Author Topic: McConnell, McCain praise Flake after blistering anti-Trump retirement speech  (Read 1046 times)

Online corbe

McConnell, McCain praise Flake after blistering anti-Trump retirement speech

By Jonathan Easley - 10/24/17 03:55 PM EDT

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) praised Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) on the floor of the Senate Tuesday after Flake announced in a blistering speech that he would not seek reelection because of his frustration and alarm over President Trump's behavior.

“On behalf of myself and I think many of my colleagues, we've just witnessed a speech from a very fine man, a man who clearly brings high principles to the office every day and does what he believes is in the interest of Arizona and the country,” McConnell said.

The majority leader said he was grateful Flake would be around through 2018 because Republicans in the Senate “have big things to try to accomplish.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/356934-mcconnell-mccain-praise-flake-after-blistering-anti-trump-retirement-speech
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There is a lot of scorched earth this triad can conduct prior to a new Senate in Jan 2019.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

There is a lot of scorched earth this triad can conduct prior to a new Senate in Jan 2019.

Aren't they already doing that? obamacare didn't get repealed. Tax reform is turning into a similar mess. Nominees and judges are moving along at a snails pace.

The only thing I see happening is Pres. Trump is positioning himself to lay blame for the legislative failures at the feet of the Pub party.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

I thought after their recent meeting, Trump and McConnell are buddies now. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-lunch-meeting/index.html

Pffft!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Aren't they already doing that? obamacare didn't get repealed. Tax reform is turning into a similar mess. Nominees and judges are moving along at a snails pace.

The only thing I see happening is Pres. Trump is positioning himself to lay blame for the legislative failures at the feet of the Pub party.

Which is exactly where the blame should fall as I see it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

When you look at what Pres. Trump has accomplished on his own, without the help of congress, just think what could have been achieved if they had keep their promises and did their job.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When you look at what Pres. Trump has accomplished on his own, without the help of congress, just think what could have been achieved if they had keep their promises and did their job.

To see it that way, requires common sense, and primary interest with results, not never-ending-debates as ends in themselves.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bad move, Jeffy boy.  You just gave Kelli Ward a heckuva shot in the arm. She might be able to overcome the Chemtrails thing because of your sour grapes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online cato potatoe

All of the bluster from the past two years isn't amounting to jack squat.  Trump needed every vote, and he squandered his narrow majority by picking fights with the wrong people.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All of the bluster from the past two years isn't amounting to jack squat.  Trump needed every vote, and he squandered his narrow majority by picking fights with the wrong people.

Do you really think a sweeter attitude from Trump would have changed one critical McCain vote he knifed us with?  I don't.  Not his style.  Such is the way with RINOS like him:  Will always vote against you, right at the moment he's needed the most. 

He was cultivating his Jr. Senator from AZ, and with Flake falling away today, McCain's failure is complete.  Deeelish!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

Do you really think a sweeter attitude from Trump would have changed one critical McCain vote he knifed us with?  I don't.  Not his style.  Such is the way with RINOS like him:  Will always vote against you, right at the moment he's needed the most. 

He was cultivating his Jr. Senator from AZ, and with Flake falling away today, McCain's failure is complete.  Deeelish!

It was going to be tough pushing bills through the senate, but Trump made it personal, early & often.  McCain was a given after Trump attacked his service.  Flake and Corker were pushed over the edge and will no longer be accountable to the voters. As a result, Trump will spend his entire term as a lame duck president.

George W had a 50/50 senate and slimmer house majority, but he got his tax cut within a few months.  The key difference being his experience as governor and knowing how to deal with a coequal branch.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was going to be tough pushing bills through the senate, but Trump made it personal, early & often.  McCain was a given after Trump attacked his service.  Flake and Corker were pushed over the edge and will no longer be accountable to the voters. As a result, Trump will spend his entire term as a lame duck president.

George W had a 50/50 senate and slimmer house majority, but he got his tax cut within a few months.  The key difference being his experience as governor and knowing how to deal with a coequal branch.

Go ahead and think that, if you must.  Let's just say I know McCain better than you do.  Bush didn't get the tax cut we wanted in 2001, and wanna know who stopped him?  McCain.  It lead to a recall effort in AZ.

I guess it was the kind of thing one had to be here for.

McCain would have found a reason to knife us in the back, no matter what Trump would have said.  No matter what.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:42:04 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

McConnell, McCain.....

Have two finer men ever exist?

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's cute that you think he ever had a chance to get cooperation from the Deep State "Establishment".   

It's like that Obamacare repeal vote.   They just tell you they are on your side to fool you.  They never were on your side,  and they never were going to help. 

Once you realize that,  picking fights with them makes a lot of sense.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's cute that you think he ever had a chance to get cooperation from the Deep State "Establishment".   

It's like that Obamacare repeal vote.   They just tell you they are on your side to fool you.  They never were on your side,  and they never were going to help. 

Seems I've been arguing with you all day, and that right there is one of the best posts from the whole forum.  Huh.

:beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

If picking fights with them results in getting rid of the likes of Jeff Flake and Bob Corker I'm all fer it!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:24:31 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien