Author Topic: Trump awards Vietnam veteran Gary Rose the Medal of Honor  (Read 602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump awards Vietnam veteran Gary Rose the Medal of Honor
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:45 pm »
Trump awards Vietnam veteran Gary Rose the Medal of Honor
by Gabby Morrongiello | Oct 23, 2017, 4:29 PM

President Trump on Monday awarded the congressional Medal of Honor to retired Army Capt. Gary "Mike" Rose, a medic who delivered care under fire to nearly 70 wounded soldiers during the Vietnam War.

"Mike did not stop to eat, to drink or even to care for his own injury as he saved his fellow soldiers," Trump recalled during an East Room ceremony with Rose, his family, and 10 members of his former unit.

Rose was injured in his back and legs during Operation Tailwind, a covert four-day mission in southeastern Laos in 1970.

"For many years, the story of Mike's heroism has gone untold, but today we gather to tell the world of his valor and present him with the highest military honor our country has to offer," Trump said. "This will enshrine him into the history of our nation."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-awards-vietnam-veteran-gary-rose-the-medal-of-honor/article/2638373

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/23/trump-present-medal-honor-vietnam-era-army-medic-gary-rose/790941001/
Trump presents Medal of Honor to Vietnam medic in secretive 'Operation Tailwind'
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump awards Vietnam veteran Gary Rose the Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »
It's about damned time!

Why doe the average American know FAR more about Kim Kardashian than men like Gary Rose?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 01:34:24 am »
Army Capt. Gary Rose, risked his life to save others in Vietnam War, awarded Medal of Honor
Fox News, Oct 23, 2017, Lucia I. Suarez Sang

<snip>

Those that served with him, however, never forgot the bravery he showed during a four-day mission, called “Operation Tailwind,” in the landlocked country in September 1970.

Rose, then a sergeant, ran through a hail of gunfire to treat more than 50 soldiers who were fighting the North Vietnamese Army – using one hand to hoist wounded men onto his back while he fired on the enemy with his other hand.

In spite of his own injuries, he didn’t sleep for days to make sure all 16 American soldiers deployed with him made it home.

They did.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/23/army-capt-gary-rose-risked-his-life-to-save-others-in-vietnam-war-to-get-medal-honor.html

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 02:02:04 am »
Great to see a medic get one. Those guys have heart and courage beyond my comprehension.

I've never been in combat, but I know I could do it win a rifle in my hand to fight back. But standing or leaning there, unprotected, a still target, with no weapons to fight back with, simply working out there on wounds with the intent to save lives of your fellow countrymen, while bullets are flying all around...simply amazing!

All i can say is I hope more medics get this ultimate award in the future - they overwhelmingly deserve it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 02:49:13 am »
Medics and corpsmen are truly lifesavers. They earn and deserve the highest recognition, period.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln