Author Topic: CBS Sports: Ranking the 10 best World Series of all time before the Dodgers and Astros face off  (Read 436 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Abbreviated, read full article at link at end, good list to me, I saw another article that hailed some of these World Series as well. You really can't say. I don't know if last year's was the best ever but it was very good. This probably cheats us out of a few great series that go unmentioned though. Remember, it's all for fun. What game was that where Willie Mays made that great catch? In the World Series?:

Ranking the 10 best World Series of all time before the Dodgers and Astros face off
Jonah Keri

10. 1912 -- Boston Red Sox beat New York Giants 4-3

9. 1968 -- Detroit Tigers beat St. Louis Cardinals 4-3

8. 1993 -- Toronto Blue Jays beat Philadelphia Phillies 4-2

7. 1956 -- New York Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers 4-3

6. 1960 -- Pittsburgh Pirates beat New York Yankees 4-3

5. 1975 -- Cincinnati Reds beat Boston Red Sox 4-3

4. 1986 -- New York Mets beat Boston Red Sox 4-3

3. 1924 -- Washington Senators beat New York Giants 4-3

2. (TIE) 1991 -- Minnesota Twins beat Atlanta Braves 4-3/
2011 -- St. Louis Cardinals beat Texas Rangers 4-3

1. 2016 -- Chicago Cubs beat Cleveland Indians 4-3

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ranking-the-10-best-world-series-of-all-time-before-the-dodgers-and-astros-face-off/

I'd urge one to at least, glance at the article, to hear what the author is saying.

Obviously, as all lists like this go,  this is weighted rather heavily I think towards 1960 and on.

Only 3 listed are before 1960, '56, '12 and '24.

It also looks like they don't list teams who won some impressive series more than once, say, some team like the Yankees, so they try to spread it around.

Addendum: Looks like I didn't have the link in earlier, apologies.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:22:47 am by TomSea »