Author Topic: Bill Nelson, Rick Scott virtually tied in new Florida Senate poll  (Read 483 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Florida Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson and Republican Gov. Rick Scott are virtually tied in a hypothetical 2018 Senate race, according to a new University of North Florida poll.

Recent polls by the Florida Chamber of Commerce and by Florida Atlantic University have also shown a Nelson-Scott race too close to call. Scott, facing term limits as governor next year, hasn’t announced his 2018 plans but is widely expected to enter the Senate race.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national-govt--politics/bill-nelson-rick-scott-virtually-tied-new-florida-senate-poll/YVwnqJaHekuNTzPXiRrIjP/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Bill Nelson, Rick Scott virtually tied in new Florida Senate poll
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 03:08:38 pm »
Hypothetical polls are always junk. They are never the same as when candidates are announced and running.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:12:50 pm »
Yep.  Sure would be nice to get rid of Bill Nelson though.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »
Yep.  Sure would be nice to get rid of Bill Nelson though.

Agreed.  Hopefully, Scott will unseat him, but I'm not really familiar with the candidates that have declared that they will run for governor.  DeSantis is a potential and I hope he runs.  DEMS would like nothing more though than to turn FL liberal.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 08:15:02 pm »
We need Bill Nelson to be gone.  He is the last vestige of what used to be a solid lock of the Democrat South.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington