Author Topic: ICE to target employers who hire illegal immigrants  (Read 692 times)

Offline mrclose

ICE to target employers who hire illegal immigrants
« on: October 22, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »

About Time!  :shrug:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is prepared to criminally prosecute illegal immigrants in the workplace, as well as those employers who hire them.

"While we focus on the criminal prosecution of employers who knowingly hire illegal workers, under the current administration's enforcement priorities, workers encountered during these investigations who are unauthorized to remain in the United States are also subject to administrative arrest and removal from the country," ICE spokeswoman Danielle Bennett said in an email to the Washington Examiner.

This week, acting ICE Director Thomas Homan said his agency will increase workplace immigration enforcement effort four to five times the level current.

According to Bennett, that includes pursing more investigations and "conducting more I-9 audits."

An I-9 form is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization for someone to be hired to work in the U.S.

Data provided to the Washington Examiner shows that from Feb. 9, 2016, to June 24, 2017, ICE arrested 42 people in management and 55 people in non-management for criminal immigration violations, and all but 15 were indicted and convicted. The highest amount in the past few years was in fiscal 2011 under former President Barack Obama, when ICE arrested 221 people in management and 492 in non-management, for a total of 713 -- there has been a relative steady decline in the years following.

On ICE's website, it still has policy posted from 2013, which was revised and instituted in 2009 under Obama. That policy aims to target employers that use illegal immigrants as a business model, mistreat their workers, engaged in human smuggling or trafficking, commit identity and benefit fraud, launder money or engage in other criminal activity.

ICE to target employers who hire illegal immigrants
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: ICE to target employers who hire illegal immigrants
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:29:21 am »
Excellent!  Believe it or not, there are actually laws against doing that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:00:52 pm »
Should have happened long ago, but look for some left wing judge to try and stop it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »
Good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 04:14:38 pm »
I'll give credit to Trump for this.  This will hurt American businesses, and he usually does stuff that helps businesses at the expense of the American people.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 04:16:24 pm »
I'll give credit to Trump for this.  This will hurt American businesses, and he usually does stuff that helps businesses at the expense of the American people.

Businesses transfer the costs incurred by illegal aliens onto the tax-payers, so that becomes a bit of a circular argument, except that fewer costs benefit us all.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 04:21:45 pm »
Businesses transfer the costs incurred by illegal aliens onto the tax-payers, so that becomes a bit of a circular argument, except that fewer costs benefit us all.

Exactly.  This will benefit the American taxpayer, and will hurt American businesses in their attempts to compete with foreign businesses.  (TANSTAAFL!)  But there's no reason we should be making taxpayers subsidize American businesses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 04:26:08 pm »
Exactly.  This will benefit the American taxpayer, and will hurt American businesses in their attempts to compete with foreign businesses.  (TANSTAAFL!)  But there's no reason we should be making taxpayers subsidize American businesses.

I left the part out where I thought "most business also pay taxes".  But, we agree.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:56 pm »
I left the part out where I thought "most business also pay taxes".  But, we agree.

A business has exactly ONE source of revenue from which it can pay ANYTHING.  That source is it's sales receipts so who actually pays the taxes imposed on a business?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:32 pm »
A business has exactly ONE source of revenue from which it can pay ANYTHING.  That source is it's sales receipts so who actually pays the taxes imposed on a business?

Well, if it's a DBA or LLC, the people who own the business.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 04:54:09 pm »
Well, if it's a DBA or LLC, the people who own the business.

YES! Individual persons! 

Taxes on businesses, and ALL of the costs they impose outside the taxes themselves, can accrue to any one or any combination of only three places.

1. They get passed on to customers in the price of the product or service the business provides.

2. The reduce the wages and benefits of the workers employed by the business.

3. The reduce the ROI to the stakeholders of the business.

That's it! No exceptions!

Edit to add:  EVERYTHING a business has to pay out goes on the COSTS side of the ledger sheet and if you do not recover all of your costs and make a profit your business will eventually fail!~

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:57:43 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 04:58:11 pm »
Excellent news.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra