Author Topic: Michigan: 32-year-old Mt. Morris father identified as victim killed by rock thrown on I-75 (freeway)  (Read 696 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
32-year-old Mt. Morris father identified as victim killed by rock thrown on I-75
ABC12 News Team
Posted: Thu 12:36 PM, Oct 19, 2017  |
Updated: Fri 10:00 AM, Oct 20, 2017

(10/19/2017) - Police identified the man killed by a large rock thrown onto I-75 from the Dodge Road overpass Wednesday as 32-year-old Kenneth White of Mt. Morris.

White was riding in the passenger seat of a van heading south on the freeway when a large rock came crashing through the windshield around 8:30 p.m. He was riding with coworkers on the way home from a work trip to Au Gres when he died.

The Genesee County Sheriff's Department believes an unknown suspect threw the rock onto the highway. The incident is being investigated as a possible homicide.

Read more at: http://www.abc12.com/content/news/32-year-old-father-identified-as-victim-killed-by-rock-thrown-on-I-75-451623903.html

It made the Fox radio news this morning, this happens every so often, most everywhere.  I hope they can find the culprit.

Offline dfwgator

Have they found the Dindu yet?

Offline TomSea

The stories make no mention of anyone being apprehended but the link I posted from bing news said local teens had been hauled in.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=freeway+rocks&qs=n&form=QBNT&sp=-1&pq=freeway+rocks&sc=8-13&sk=&cvid=213791AC27E94CAFB939DB662A4C66D3
Interstate 75
Local teens in custody for I-75 rock throwing death
(10/19/2017) - Police identified the man killed by a large rock thrown onto I-75 from the Dodge Road overpass Wednesday as 32-year-old Kenneth White …
http://www.abc12.com/content/news/32-year-old-father-identified-as-victim-killed-by-rock-thrown-on-I-75-451623903.html

So, hopefully they have someone.

I re-read the ABC12 link, it doesn't mention this.

Offline TomSea

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/24/teens-charged-after-man-killed-by-rock-thrown-from-michigan-overpass.html

Caught them with pictures.

"The teenage boys are expected to be arraigned on Tuesday and face life in prison if convicted."

Let's hope so.

Offline aligncare

Teens do stupid unthinking stuff, sometimes a monumentally stupid thing that injures or kills themselves or others.

Depending on the age, I don’t think one moment of irrationality and impulsive behavior should remove them from society for the rest of their lives. Most young eventually mature and comport their behavior to adult standards.

I simply believe in redemption, that’s all. JMHO.

Offline Applewood

Teens do stupid unthinking stuff, sometimes a monumentally stupid thing that injures or kills themselves or others.

Depending on the age, I don’t think one moment of irrationality and impulsive behavior should remove them from society for the rest of their lives. Most young eventually mature and comport their behavior to adult standards.

It wasn't just a harmless stupid mistake.  Someone died.  And I don't buy the argument that they were too young to know any better.  Where I live, we have 14 year old gangstas shooting each other.  When teenagers commit acts of violence, they aren't children anymore.  They know exactly what they are doing.  And for too long, the actions of these punks have had no consequences. High time that changes.  Yes, put the kids in prison for life.  For sure, they won't get dropping boulders from highway overpasses again anytime soon. 

Offline aligncare

Twenty-five or 40 years might be long enough – or, maybe even 10 or 15, depending on the individual. Heck in some states, involuntary manslaughter convictions won’t even get you that kind of time.

If I were on the jury, I couldn’t agree to life in prison IF the suspect(s) were minors or of barely legal age. That’s just me.

Offline Applewood

The accused are mostly 15.  One is 17.   

They should have known better. 

Sorry.  I have no sympathy.  If convicted, they should do serious prison time.

Online roamer_1

NOPE. WAY, WAY, past that. Burning a barn down, getting drunk and running your pickup down a fence line... Heck, even knocking up somebody's daughter, or killing somebody's horse in a wayward hunting accident...

Thus was cold and intentional, with a very predictable result.
They should all be charged as adults. the one who actually rolled the rock off should be charged with premeditated murder, and his cohorts as accessory to the crime.

Offline TomSea

If one reads the updated article, it reads one of the boys with the last name "Anger" (yes, that is his last name) was the one who dropped the 20 lb. stone that killed.

We don't know if that is what happened definitely until a trial but I have a feeling, one of the lads probably felt guilty or something and turned himself in. Thus, I think there's a chance, some of these boys who did not do the actual killing "could" get some leniency for testifying.

Obviously, a trial is needed to find out what happened.