Author Topic: Lieu to Flake Following Retirement Announcement: ‘Welcome to the #Resistance’  (Read 375 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lieu to Flake Following Retirement Announcement: ‘Welcome to the #Resistance’
Washington Free Beacon, Oct 24, 2017, Conor Beck

Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu (Calif.) tweeted on Tuesday, "Dear Senator Jeff Flake: Welcome to the #Resistance," in response to Sen. Jeff Flake's (R., Ariz.) decision not to seek reelection and Senate floor speech in which he castigated colleagues for not standing up to President Donald Trump.

The congressman retweeted a segment of Flake's speech, adding his message of "welcome" to the Arizona senator whose term is up in 2018.

More: http://freebeacon.com/politics/lieu-flake-retirement-announcement-welcome-resistance/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Honestly blaming Trump in this instance is a cover for the fact Flake wasn't going to win the Republican nomination.

Kinda goes hand in glove with the fact he's got an F on the Conservative Review Liberty Score.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Honestly blaming Trump in this instance is a cover for the fact Flake wasn't going to win the Republican nomination.

Kinda goes hand in glove with the fact he's got an F on the Conservative Review Liberty Score.

I flipped past Michael Medved yesterday just as he was saying what a reliable conservative and loyal Tea Party Member Flake was.

Offline aligncare

I flipped past Michael Medved yesterday just as he was saying what a reliable conservative and loyal Tea Party Member Flake was.

Medved was also reluctantly dragged kicking and screaming on to the Trump train. To his credit, he did eventually drop his NeverTrump attitude and sometimes does give the president his due.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Flake is like Kelly Ayotte IMO...used the TEA PArty to get elected...then turned into a runoff the mill DC RINO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Flake is like Kelly Ayotte IMO...used the TEA PArty to get elected...then turned into a runoff the mill DC RINO.

A Paul Ryan type.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Worse, he did it even before he was inaugurated.  It really pissed me off.  As for the original story linked above, about Flake and "the Resistance," I have to laugh and remind soon-to-be-ex Senator Flake what happens when you lie down with dogs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: