too. What type of solid citizen did Ben back while he was writing that slam piece?

Evan McMullin for President
Posted at 9:00 pm on October 13, 2016 by Ben Howe

https://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2016/10/13/evan-mcmullin-president/

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »

10 years ago Donald Trump was a private citizen with a global business headquartered in NYC ----  and by NY standards a $1,000 contribution is an insult.   Especially to a neighboring senator.   :laugh:

I do wish you'd focus on what's happening now @corbe  and how Graham is helping to save a democrat senate seat that the Republican governor could replace with a Republican ....

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 09:07:49 pm »
10 years ago Donald Trump was a private citizen with a global business headquartered in NYC ----  and by NY standards a $1,000 contribution is an insult.   Especially to a neighboring senator.   :laugh:

I do wish you'd focus on what's happening now @corbe  and how Graham is helping to save a democrat senate seat that the Republican governor could replace with a Republican ....

Your asking me to assume that just because you are a rich NY real estate tycoon doing business in a state it's ok to donate to sleazy politicians like mcculliff, hellary, reid, pelosi, durbin, dobbs to name just a few AND their affiliated PAC's and Foundations.

Because I am so behind the times @Right_in_Virginia Virginia I think 'TRUE' Character is something that isn't turned on or off based on whether it may help you financially or not.

Screw Graham, he's just as worthless as your guy and the other 90% in DC that are of questionable character.

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
   Your asking me to assume that just because you are a rich NY real estate tycoon doing business in a state it's ok to donate ......

I'm asking you to remember this thread is about Graham, not the President.   :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 09:31:48 pm »
    Are you Mod8? Did you merge my Anti-Trump thread with your Anti-Graham thread?   

Just kidding hon, your thoughtful advice is now forever seared in my memory.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 09:34:07 pm »
   Your asking me to assume that just because you are a rich NY real estate tycoon doing business in a state it's ok to donate to sleazy politicians like mcculliff, hellary, reid, pelosi, durbin, dobbs to name just a few AND their affiliated PAC's and Foundations.

Because I am so behind the times @Right_in_Virginia Virginia I think 'TRUE' Character is something that isn't turned on or off based on whether it may help you financially or not.

Screw Graham, he's just as worthless as your guy and the other 90% in DC that are of questionable character.

If it takes a formerly sleazy NYC tycoon who's done business with sleazy politicians in the past to reverse the ACA, get me a tax cut, unshackle the military, start filling the judiciary with if not conservative at least normal jurists, and begin enforcing our immigration laws again then so be it. Thats fine with me.

Let me know when he breaks the law.

Now about Graham...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:34:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 09:42:29 pm »

I don't know. I donated to sleazier pols like W Bush and Arlen Spector. So sue me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 10:40:06 pm »
   Schumer, Reid, Durbin and Menedez were, for the most part, the D side of the Gang of 8 and Trump gave to all of them, also Dodd.

Donald Trump Financed The Gang of 8

Posted at 3:00 pm on February 11, 2016 by Ben Howe

One of the most common things you hear from a Trump fanatic is that the single most important thing this election is illegal immigration and that Donald Trump is the only candidate who is talking about building a wall and deporting everyone that’s here illegally.

Trump has claimed that no one would be talking about illegal immigration had he not brought it up, which is of course complete nonsense. Even his own talking points dispute that. Trump has repeatedly referenced the ominous “Gang of 8” as a way of attacking Senator Marco Rubio’s record since the proposed bill would’ve offered a path to citizenship for the illegals The Donald promises to kick out. The Gang of 8 bill was proposed in 2013 so if nothing else, we know immigration was a discussion 3 years ago.

<..snip..>

Do you have to bore the rest of us?  Just askin'  Donald Trump is a friggin' angel compared to some of the pols we are unfortunately saddled with.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 10:58:04 pm »
  Donald Trump is nothing but an opportunistic N.Y. Liberal @Emjay who incidentally has done a few things I agree with. Why do you want to smother my attempt to Vent? I'm not trying to troll or be malicious. I'm just trying to enjoy this new batch of craft beer called Texas Wit, great light Belgium. Wish you were here

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:13 pm »
   Ok maybe I was trolling but you are always far to intelligent to take bait.