Author Topic: Former US president George HW Bush apologises after actress claims he 'sexually assaulted' her from his WHEELCHAIR in this photograph ...  (Read 6380 times)

Silver Pines

Yes, and Babs called Clinton a fine man too.

I'm not aware of President Trump being associated with burn pits, starting two shooting wars,  sectarian violence especially against Christians arising under his stewardship. You seem to be going off topic and that should be answered.

@TomSea

@Victoria33 doesn't answer to you.  She was responding to my question; I apologize to the forum for going off topic. 

You're doing the same re:  Clinton and Trump.  I'm sure you're sorry.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I answered a question by @CatherineofAragon about whether I knew Bush.  End of story.

I wasn't saying a thing about that. I thought the attacks on Trump should be answered.  There should be nothing wrong with answering that.

@Victoria33
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:11:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

@Victoria33 doesn't answer to you.  She was responding to my question; I apologize to the forum for going off topic. 

You're doing the same re:  Clinton and Trump.  I'm sure you're sorry.
:LAME:

I didn't know someone was free to attack the president and that he then can not have someone defend him. Thanks, I need to read the forum rules again. My apologies.

@CatherineofAragon

I am glad I am answering to you to understand the rules.

:ignore:  If one doesn't like what one says, they have options.

Still a public forum, if one says something, one might comment. You don't have to read it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:03:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

@RoosGirl

Undeniable fact.

@RoosGirl
@CatherineofAragon

It is an undeniable fact that I am thought of as a Sex Machine around this forum. Thanks for noticing.

Now I have to off so I can ruin another thread.

Offline ConservativeGranny

I can't see the President's left arm or hand in the photo. It's possible that he was trying to put his arm around her. From wheelchair height it wouldn't be around her waist. It would have to be around her rear end. For all we know his hand could have been up her skirt.

He is a very old man and probably couldn't remember if he told her a joke or not. It's not unheard of for old men who are suffering from dementia (and Parkinsons can cause dementia) to become "dirty old men". I used to volunteer at a nursing home when I was in high school and they had a few. Does Bush have a reputation for being a serial sexual harrasser? I've not heard anything about that. This is a first. She may or may not be telling the truth but I don't see the point in her telling of this story. The guy is in his 90s.

When my mother was working in an office there was a male co-worker who would drop things on the floor next to her desk and put his hands on her legs. Back then she wore high heels to work and she ground that heel into his hand. Last time he ever did that. Sometimes you just have to be proactive. It is rare that there is a woman who hasn't been sexually mistreated or harassed in her lifetime. Some of these things can be easily handled and some not. And certainly children should not be included in that. She could have just removed his hand and replaced it on his lap or moved to a different spot. Sometimes an audible "HEY! Get your hand off of my (fill in the blank) works very well especially if there is an audience. If that audience includes the wife all the better.

I think it would be more interesting to hear from women who have never been touched inappropriately by a male.

Offline TomSea

Ex-Prez George H.W. Bush admits to patting women on rear
BY Kate Feldman

Former President George H.W. Bush says his alleged sexual assault is “intended to be a good-natured manner.”

The 41st President issued a statement Wednesday after being accused of sexual assault by “Turn” star Heather Lind.

“At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures,” his spokesman said in a statement.

Continued at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-prez-george-h-w-bush-admits-patting-women-rear-article-1.3589015

See, there is an innocent explanation.

Online berdie

I think it would be more interesting to hear from women who have never been touched inappropriately by a male.

That is the truth!!

All of this is beginning to lose impact. (not that it had a lot to begin with, imho.)

I will exclude underage people and people that were actually raped. But most of this is a lot of publicity seeking noise.

Offline TomSea

See new thread:

Ex-Prez George H.W. Bush admits to patting women on rear
BY Kate Feldman

Former President George H.W. Bush says his alleged sexual assault is “intended to be a good-natured manner.”

The 41st President issued a statement Wednesday after being accused of sexual assault by “Turn” star Heather Lind.

“At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures,” his spokesman said in a statement.

Continued at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-prez-george-h-w-bush-admits-patting-women-rear-article-1.3589015

See, there is an innocent explanation.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,287747.0.html

See end at link, another woman is saying this happened also.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:57:39 am by TomSea »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Clearly it was inappropriate and the President's spokesperson does not deny it happened. If he has lost his senses to that point perhaps it is better that his wife keep him out of situations where he may be inclined to behave in this manner. Just rolling her eyes is not enough. The actress should have said something at the time like perhaps "excuse me" and moved. And she admits she was warned and ignored the warning. That being said, she shouldn't have to be put in that situation in the first place. She could have responded better but she wasn't the one in the wrong. The President was. If he is out of control keep him home or away from photo ops where he can grab things that aren't his to grab.

Silver Pines

Yeah, there's no excuse.  Too bad some woman didn't unscrew his wrist for him.

Offline RoosGirl

I can't see the President's left arm or hand in the photo. It's possible that he was trying to put his arm around her. From wheelchair height it wouldn't be around her waist. It would have to be around her rear end. For all we know his hand could have been up her skirt.

