Author Topic: Sens. Lindsey Graham and Chuck Schumer 'Didn't Know' the U.S. Has 1,000 Troops in Niger  (Read 642 times)

Offline endicom

CNS News
Susan Jones
Oct. 23, 2017

(CNSNews.com) - "I didn't know there was 1,000 troops in Niger," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. Following Graham on the show, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said the same thing -- "No, I did not (know)," he told NBC's Chuck Todd.

>

"We don't know exactly where we're at in the world, militarily, and what we're doing. So, John McCain is going to try to create a new system to make sure that we can answer the question, why we were there. We'll know how many soldiers are there, and if somebody gets killed there, that we won't find out about it in the paper.

More... https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sens-lindsey-graham-and-chuck-schumer-didnt-know-us-has-1000-troops-niger

Offline endicom

Senators Develop Selective Amnesia About U.S. Troop Presence in Niger After Combat Deaths https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/senators-develop-selective-amnesia-us-troop-presence-niger-combat-deaths/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Frontpagemag article:
American Soldiers Died in Niger Because of Obama
Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical left and Islamic terrorism.

Congresswoman Frederica Wilson has come up with a new gimmick for getting invited on CNN. After exploiting the death of one soldier killed in an attack in Niger, she decided that if exploiting one soldier made her famous, exploiting the deaths of all the soldiers would make her even more famous.

Wilson has taken to calling the attack, “Mr. Trump’s Benghazi.” And she’s close. American soldiers died in Niger for the same reasons that Americans died in Benghazi. Both were fallout from the Arab Spring.

It wasn’t President Trump who deployed our soldiers to Niger. That was Obama’s doing.

Read more at: http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/268192/american-soldiers-died-niger-because-obama-daniel-greenfield

FPM can be excessive sometimes but this seems to have a ring of truth to it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Offline skeeter

Of course they were unaware. They're our boys, not their's.

Something needs to be done about the ruling class in this country.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess they slept through the briefings.

Not surprised.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

So, John McCain is going to try to create a new system...

I hope that "New System" involves all you lazy self important graft vacuums retiring and letting people who have their heads out of their asses taking your elected offices Crazy Johnny.

Offline mountaineer

I guess they slept through the briefings.

Not surprised.
Exactly. You know darn well they received info on such deployments. They were just too busy thinking about their next fundraiser or glass of scotch to pay attention.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online IsailedawayfromFR

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,287385.msg1492624.html#msg1492624
US senators have no excuse for their Niger ignorance
It's called being too old for the job in McCain's case.  In Graham's case, it is selective amnesia.  In Schumer's case, it is being dishonest.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington