Author Topic: How the FBI and ATF are aiding the las vegas shooting investigation  (Read 683 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I found this very interesting, feds have not determined if Paddock had help:

"At the Las Vegas site, she said hundreds of people would work the scene. An FBI evidence response team would package evidence to be sent to the lab in Quantico.

Gun purchases, the surveillance system the gunman used and evidence gathered at the shooting site would be examined “to make sure another gun wasn’t used, another shooter wasn’t involved,” and determine whether someone else did not help him build the electronic gear.

“Did he buy it, could he build it himself?” Ridenour said of questions investigators would ask.

The investigation is expected to take months, if not a year, to complete, Ridenour said.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/how-the-fbi-and-atf-are-aiding-the-las-vegas-shooting-investigation/
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

Re: How the FBI and ATF are aiding the las vegas shooting investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 05:31:02 pm »
Could he build his electronic surveillance system himself. I guess not since the hard drive is missing. Feds have some 'splaining to do.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
No official news in almost two weeks, but things are starting to leak.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:47:10 pm »
This is interesting.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 01:01:36 am »
This is interesting.

I thought so. I am watching Tucker Carlson who has a union rep for Jesus Campos on tonight. His injury was two fragments in the left upper thigh. Mexico trip was pre-planned and there was "no issue" with letting him go.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 03:55:13 am »
No official news in almost two weeks, but things are starting to leak.
@austingirl  It will take months, perhaps a year to complete the investigation. Within a week ISIS claimed the op. Within 12 hours, the FBI and others said "not terrorism".

If the investigation will take months, how can they say what it is or is not?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »
@austingirl  It will take months, perhaps a year to complete the investigation. Within a week ISIS claimed the op. Within 12 hours, the FBI and others said "not terrorism".

If the investigation will take months, how can they say what it is or is not?
@Smokin Joe

I do not trust that the FBI will tell us the truth. There are so many inconsistencies and oddities that defy explanation. There were several computers, phones and electronic devices collected from his two homes and the hotel room. Only info released is about one missing hard drive that could have several explanations. Was Paddock a big computer guy? I doubt it, yet he had several devices and no internet presence. BS.

Very frustrating. I am astounded that the media has dropped this story.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 04:26:06 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I do not trust that the FBI will tell us the truth. There are so many inconsistencies and oddities that defy explanation. There were several computers, phones and electronic devices collected from his two homes and the hotel room. Only info released is about one missing hard drive that could have several explanations. Was Paddock a big computer guy? I doubt it, yet he had several devices and no internet presence. BS.

And, why had the media dropped this story?  Because there's no new news?  You'd think that would inspire them to start shaking trees.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:24 pm »
@Smokin Joe

The dog that didn't bark...

If I don my Alcoa Chapeau, that reeks of a story they want to bury.
Now, to me that seems just a tad off, it being the nastiest domestically blamed (so far) terroristic event that actually involved a firearm, with the highest tally of KIA/WIA since 9/11 (planes, foreign op), and Oklahoma City (rental truck, fertilizer and fuel oil) before that.

Why would that be?

To discourage copycats (for a change).

They're too busy ragging on President Trump.

They know no one is going to pass or sign more gun control unless they want to be former office holders after the next election.

After a brief flurry of howling for more gun control, the whole issue seems to have gone silent. Maybe I'm missing something because I don't watch TV news unless I have heard something is going on and am desperate for video feed and innate commentary, but I just haven't seen much of the usual suspects howling for taking guns away, although there was the bit about bump stocks.

So that really does seem off, considering that even in known instances of Islamist terrorism the media seem to push for a month or more (while ignoring the Islamist part). Now they are quiet.

Maybe some of that is the MGM influence wanting to keep a story that is bad for business (and one which may draw liability suits like flies to a feedlot) out of the public eye.

If there are others involved, the combination of the "lone gunman" story and keeping it out of the media might keep the heat off of other suspects who might yet surface. They may just be buying time, and the 'missing drive' might be a ruse to let his pals come up for air...

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis