Author Topic: Bullied No More: PragerU Files Lawsuit Against YouTube  (Read 2248 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Bullied No More: PragerU Files Lawsuit Against YouTube
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:33 pm »

As rational as saying Standard Oil can be opposed by  citizens collecting bacon grease.

Actually, that is valid. It may have missed your gaze, but I have many friends who are now making their own 'french fry' diesel. There is great value in 'not following the herd', and those who march to a different drummer are not afraid of alternate means.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 10:06:33 pm »
Actually, that is valid. It may have missed your gaze, but I have many friends who are now making their own 'french fry' diesel. There is great value in 'not following the herd', and those who march to a different drummer are not afraid of alternate means.

Or that Colonel Sanders can be threatened with a feather duster.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 10:09:57 pm »

Or that Colonel Sanders can be threatened with a feather duster.

I am not surprised you didn't use home-fried chicken as the threat, because that is the apt comparison... And certainly Colonel Sanders' main competition. And always will be.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »

More like "If the only tool you have is a hammer,  your problem starts to look like a nail." 

We can debate principle till we are all hanged.   If we don't do something to stop this power grab by Goolag,  that time will come sooner than later.

It'd probably be more productive to go after Google under anti trust laws. Google owns 68% of the US and virtually all of the foreign market. This seems like a conspiracy to restrain trade.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »
It'd probably be more productive to go after Google under anti trust laws. Google owns 68% of the US and virtually all of the foreign market. This seems like a conspiracy to restrain trade.

I think where myself and a lot of people get sideways on this is their need to put it into some category or other that dovetails with what they want to be their principles.   

Me?  I just see a threat,  and therefore I think it needs to be attacked.  I'm a bit simplistic that way.   

But yes,  "restraint of trade"  is good for me if it works.   Anything that works is good for me.   I like the idea of suing them for gender discrimination.   I like the idea of suing them or prosecuting them for anything.   

Really,  anything at all that we can do to damage them.   The bottom line here is that they need to be damaged.  :) 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 10:26:02 pm »
I am not surprised you didn't use home-fried chicken as the threat, because that is the apt comparison... And certainly Colonel Sanders' main competition. And always will be.

So home fried Youtube is going to bring Google to it's knees?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »

So home fried Youtube is going to bring Google to it's knees?

In essence, YES. Alternatives are growing even as we speak.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »
In essence, YES. Alternatives are growing even as we speak.

Such as?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 11:02:45 pm »

I think where myself and a lot of people get sideways on this is their need to put it into some category or other that dovetails with what they want to be their principles.   

Me?  I just see a threat,  and therefore I think it needs to be attacked.  I'm a bit simplistic that way.   

But yes,  "restraint of trade"  is good for me if it works.   Anything that works is good for me.   I like the idea of suing them for gender discrimination.   I like the idea of suing them or prosecuting them for anything.   

Really,  anything at all that we can do to damage them.   The bottom line here is that they need to be damaged.  :)

Did you just admit you have no principles beyond your lust for revenge?  You'll do anything, even if it means using the most leftist of tactics like suing for gender discrimination?  Wow.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 11:03:35 pm »

Such as?

Look at steem. Up and coming, and based on block chain. They inherently have no ability to censure.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 11:11:26 pm »
Did you just admit you have no principles beyond your lust for revenge?  You'll do anything, even if it means using the most leftist of tactics like suing for gender discrimination?  Wow.

Back in that rut again,  I see.    I thought I explained this.   My first principle is to my family and their survival,  and their future.   

There may be a "principle"  debate about whether to fight,   but once you've answered that in the affirmative,  it now becomes a question of "how"  to fight.   

My answer is with everything and the kitchen sink. 

Google is a threat.    I don't think you realize just how big of a threat Google is. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:17 pm »

Back in that rut again,  I see.    I thought I explained this.   My first principle is to my family and their survival,  and their future.   

There may be a "principle"  debate about whether to fight,   but once you've answered that in the affirmative,  it now becomes a question of "how"  to fight.   

My answer is with everything and the kitchen sink. 

Google is a threat.    I don't think you realize just how big of a threat Google is.

Yup!  That's my rut!  Adhere to principles or you are no better than a Democrat.  If you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything, and you don't stand for anything at all.  See the second line of my sig line below from DB, that's for you.  You're just not settled on a price yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 11:15:10 pm »
Look at steem. Up and coming, and based on block chain. They inherently have no ability to censure.

I found "steemit".   Is that what you mean? 

Didn't find "steem".   

Also I don't believe someone when they tell me they have no "ability"  to censor.   If they own the website,  they have an ability to censor. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 11:16:18 pm »

Didn't find "steem".   

Also I don't believe someone when they tell me they have no "ability"  to censor.   If they own the website,  they have an ability to censor.

Back in that rut again, I see.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 11:16:20 pm »
Yup!  That's my rut!  Adhere to principles or you are no better than a Democrat.  If you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything, and you don't stand for anything at all.  See the second line of my sig line below from DB, that's for you.  You're just not settled on a price yet.

Cliche's are no substitute for a real rebuttal. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 11:17:26 pm »

yes, that's it.

Then you don't understand block chain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 11:17:55 pm »
Back in that rut again, I see.

To quote John Maynard Keynes: 

"When the facts change,  I change  my mind.  What do you do sir?"   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 11:18:23 pm »

Cliche's are no substitute for a real rebuttal.

I don't see the point in a more complicated rebuttal against a completely unprincipled person.  You'll just circle-talk all day, like others I know.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 11:20:01 pm »
yes, that's it.

Then you don't understand block chain.

I understand somewhat how it works.   But this is like Isaac Asimov on his aversion to Flying. 

"I understand the principles of flight.   I just don't believe in them." 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:48 pm »
I don't see the point in a more complicated rebuttal against a completely unprincipled person.  You'll just circle-talk all day, like others I know.

If you are going to make accusations,   then there really is no point in a real rebuttal.   

Lazy man's way of arguing. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:01 pm »

I understand somewhat how it works.   But this is like Isaac Asimov on his aversion to Flying. 

"I understand the principles of flight.   I just don't believe in them."

Your belief or disbelief is incidental - The point being that competition is on the rise, with a specificity that claims to be incapable of censorship... Precisely addressing Googles censorship and offering an exception. And it is not the only one. Patreon is another. And within the youtube community, several are now adding commercials to their own work, self-monetizing where Youtube refuses to monetize.

Give it a while. By summer rivals will be sorted out.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 11:48:36 pm »
Your belief or disbelief is incidental - The point being that competition is on the rise, with a specificity that claims to be incapable of censorship... Precisely addressing Googles censorship and offering an exception. And it is not the only one. Patreon is another.

I've heard of Patreon,  and they are also censoring/refusing  conservatives.   

And within the youtube community, several are now adding commercials to their own work, self-monetizing where Youtube refuses to monetize.

So now we have us untermenschen sitting at the back of the bus while the cloud people can sit wherever they like?   

I believe it is an additional hardship for people to monetize their own youtube videos when they used to  do it through youtube which was much more intuitive and less trouble for the viewers. 

But these restrictions only apply to some animals,  not all. 

Yeah,  that thing needs to be beaten to death,  and then burned with fire. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 11:57:02 pm »

If you are going to make accusations,   then there really is no point in a real rebuttal.   

Lazy man's way of arguing.

:yawn2:
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2017, 12:10:08 am »
Unprincipled may be a stretch. The poster has principles; they're just entirely self-centered and with total disregard for anything else, including reality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2017, 12:11:46 am »

I've heard of Patreon,  and they are also censoring/refusing  conservatives.   

Well, the only one I have heard of is Lauren Southern, who is more alt right FWIW...

I am not hearing the same hue and cry.

So now we have us untermenschen sitting at the back of the bus while the cloud people can sit wherever they like?   

I believe it is an additional hardship for people to monetize their own youtube videos when they used to  do it through youtube which was much more intuitive and less trouble for the viewers. 

But these restrictions only apply to some animals,  not all. 

Yeah,  that thing needs to be beaten to death,  and then burned with fire.

Like I said, alternatives are out there, and like I said, businesses are going into the gap. Big tech is opening the very gaps that will bring them down of their own weight. If you think that censoring the content that 3/4ths of Americans prefer will not immediately bring competition, you're wrong.

Just like FOX did in their day...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:14:32 am by roamer_1 »