He is a very old man and probably couldn't remember if he told her a joke or not. It's not unheard of for old men who are suffering from dementia (and Parkinsons can cause dementia) to become "dirty old men". I used to volunteer at a nursing home when I was in high school and they had a few. Does Bush have a reputation for being a serial sexual harrasser? I've not heard anything about that. This is a first. She may or may not be telling the truth but I don't see the point in her telling of this story. The guy is in his 90s.

When my mother was working in an office there was a male co-worker who would drop things on the floor next to her desk and put his hands on her legs. Back then she wore high heels to work and she ground that heel into his hand. Last time he ever did that. Sometimes you just have to be proactive. It is rare that there is a woman who hasn't been sexually mistreated or harassed in her lifetime. Some of these things can be easily handled and some not. And certainly children should not be included in that. She could have just removed his hand and replaced it on his lap or moved to a different spot. Sometimes an audible "HEY! Get your hand off of my (fill in the blank) works very well especially if there is an audience. If that audience includes the wife all the better.

I think you're right, probably most women have had some kind of inappropriate gesture made towards them.  I have and I can't think of a girl friend of mine that hasn't.

Offline TomSea

Sad for this to happen, the actress didn't even have to stand by him in a cast picture with a VIP, GHW Bush.  I guess, there was another incident too.

Offline stephen50right

Clearly it was inappropriate and the President's spokesperson does not deny it happened. If he has lost his senses to that point perhaps it is better that his wife keep him out of situations where he may be inclined to behave in this manner. Just rolling her eyes is not enough. The actress should have said something at the time like perhaps "excuse me" and moved. And she admits she was warned and ignored the warning. That being said, she shouldn't have to be put in that situation in the first place. She could have responded better but she wasn't the one in the wrong. The President was. If he is out of control keep him home or away from photo ops where he can grab things that aren't his to grab.

Bush 1 had been hanging out with Bill Clinton for years now at various events. Maybe he picked up one of Billy boy's bad habits.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm beginning to notice that the term "sexual assault" is becoming the same kind of catchall phrase like "assault weapon".

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Polly Ticks

I think you're right, probably most women have had some kind of inappropriate gesture made towards them.  I have and I can't think of a girl friend of mine that hasn't.

No kidding.  And what's the point of jumping onto the whole "#MeToo" bandwagon? I don't get why some women want to be classified as victims because some skeevy guy at work made an inappropriate gesture 20 years ago. 'm not criticizing women who have had to live with the trauma of actual rape or actual assault, but I can't help but thing there are too many women making mountains out of molehills. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Mod1

Silver Pines

No kidding.  And what's the point of jumping onto the whole "#MeToo" bandwagon? I don't get why some women want to be classified as victims because some skeevy guy at work made an inappropriate gesture 20 years ago. 'm not criticizing women who have had to live with the trauma of actual rape or actual assault, but I can't help but thing there are too many women making mountains out of molehills.

@Polly Ticks

Possibly.  Actually, no doubt some are.  There's no question that Bush's actions can't be compared to those of Weinstein. 

Still, he felt entitled to grope women, and apparently knew exactly what he was doing with the "cop-a-feel" joke.   I don't understand why some woman didn't just loudly tell him to get his damned hand off her (bleep).

Right now I'm texting with a friend whose only refrain is, "But why did she wait so long?"  I have no idea.  I'm pretty sure the photo op with Bush happened right before TURN's first season went on the air, so who knows, maybe she thought it would affect a job she needed.  I can't say.

I never would have taken Bush for an old groper.  So much for class.

Silver Pines

@Polly Ticks

Now I'm reading about a woman whose husband had a type of dementia which caused behavioral problems; she says Bush's actions scream "dementia" to her.  To be fair,  that might be the issue, and if so, he's not to blame.

Offline Applewood

Well, you know that this, like Black Lives Matter, LGBTQRSTUV and so on, is well organized and financed by commies and other anarchists in their never-ending quest to destroy America. None of these things are spontaneous, grassroots efforts done to right a wrong or to make people's lives betrer.  Someone has something to gain here and it's not the alleged victims.

Offline TomSea

This story strikes a chord with most of us, we have likely voted for the Bushes; but it's actually pretty minor (and not to overlook those who are seriously aggrieved or wronged with legitimate sexual harassment behavior).

Mark Halperin is getting a whole lot more attention, Eric Bolling and Bill O'Reilly received a lot of attention, in the end, this story is sort of a

It's unfortunate, sad for the former president and hurts his public image some.

From skydiving in what seemed like only a few years ago to now, he looks so frail.

I chalk it up to old age and sadly with this incident and at 93, I don't know how much more we will see him in the public eye. I'm not in the victim-blaming as much either. Maybe they both are.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:15:39 pm by TomSea »

Silver Pines

No doubt Heather is milking this for dramatic effect.  Oh, well.  I'm a Peggy fan, anyway.

Offline stephen50right

@Polly Ticks

Now I'm reading about a woman whose husband had a type of dementia which caused behavioral problems; she says Bush's actions scream "dementia" to her.  To be fair,  that might be the issue, and if so, he's not to blame.

That really is an excellent point, and having known someone who had dementia, they basically lose their sense of reason and morals. The brain just basically freezes up and breaks down.

Bush 1 touching that woman may have meant about the same thing to his dementia mind as touching a baby or whatever. He may not even be truly aware of what sexuality is at this point.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34