Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8243 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

BULLSH*T

You want to morn your dead,  then morn your dead.  We will leave you in peace.    You want to launch an attack in a political war?  F*** you.   

Enemy combatant.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

You want to morn your dead,  then morn your dead.  We will leave you in peace.    You want to launch an attack in a political war?  F*** you.   

Enemy combatant.

WOW!  Perhaps I've really lost touch with Trump and his supporters.  Do most Trump supporters now view Gold Star widow, Myeshia Johnson, as an "enemy combatant"?  Will this assessment help the President increase the 46% of the electorate he won in 2016?  I'm stunned by this.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Really genius? And you know this how?

Getting a Democrat Congresswoman to listen in on your personal phone call from the President to offer his condolences ought to be a clue.   

One does not do such a thing unless one has some nasty nefarious intent in mind.   

Seriously some people should refrain from this particular topic.

I cannot fathom why anyone sees fit to discuss it.    The World is burning down around us and we are giving far more oxygen to this bit of political grandstanding than it deserves.   

North Korean Nukes.  Las Vegas Shooting.   Attempted Islamic attack in Florida.  Real Islam attacks in Europe.   Russia-Hillary-Uranium-media-blackout-scandal,  Iranian officers now commanding Syrian Troops,  and so forth.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Fantom

Enemy combatant.

Yep, seem there were three other dead in that attack. Yet only one had a problem with ..."The Phone Call".

Wonder who the racist is... the President... or one certain wife/Democrat Congressman?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

WOW!  Perhaps I've really lost touch with Trump and his supporters.  Do most Trump supporters now view Gold Star widow, Myeshia Johnson, as an "enemy combatant"?  Will this assessment help the President increase the 46% of the electorate he won in 2016?  I'm stunned by this.

I wasn't a Trump supporter,  I was a Cruz supporter,  and do not doubt it that this naive woman would have been manipulated into doing the exact same thing to Cruz.   

So far as how it benefits the politics,  I don't give a D@mn.   Sometimes you have to do something because it's the right thing to do,  not because it has a political benefit to it.   

People who have lost family members in the service should be given respect,  until they do something to warrant the removal of that respect,   like standing on the back of her dead husband to score political points. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yep, seem there were three other dead in that attack. Yet only one had a problem with ..."The Phone Call".

You don't know that. 

Wonder who the racist is... the President... or one certain wife/Democrat Congressman?

The Congresswoman may well be a racist.  Leave the widow alone for now.  This is just sick.

Offline Fantom

I wasn't a Trump supporter,  I was a Cruz supporter,  and do not doubt it that this naive woman would have been manipulated into doing the exact same thing to Cruz.   

So far as how it benefits the politics,  I don't give a D@mn.   Sometimes you have to do something because it's the right thing to do,  not because it has a political benefit to it.   

People who have lost family members in the service should be given respect,  until they do something to warrant the removal of that respect,   like standing on the back of her dead husband to score political points.

:amen:  This Cruz man myself.... applauds and supports this post!!!!  888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

You don't know that. 

The Congresswoman may well be a racist.  Leave the widow alone for now.  This is just sick.

Have they spoken?  Then I know only one has. The Rodeo Clown is a racist bigot. The widow is the same...... actions/the people who's company you keep ....when they tell you who they are... believe them.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

My best friend in high school was black.   I was best man at his wedding,  and I am the Godfather of his son. 

We had similar interests and we enjoyed each others company,   but one of his most irritating characteristics was his tendency to see racism in everything.   He literally analyzed every single encounter he had in public so he could strain something racist out of it.   

If we ate at a restaurant and the waitress asked me first what I wanted to eat,  he would go "Ah Ha!  Racism!   If she wasn't racist,  she would have asked *ME* first!"    If she served him his food after mine,   "Ah Ha! Racism!"   

He was obsessed with it.   He constantly read books about race,  racism,  racial relations,  and the civil war.    I learned to avoid bringing up any topic that would end up being another conversation about racism.   

I've met other people that also had this obsession,   and I think they are rather more common that most people realize. 

This Congresswoman I suspect is one of those that sees "RACISM!"  in everything,  and there is no accommodating her.   I think she influenced this foolish young wife and convinced her that she has to fight back against the perceived "RACISM!"   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Concerned

Still.....proclaiming a Gold Star widow who simply thought the CIC disrespected her is now an "enemy combatant", who doesn't deserve Geneva Convention status, seems particularly harsh to me.  Hopefully, you are in the minority of current Trump supporters.  Regardless, I doubt this type of rhetoric will increase his 46%.

Offline Fantom

Still.....proclaiming a Gold Star widow who simply thought the CIC disrespected her is now an "enemy combatant", who doesn't deserve Geneva Convention status, seems particularly harsh to me.  Hopefully, you are in the minority of current Trump supporters.  Regardless, I doubt this type of rhetoric will increase his 46%.

Well, take a knee then.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Concerned

Well, take a knee then.

I'll never take a knee during the National Anthem, but I'll continue to voice my approval and disapproval of my Government.  If voicing my disapproval, deems me an "enemy combatant" and a drone suddenly appears and blows me away, well, I had a good run, and will hopefully die an American Patriot, despite the label placed on me by some.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:54:45 am by Concerned »

Offline Fantom

My best friend in high school was black.   I was best man at his wedding,  and I am the Godfather of his son. 

We had similar interests and we enjoyed each others company,   but one of his most irritating characteristics was his tendency to see racism in everything.   He literally analyzed every single encounter he had in public so he could strain something racist out of it.   

If we ate at a restaurant and the waitress asked me first what I wanted to eat,  he would go "Ah Ha!  Racism!   If she wasn't racist,  she would have asked *ME* first!"    If she served him his food after mine,   "Ah Ha! Racism!"   

He was obsessed with it.   He constantly read books about race,  racism,  racial relations,  and the civil war.    I learned to avoid bringing up any topic that would end up being another conversation about racism.   

I've met other people that also had this obsession,   and I think they are rather more common that most people realize. 

This Congresswoman I suspect is one of those that sees "RACISM!"  in everything,  and there is no accommodating her.   I think she influenced this foolish young wife and convinced her that she has to fight back against the perceived "RACISM!"

Funny thing, here in deep racist/deplorable Oklahoma, I was eating at a catfish joint, about as rednek as one could get. The waitress asked my order, without looking up from the menu I ordered. When I looked up, she was a young black/white mix.

Talk about cognitive dissonance, she spoke perfect redneck, acted perfect redneck. Obviously raised with my people.

And that is the problem with Rodeo Clown and wife. Their hatred keeps us from living together.... they are the racist bigoted ones.. not President Trump, who are pissing on the Honor of a fallen Green Barret.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:56:03 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Enemy combatant.

You have neither the class nor the mental capability to NOT find a way to turn a situation into a political farce.

You need to go join that church in Kansas that protests funerals of fallen soldiers.

You both have a lot of common ground.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:02:44 am by mystery-ak »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'll never take a knee during the National Anthem, but I'll continue to voice my approval and disapproval of my Government.  If voicing my disapproval, deems me an "enemy combatant" and a drone suddenly appears and blows me away, well, I had a good run, and will hopefully die an American Patriot, despite the label placed on me by some.

Amen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Fantom

Likely your hyperbola will swing you out of contextual orbit, well before you need worry 'Bout any drones taking you down.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Concerned there are ones here that certainly treat her as that.

As well as anyone who doesn't agree with the classless way Trump has handled it.

Most of the people cheering on Trump's mud slinging haven't had to be part of a ramp ceremony down range...delivered a eulogy for one of their soldiers that died or handed off a flag to a grieving widow "on behalf of a grateful Nation"

Like their Liberal counterparts they don't want to ever let a crisis go to waste

Offline DiogenesLamp

You have neither the class nor the mental capability to NOT find a way to turn a situation into a political farce.

It was already a political farce before I showed up.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Very interesting.  I think your close friend was far from alone in this.

Sadly, I think the majority of Blacks think race first before they think anything else.

This doesn't seem to be true of any other so-called minorities which is so odd because Blacks have been here forever.

I cannot figure out why they haven't assimilated better.  They should be mainstream by now.

Okay, racial prejudice did last far too long; I remember it well.  That's probably the reason.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

@Concerned
As well as anyone who doesn't agree with the classless way Trump has handled it.

Well, that would also include General Kelly.  In the classless dept according to you.

And then those who would align with the Rodeo Clown.... on the opposition side.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:08:41 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

Very interesting.  I think your close friend was far from alone in this.

Sadly, I think the majority of Blacks think race first before they think anything else.

This doesn't seem to be true of any other so-called minorities which is so odd because Blacks have been here forever.

I cannot figure out why they haven't assimilated better.  They should be mainstream by now.

Okay, racial prejudice did last far too long; I remember it well.  That's probably the reason.

Well he was from Baltimore,  and so I think that had something to do with it.   If you are surrounded by people who see racism in everything,  you will probably start seeing racism in everything as well. 

It is far more desirable to believe that other people are holding you down rather than you are holding you down. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Well, that would also include General Kelly.  In the classless dept according to you.

And Brigadier General Anthony Tata as well. 

Brigadier General: We’re Allowing Frederica Wilson To Stand On Backs Of Dead Soldiers

Brigadier Gen. Anthony Tata asked why the media is allowing Florida Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson to “stand on the backs of four dead soldiers” during a Monday segment on CNN’s “New Day.”

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/10/23/brigadier-general-were-allowing-frederica-wilson-to-stand-on-backs-of-dead-soldiers-video/

And then those who would align with the Rodeo Clown.... on the opposition side.

She is the one who started the classless exploitation of a service members' death. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline goodwithagun

@mystery-ak  Time for a breather to let cooler heads prevail?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

corbe I removed your post as this is a serious topic and it's not to be highjacked.

@mystery-ak

Going to remove the one I just made...

m

Online corbe

This is a subject that touches all of us, some much more deeply than others.
   Those of us that inject humour to early into these threads are not being consciously indifferent to the pain or the suffering, speaking only for myself, I work through this grief by not discussing it and trying to get others to think about other things...ie...Jack the Thread.

I apologize for my insensitivity to all those that were offended, it's a character flaw I am working on, with very little success.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.