Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8232 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a subject that touches all of us, some much more deeply than others.
   Those of us that inject humour to early into these threads are not being consciously indifferent to the pain or the suffering, speaking only for myself, I work through this grief by not discussing it and trying to get others to think about other things...ie...Jack the Thread.

I apologize for my insensitivity to all those that were offended, it's a character flaw I am working on, with very little success.

I disagree. This topic has run it's course after 7 pages of what every thread here turns into. Trump bashing and people defending him. Injecting bullshit into this train wreck is about all it deserves to salvage it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   This is a subject that touches all of us, some much more deeply than others.
   Those of us that inject humour to early into these threads are not being consciously indifferent to the pain or the suffering, speaking only for myself, I work through this grief by not discussing it and trying to get others to think about other things...ie...Jack the Thread.

I apologize for my insensitivity to all those that were offended, it's a character flaw I am working on, with very little success.

Your post was removed before I could read it but I cannot imagine you being insensitive.  There are a lot of insensitive posts on this thread and I think that anyone hijacking it might be doing us all a favor.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

Ok, then, can we now get back to our regularly scheduled broadcast, Frank?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

I was a real spitfire back in the '30s!

Online corbe

My Money's on @CatherineofAragon, I had to read the book in high school.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

My Money's on @CatherineofAragon, I had to read the book in high school.

I know what book you were reading.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Fortunately he hasn't turned out as bad as I expected he would be.    But yes,   I thought we were getting a Democrat too,   just one that wasn't as bad as Hillary.   

I am surprised that he is actually pushing ideas that the conservative side of the nation wants.   

I don't care about the petty fights,  so long as we finally get some wins.    We are getting some wins.

I'm there too. And from the tactical persepective, though the petty fighting is ugly, it's useful. It keeps the media busy chasing their tail. Then one day while they're ranting about something else, Trump rewrites the rules of Obamacare to something more workable, or ends some other ridiculous regulations.

I can live with that.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

I know what book you were reading.

@Frank Cannon
@corbe

*Says nothing, smiles, and walks away*