Author Topic: FDA approves better vaccine against painful shingles virus  (Read 966 times)

rangerrebew

FDA approves better vaccine against painful shingles virus
« on: October 25, 2017, 01:48:29 pm »

FDA approves better vaccine against painful shingles virus
By Associated Press  | October 23, 2017

U.S. regulators have approved a new, more effective vaccine to prevent painful shingles, which is caused by the chickenpox virus.

Drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline said the Food and Drug Administration approved it late Friday. It will be the second shingles vaccine in the U.S. market. Merck launched the first one in 2006.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20171023/NEWS/171029979/fda-approves-better-vaccine-against-painful-shingles-virus

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: FDA approves better vaccine against painful shingles virus
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »
Rut roh! Don't tell the mental midgets in this forum!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:30:10 am »
Rut roh! Don't tell the mental midgets in this forum!

Ooh, Ooh, Teacher, call on me! I know the answer.

Studies paid for by Glaxo found it prevents shingles in about 90% of people.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 05:31:21 am »
You mean there was something wrong with the first one?  Hmmm....I never heard anyone mention anything like that before.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 05:41:28 am »
What the hell is wrong with shingles? Just how the hell are you supposed to keep the water from coming through your roof? Are people arguing to go back to thatched?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:21 am »
What the hell is wrong with shingles? Just how the hell are you supposed to keep the water from coming through your roof? Are people arguing to go back to thatched?

Em blue tarps work good... And look fancy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 06:05:37 am »
Em blue tarps work good... And look fancy.

Ah those tarps rattle when the wind picks up. It ruins my buzz.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 06:05:40 am »
It's new and improved.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article180782786.html

[GSK]"Shingrix can have more severe side effects than the older vaccine, most commonly pain, redness, swelling, fever, headache and upset stomach. GSK said most reactions to the vaccine were mild and short-term, lasting less than three days. Weber said up to 15 percent of those who receive the dual shots of Shingrix will have arm soreness uncomfortable enough to impair daily function for less than three days."

GSK's "Discontinuation Syndrome"

Antidepressant Addiction Warning
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1382551.stm

GSK's advertised discontinuation time frame for Seroxat patients was 2 weeks.

"Thousands of people in the UK could be hooked on the anti-depressant drug Seroxat, without knowing it.

Dr David Healy, a UK expert in antidepressants, has said he has seen records of trials carried out by the manufacturers which showed healthy volunteers were suffering withdrawal symptoms after taking the drug for just a couple of weeks.

He said more than half of people on Seroxat may have "significant" withdrawal problems.

He said: "For most people who take the drug, one of the key points that will concern people is that Seroxat (paroxetine) could make you physically dependent."

Dr Healy, director of the North Wales department of psychological medicine was given access to the results of early trials of the drugs while a witness in a US case.

The case dealt with a seperate concern about the drug, which is that some people who take it could become violent towards themselves or others.

The family of David Snell won a $6.4m payout from manufacturers GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) after Mr Snell was found to have murdered three members of his family, and himself, after taking the drug for just two days.

The company denies the link and is appealing against the decision.

Two weeks earlier, in Australia, a judge ruled Sertraline, a drug in the same family, had caused David Hawkins to murder his wife and attempt to kill himself.

Dr Healy told BBC News Online, of the 100m people world-wide who were on Seroxat, one in 1,000 could have a suicidal reaction."

Paroxetine is sold as Seroxat in the UK, and as Paxil in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr5yFsp7Bq8&feature=youtu.be

I embedded this video especially for you WTF, since you don't read the material I use to make my points in other posts before you launch into another fit of repeating your slogan as proof of your position.

This vid's an hour long, and I'm breathless with anticipation, since I adore being called a mental midget.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:23:18 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 07:33:34 am »
Ah those tarps rattle when the wind picks up. It ruins my buzz.

Ahh. Next time spend some extra on the good bungees. You'll be fine.