Author Topic: Jeff Flake won't seek re-election for Arizona Senate seat  (Read 936 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeff Flake won't seek re-election for Arizona Senate seat
« on: October 24, 2017, 07:21:56 pm »
by Kyle Feldscher | Oct 24, 2017, 2:53 PM

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election in 2018 after facing withering attacks from President Trump, according to the Arizona Republic.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff-flake-wont-seek-re-election-for-arizona-senate-seat/article/2638462
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Jeff Flake won't seek re-election for Arizona Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:22:09 pm »
Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate
AZCentral, Oct 24, 2017

Condemning the nastiness of Republican politics in the era of President Donald Trump, Sen. Jeff Flake on Tuesday announced he will serve out the remainder of his term but will not seek re-election in 2018.

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

More:  http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/2017/10/24/republican-senator-jeff-flake-announces-not-running-senate-reelection-gop-primary-ward-trump/793952001/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »
Boo friggen hoo.

Too nasty for ya, Jeffy?

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 07:24:32 pm »
We did it again ....   ^-^

@Machiavelli   Please merge with @mystery-ak s thread ...  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,287498.0.html

Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:28:04 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:45:33 pm »
One more McConnell supporter gone.

Watch for damage being done in the Senate before Jan 2019 as the incumbents decide a scorched earth policy is the agenda.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 08:05:14 pm »
Jeff Flake rips Trump while announcing his retirement in remarkable speech on Senate floor: Watch the full speech
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff-flake-rips-trump-while-announcing-his-retirement-in-remarkable-speech-on-senate-floor-watch-the-full-speech/article/2638474
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:29:42 pm »
Jeff Flake rips Trump while announcing his retirement in remarkable speech on Senate floor: Watch the full speech
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff-flake-rips-trump-while-announcing-his-retirement-in-remarkable-speech-on-senate-floor-watch-the-full-speech/article/2638474

Democrats commit blood libel on republicans for years and years and these clowns just sit there with stupid smiles on their faces. Trump Tweets some juvenile insult and suddenly they're reduced to tears.

Good riddance to dishonest trash.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 10:07:37 pm »

Ah, the Trump Effect.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 10:33:37 pm »
"The consulting class, the lobbyists, the K street crowd, the donor class and the politicians the own, they have taken this country in a very, very dangerous — very, very dangerous — direction."  Steve Bannon

If you wish to quarrel with that you CLEARLY have not been paying attention!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 10:36:07 pm »

Another Democrat caucusing Republican gone. Now, we have to wait for John to kick the bucket and that will be a two-fer. Next on list would be to get Alaska back in a 'real' Republican hands.

If we can get rid of all the Democrats in the Republican Party, it is possible that the Republicans may wind up a an actual majority after all. It certainly is getting interesting.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
God Bless Donny for stirring the pot in DC enough to send genuine garbage like Flake, Dent and the others going home to cry in their mothers apron. Eff them all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 10:37:36 pm »
by Kyle Feldscher | Oct 24, 2017, 2:53 PM

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election in 2018 after facing withering attacks from President Trump, according to the Arizona Republic.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff-flake-wont-seek-re-election-for-arizona-senate-seat/article/2638462

I be smilin' at this piece of good news.  Mrs. Liberty will be too....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 10:40:52 pm »
I be smilin' at this piece of good news.  Mrs. Liberty will be too....

@Cyber Liberty

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the woodwork as a result of his retirement.   I'll be expecting you to keep me filled in on the inside baseball stuff.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 10:41:51 pm »
Another Democrat caucusing Republican gone. Now, we have to wait for John to kick the bucket and that will be a two-fer. Next on list would be to get Alaska back in a 'real' Republican hands.

If we can get rid of all the Democrats in the Republican Party, it is possible that the Republicans may wind up a an actual majority after all. It certainly is getting interesting.

:amen: sir!   :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:53 pm »
You bet...and it just got interesting.  (Mrs. Liberty already know...she's been on TBR this afternoon.   ^-^ )
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 10:45:39 pm »

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the woodwork as a result of his retirement.   I'll be expecting you to keep me filled in on the inside baseball stuff.

@Cyber Liberty

Dittos.
As do we all  :beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 10:48:14 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:37 pm »
When you have the Democrats screaming and crying over a so called Republican leaving office, well, that's when you really know what's what.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:56 pm »

That "Gang of Eight" story was a full month BEFORE Flake was even inaugurated!  Not even sworn in, and he was turning on his own constituents so he could chum up with McCain. 
I will NOT comply.