Author Topic: Former US president George HW Bush apologises after actress claims he 'sexually assaulted' her from his WHEELCHAIR in this photograph ...  (Read 6373 times)

Silver Pines

@C atherineofAragon

TURИ ping

@Suppressed

I almost fell out when I saw this.  Heather wants to get in on the fun, I guess.

For God's sake, he's in his nineties.   

Wonder why she deleted the post?  (Thanks for the ping)!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Close.  It's the Daily Mail, which isn't necessarily reliable.

@Applewood   While the charge is absurd, the charge was given voice and the Bush spokesman is apologizing for it.

“President Bush would never — under any circumstance — intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind," the Bush spokesman said in a statement to Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/25/report-george-h-w-bush-apologizes-after-sexual-assault-allegation.html

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:36:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline cammie

Lind should be reviled as she is actively harming those women who actually have been assaulted with claims like this.  Badly done.

Offline stephen50right

And we all know he didn't do it. We all know the actress is lying.

Bush only apologized of course just for the sake of apologizing because he thought it would end any consternation. Bush has one foot in the grave, and likely not of completely sound mind. It's quite shameful what this actress did, and likely she isn't of sound mind either, probably a drug addict.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The bad thing is, GHW Bush actually apologized for it. If it didn't happen, say nothing is what I'd say one is to do or perhaps deny it.

It's difficult to say "Oh, it didn't happen" if one actually apologized.

He's not in good shape, I would think. So this was back in 2014, only a few years.

Addendum, if it changes anything, the apology might only be for telling the dirty joke. Perhaps they don't deny that part, perhaps it was heard by others.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:43:50 pm by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

I wonder how these snowflakes would do if they had to work in the workplaces of the 50s-70s where women were constantly told things like "nice legs" and what not.
If this was true, I would have told Barbara and let her deal with it. That woman is formidable!!
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

Here is a Barbara Bush story:

When my husband was Republican Chairman of our county, we had an election judge who looked exactly like Barbara Bush.  I have a picture of the two Barbara's standing beside each other, and you can't tell who is the real Barbara Bush.

We went to a meeting with George Bush and at the end of the meeting, people went up to Bush to speak to him.  "Our" Barbara Bush was in the line to speak to him.  I said to Bush, there is someone here who wants to speak to you - he saw "our" Barbara Bush, and said, "THAT IS MY MOMMA!", and he hugged her.

One time when we went to the state convention, I was on the escalator to the second floor where the lunch meeting was for our district.  In front of me was a man.  Behind me was "our" Barbara Bush.  I heard the man say out loud to himself, "Barbara Bush is here!".  So, I get inside the room and behind me came in "our" Barbara Bush.  The whole room of people stood up and started clapping.  This man in front of me had gone into the room and told all of them that Barbara Bush was coming to the room.

"Our" Barbara Bush told me she was so aware people thought she was Barbara that she always presented herself in a respectful manner so as not to do anything that would be embarrassing for the real Barbara.

"Our" Barbara was going with a group to Israel.  I told her I was afraid bad guys there, (can you say Palestinian terrorists?) would see her and try to kidnap or kill her.  She said she knew that and was going to wear a head scarf when she was out among the people, (her hair was exactly like Barbara's) and wear clothes Barbara would never be seen in and would always be in the middle of the tourist group, never off by herself.  I was worried the whole time she was gone but she got back okay.

When she went shopping outside our county, people would come up to her and she would have to tell them she was not Barbara.  "Our" Barbara was a fine lady, just like the real one.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And Babs is gushing with compliments for Bill Clinton.

Offline Frank Cannon

Silver Pines

@Victoria33, that woman must've been a straight-out double for Barbara Bush?

So you met W?  What did you think of him?

Offline cammie

And we all know he didn't do it. We all know the actress is lying.

Bush only apologized of course just for the sake of apologizing because he thought it would end any consternation. Bush has one foot in the grave, and likely not of completely sound mind. It's quite shameful what this actress did, and likely she isn't of sound mind either, probably a drug addict.

You can never, ever apologize to the left.  They just use it as an excuse to further shame, humiliate, and make demands.  That's a big mistake people on the right make, and this is a prime example. 

Offline RoosGirl

Fat Farting Santa? It isn't even Halloween yet. Come on now.

That's my halloween costume this year though

Offline Suppressed

Does one still say "so?"

I don't know, it might raise a few eyebrows.  Why not say "so?" about the photos on this page of Biden?  The women in most of the cases look like they are enjoying it.

@Suppressed

It was his property.  He wanted to go swimming like that.  He should be able to.  The SS should assign appropriate personnel -- ones who won't leer and be offended.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed

I almost fell out when I saw this.  Heather wants to get in on the fun, I guess.

For God's sake, he's in his nineties.   

Wonder why she deleted the post?  (Thanks for the ping)!

You're welcome.  ^-^

And then, why did he apologize, if he did?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

That's my halloween costume this year though

So you're off of the Harvey Weinstein victim costume? Very PC.

Offline skeeter

You're welcome.  ^-^

If my grandad, who has dementia and Parkinsons, grabbed a nurse I'd issue an apology too.

Silver Pines

You're welcome.  ^-^

@Suppressed

Just my guess, but probably because he accidentally touched her or something when they were trying to get situated for the pic, maybe a hand brush or something, and he may or may not recall anything.  But even if he does, he's a gentleman and probably apologized anyway.

She might have misstepped here--- thought she could get some sympathy, maybe.  She's getting attention, but not the kind anyone would want.

Simcoe was right to forget about her.   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

So you're off of the Harvey Weinstein victim costume? Very PC.

Yeah, I couldn't find a slutty enough outfit.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Suppressed

I'm way behind...have just seen first season.  I have to mooch for Netflix.  :-)
+++++++++

Offline RoosGirl

@Suppressed

Just my guess, but probably because he accidentally touched her or something when they were trying to get situated for the pic, maybe a hand brush or something, and he may or may not recall anything.  But even if he does, he's a gentleman and probably apologized anyway.

She might have misstepped here--- thought she could get some sympathy, maybe.  She's getting attention, but not the kind anyone would want.

@CatherineofAragon
Hey, I bet Simcoe is getting a little grabass with Barbara, look at that huge shit eatin grin on his face.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33, that woman must've been a straight-out double for Barbara Bush?

So you met W?  What did you think of him?
@CatherineofAragon

Yes, "our" Barbara was a double for the real one and they met and had that picture taken.

I was with W on numerous occasions when he was our governor - he was just George to us.  He is a fine man, gentle with people.  After 911, I didn't know how he managed to keep himself together at so many funerals he went to.  That attack broke his heart.  It was never about him, as it is with chaos Trump.  Bush would never attack others just to attack them as Trump does.  W still works with veterans' groups without publicity of him doing it.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
Hey, I bet Simcoe is getting a little grabass with Barbara, look at that huge shit eatin grin on his face.

@RoosGirl

Sex Machine gets action from all of them, even the octogenarians.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

George H. W. Bush has apologized to an actress who accused him of sexually assaulting her while they posed for a photograph together four years ago.

The actress, Heather Lind, wrote in a now-deleted Instagram post that she was standing next to the former president when he “touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side.” Lind also alleges Bush told her a “dirty joke.”

The thing is that I too can use my power, which isn’t so different from a President really,” she added. “I can enact positive change. I can actually help people. I can be a symbol of my democracy. I can refuse to call him President, and call out other abuses of power when I see them.

See more at https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/george-h-w-bush-apologizes-055154853.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.