Author Topic: Census Bureau: 44.6% in California Don’t Speak English at Home; 35.6% in Texas; 34.5% in NM; 31.7% in NJ; 31.0% in NY  (Read 353 times)

rangerrebew

Census Bureau: 44.6% in California Don’t Speak English at Home; 35.6% in Texas; 34.5% in NM; 31.7% in NJ; 31.0% in NY

(CNSNews.com) - In California--which with a July 2016 population of 39,250,017 is the nation’s most populous state--44.6 percent of the people five years of age and older do not speak English at home, according to data released this week by the Census Bureau [1].

At the same time, according to the Census Bureau, 18.6 percent of California residents 5 and older do not speak English “very well.”
Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/census-bureau-446-california-dont-speak-english-home-356-texas-345-nm

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline skeeter

Most here would be outraged if they knew what absolute partisan crap foreign language news media are feeding their consumers.

Its no wonder this state has been transformed to forever blue.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Color me skeptical of this claim. I know many people here that are fully bilingual, but they are like my wife's Italian parents, and put the highest priority on children being proficient in English.

So it would depend a lot on the wording of the poll question.

1. "Don't Speak English at Home"

2. "Don't Always Speak English at Home."

To the 2nd question, I would answer Yes. I use a ein bisschen Deutsch, un poco de español, un po 'italiano
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln