Author Topic: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative  (Read 22585 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:49 pm »
Discrimination is an absolutely essential survival tool!  Everyone does it because they must in order to survive on this planet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2017, 10:25:45 pm »
Mine was igneous petrology.  Makes me sleepy to even think about it.
Structural Geology. Slept through the second (of 4) exams. Got enough on the pages that the other three and the field project pulled me up to a B, but ruined my A in the class, and cost me a cum laude (by 0.05 GPA)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2017, 10:31:34 pm »
That was an exceptional post... and very true, generally (not piling on, but the point is right)

Well thank you.   I've been arguing this topic for awhile,  and i've noticed that a lot of people think their ideas are universal,  when they are in fact a byproduct of the culture in which they were raised,  which is itself a byproduct of Judeo-Christian foundations in morality and law. 

But we are just running on inertia now.   The places of worship are getting more sparsely attended,  and without constant replenishment,  the teachings that make us civilized will become more and more forgotten with each year's birth of new  children. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:21 pm »
BRAVO! ! !

:da man:

I'm glad you liked it.   I just hope the point embodied in my post causes some revaluation of some ideas. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2017, 11:13:36 pm »

Well thank you.   I've been arguing this topic for awhile,  and i've noticed that a lot of people think their ideas are universal,  when they are in fact a byproduct of the culture in which they were raised,  which is itself a byproduct of Judeo-Christian foundations in morality and law. 

I see the very same thing, and that is why you will more likely see me defending the Judeo-Christian Ethic than Christianity itself, in terms of civil matters, politics, and jurisprudence

But we are just running on inertia now.   The places of worship are getting more sparsely attended,  and without constant replenishment,  the teachings that make us civilized will become more and more forgotten with each year's birth of new  children.

I will recognize your point, but I will hold out hope for repentance. This Mil-Gen is a strange generation, steeped in liberalism and indoctrinated in secular humanism through every means, to include schools, media, and popular culture. They're bloody swimmin in it.

And yes, the churches are suffering diminishing returns - but that is their own fault, largely, because far and away, they are not preaching the Word. They pick a verse or two, and punch out 40 minutes of psychology and feel-goodism, and then off to coffee fellowship and gossip... And that, sorry to say, is not a church.

I would point to churches that DO preach the Word - They are young and vibrant and growing in leaps... And I don't know how anyone can really be keeping track of that - So many are congregational and don't keep membership roles... And there are many like me, who remain unaffiliated. I am much happier in house-churches, and that is another hard to measure quantity (and it's big). But I digress.

Those mil-gen kids - They're sick of this plastic banana bullcrap. Sick of it in politics, sick of it in religion, sick of it everywhere. Many, many are heading to the country to find something real. I see it all the time, because I am the sort they seek out. There is great hope in that.

Many will go the hard way around, but that will bring them home, if they can survive it... And they'll look to their friends who went off to find the real thing and come asking of it...

This generation just might wind up more conservative and more federalist/civil-libertarian than not.
Revival may be closer than you think.

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2017, 11:24:42 pm »

We do tend to forget the Christian heritage which forms our accepted norms and laws of today.

I point out the news that China is clamping down hard right now on the 80 million Christians, most of which have exploded onto the scene since the start of Communism.  Why do that now?  Because Mao's teachings are incompatible with Christianity, similarly for Islam's intolerance of Christianity.

It is amusing you caught the poster using Christian-origin principles which he used in defending non-Christian concepts like homosexuals
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #306 on: October 26, 2017, 11:31:13 pm »

I'm glad you liked it.   I just hope the point embodied in my post causes some revaluation of some ideas.

It actually goes back MUCH further than the founding of America!  It finds its roots in the Magna Carta!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #307 on: October 26, 2017, 11:53:13 pm »

Not that I can tell.   It doesn't address the point about the differences in the legal foundations between Islamic countries and Christian Countries.    I'm trying to make you aware of the fact  that many of the things you take for granted as "normal', "moral",  and "proper",  are the consequences of the society being based on Christian ideas.    You think these ideas are secular.  They are not.  They were the byproduct of Christian principles put forth in the laws and culture of this nation. 

In the Islamic faith,  executing homosexuals is not "murder",  It is lawful killing.   

Says who?   What I am trying to get at here is that you keep applying specifically Christian principles,  and claiming they are of general interest to the law,  and you don't even realize you are doing it.   

You have been so immersed in the culture of a nation that is still running on the inertia of it's Christian foundation,  that you just assume your preferences are normal and universal.   

They aren't.    Other cultures don't look at things the same way Christian cultures do.   They don't care about bigotry.  They don't care about murdering homosexuals.   They don't care about equality between the sexes.   They don't care about "tolerance." 

You are advocating specifically Christian ideas,  and you don't even realize you are doing it.

Excellent, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!!!!

That is exactly what he is doing.

Christianity is so engrained in the fabric of this nation, that the anti-Christians touting un-Christian values, don't even realize that the concepts underneath their concerns are there because of Christian principles (now distorted).

THANK you, for this post, @DiogenesLamp
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:51 am »
As to the mystery of what you're getting at,  according to Wikipedia:

It has occasionally been argued that in Torcaso v. Watkins the Supreme Court "found" secular humanism to be a religion. This assertion is based on a reference, by Justice Black in footnote number 11 of the Court's finding, to court cases where organized groups of self-identified humanists, or ethicists, meeting on a regular basis to share and celebrate their beliefs, have been granted religious-based tax exemptions.

That's called dicta.

Whoa, wait just a darn minute here.  Earlier, you said that whatever the Supreme Court says is law.  Are you now backing down from that?  And how can you consider a letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote to be a basis of law, but not the words of a Supreme Court Justice?  Gee, it didn't take you long at all to move those goal posts.

And then of course there is Friendship of Humanity v. Alameda County.  In that case, the Supreme Court affirmed the Humanists' right as a religion for a religious tax exemption.  But I don't expect any of those facts to deter you from your blatant hypocrisy.  Basically, you write the rules as you go.  Supreme Court edicts are law only when they support your outlook on how this country should be run, while ignoring all those that side against you.

But hey, what can be expected of someone who still brings up a losing case like Everson as proof that the First Amendment really says that secular humanism is the only allowable court-endorsed religion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2017, 01:11:15 am »
I do not believe that.   

Nevertheless, it is so.  But why the gracelessness?

I have no doubt that you recognize the roots.   What I am trying to get you to do is recognize the branches.    They are all around you,  and you don't realize it.   What you regard as "of general application to the law",   is often Christian principles that you don't recognize as such because they have always been around you.   

"Equality" and "Tolerance"  are some "branches"  of those Christian roots you mentioned.

Fine, agreed, but what's your point regarding the Establishment Clause?   You may pat yourself on the back about Christian virtues of tolerance and equality,  but the Establishment Clause isn't about such things, at least not directly.   The government cannot entangle itself with religion because religion is inherently tribal, and hence prone to being repressive and tyrannical.   The Founders knew it,  they explicitly said so, and we all know it today as sect slaughters sect in the Middle East.   

The government cannot entangle itself with religion because its job is to guarantee the free exercise of religion.   

Who gets to decide what laws are of "general application"?   For example,   why should bigotry be illegal? 
Why is it the government's job to force people to like each other? 

Laws are made by the peoples' elected representatives, checked by the Constitution's protections of individual liberty and autonomy.  The system works well enough.  Christians can worship the way they please,  and if they live up to such virtues as tolerance and equality, maybe they'd even bake cakes for their neighbors.   

Why not?  We used to do it in this country back in the 18th century.   We locked them up until the 1960s.   We did it for reasons  of "general application to the law." 

Yeah, I know, Christian values.  Laws change, God be praised.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2017, 01:20:24 am »
Nevertheless, it is so.  But why the gracelessness?

Because we love you so.  We're a whole damned forum of graceless, classless people who actually don't like you very much.  Just Sayin. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2017, 01:58:20 am »
Christians can worship the way they please,  and if they live up to such virtues as tolerance and equality, maybe they'd even bake cakes for their neighbors.

Where is that bullshit written in the Constitution????

Where in scripture is it commanded that evil must be equal with everything else and that Christians are to be tolerant of abomination???

Because this is what you always demand.

I can promise you I will NOT ever be "tolerant" of evil, or people pushing evil or people who advocate the use of the courts and government to impose evil.

Such people are to be resisted and defied at every turn they attempt to make.   

Forcing people to bake cakes for sexual perverts is a primary example of what must, and will be resisted and defied.

Yeah, I know, Christian values.  Laws change, God be praised.

God's Laws do not change.  He changes not.

It's those whom pervert all things good, that demand change towards evil.

And that would be people who advocate what you advocate on this board each and every day - despite the bullshit attempts you continue to make that insists you are what you are not.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:59:34 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2017, 02:43:06 am »
Bigun wrote:
"Discrimination is an absolutely essential survival tool!  Everyone does it because they must in order to survive on this planet!"

Yes it is. Of course.
Thanks for having the courage to say that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2017, 02:57:52 am »
Again, DL,  read if you can the history cited in the Everson opinion.   The whole point of the Establishment Clause was to avoid the Christian bias inherent in those state constitutions.   For purposes of Federal law, there was to be NO religious tests for office and there could be NO law respecting the establishment of religion.   

To fully guarantee religious freedom, the state's authority to exercise religious tyranny was to be prohibited.  No endorsement,  no favoritism, no subsidization of religion.   

Again, what boggles me is why this isn't universally hailed as a good thing.  Why the hell do conservatives want the state entangled with religion?   And, just as crucial, why the hell do religious conservatives want religion entangled with the state?

By Douglas V. Gibbs

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." --John Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

A liberal commenter left the following: "Can you point out one place in the bible (any version is okay) where it describes anything remotely similar to a democracy in government? I thought not. How about the Constitution. Anything about god or Jesus in there? Nope.. not a word. Nor do you even describe what "Biblical principles" made it into the Constitution. How about just one? Just one principle that went from the Bible to the Constitution."

"Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian." - United States Supreme Court, 1892.

The United States of America is not a democracy, so for the commenter to state such shows the ignorance of this obviously poorly educated individual. Nonetheless, I get what the poor soul is asking, and so that this person has the opportunity to learn, I have decided to address the topic of God in the Constitution, and how the Constitution was inspired by Biblical principles.

Biblically speaking, there is no reference to democracies and republics. But when one speaks of the Constitution being based on Biblical principles, that is not what is meant. Democracies and republics are not Biblical principles, but instead styles of governance. The principles being referred to that are in the U.S. Constitution are how our laws were inspired by the moral principles of the Ten Commandments, and how the Blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity (principles of freedom) were inspired by the biblical principles of free will, individualism, personal responsibility, moral conduct, and so forth.

George Mason was one of the Founding Fathers that insisted on the Bill of Rights, or the first ten amendments, to be added to the Constitution, saying regarding his decision that, "The laws of nature are the laws of God, whose authority can be superseded by no power on earth."

Even Benjamin Franklin, the lone member of the group of founders that claimed to be anything but religious, attended every kind of Christian worship, called for public prayer, and contributed to all denominations. In fact, when the Constitutional Convention was finding itself stalling, and the members of the convention were arguing to the point that it was nearly coming to blows, Ben Franklin was the one that proposed that the delegation pray before each session of the Constitutional Convention.

In his request, Franklin stated, "I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth - that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?"

All of the Founding Fathers recognized the providence that must have guided them through the war against the British Empire. They also recognized another truth. Our rights are God-given, and there must be a God for that to be the case. By our rights being God-given, it means that our rights existed prior to the existence of any government. By our rights being God-given, only God can take them away. If God does not exist, then that would mean that our rights are government-given, in which case the government would also have the allowance of taking our rights away

With those rights comes responsibility, and the necessity to act in a moral manner. Government, however, historically speaking, has a tendency of growing, and when government becomes bigger, the government seeks to diminish such rights. Such a tyranny encroaches on freedom, a concept based on the biblical principle of free will, and a concept the founding fathers found to be among the most important principles of the U.S. Constitution.

The very fact that humanity has the choice to accept Christ as one's Savior, or to reject him, is an example of the God-given principle of free will. In 2 Timothy 3:16,17 -- The Scriptures instruct us in righteousness, providing us to every good work. Yet we must apply the Word properly, study diligently, and pray for wisdom (2 Timothy 2:15; James 1:5-7). We must learn to discern good and evil (Hebrews 5:14). By being given the opportunity to discern what is right and wrong, we are given the free will to obey or disobey. The ability to make such a decision came with the consumption of the fruit from the tree of knowledge. A constant battle between our sinful flesh and spiritual nature exists, and we have the free will to follow one, or the other.

The basic foundation of our morals is the Ten Commandments, and the Founding Fathers drew from the Ten Commandments the basic principles that would govern our system of laws, and courts.

Understand that this is not to say that our system of governance was founded upon religion. The dangers of the organizational aspects of religion were all too familiar to the Founding Fathers. Religion joining with the State under the lustful control of men was what they had just fought against. This is why in the 1st Amendment the Founding Fathers were careful to ensure that Congress would not be given the authority to establish a religion.

Though the founders disapproved of the man-made concept of religion, this is not to say they were not Godly men, they desired that Biblical principles resonate throughout the text of the U.S. Constitution.

In fact, Patrick Henry said it best when he said: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded assylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here."

Freedom of religion meant that the federal government could not interfere with one's worship whatsoever, unless of course such worship opposed the laws of the nation (as in the case of Mormonism, and the practice of polygamy). Even then, the federal government was not able to force Mormonism to let go of the practice of polygamy, but instead offered statehood for Utah in exchange for the Mormon Church abandoning the unapproved of practice.

The Constitution supports the Biblical Principle of personal responsibility. In today's society too often an individual or group of people will deny responsibility for their actions. These people will claim that they are somehow victims, that their actions are the fault of their status, or race, or upbringing. As a result, with progressive styles of governance, such a person who uses the denial of personal responsibility uses government to force the costs of their irresponsibility on to those of us who are responsible. Drug abusers that refuse to reform, and welfare abusers who survive by manipulating and exploiting the system, are a couple examples of people who cost us more by denying any and all personal responsibility for their own health or well being.

By creating a smaller, limited government through the limiting principles of the U.S. Constitution, the Founding Fathers were telling us that it is not the government's responsibility to take care of us, or protect us from ourselves. As Thomas Jefferson famously said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson believed in the merits of hard work and the belief that we are the ones that are most responsible for our own lives and not a government forcing others to take responsibility for us.

The Bible teaches that “the soul that sins shall die” for his or her own sin (Jeremiah 31.30, Ezekiel 18.17,19 etc.). “The son shall not die for the sins of his father!” This means no one can justly compel one to suffer or die for the sins of the other, especially without his or her consent. The Founders also placed that principle in the Constitution, though today's liberal has resurrected the big government practice by forcing taxpayers to pay for the failures of those that demand entitlements.

Biblical teachings also teach, in regards to the principle of personal responsibility, that we should measure carefully (Ephesians 5:15 - Careful, deliberate choices about our lives are important), have moral courage (Joshua 1:9 - It takes the highest kind of courage to do what is right), every action in our lives counts (Ecclesiastes 12:13,14 - Each choice we make becomes a part of our character), we should be committed instead of simply "giving it a try" (Luke 9:62 - Are we willing to make and keep real commitments to God?), love what is right (James 1:25-27 - Truly loving good requires doing good, as well as hating evil), understanding the difference between "Want To" and "Ought To" (1 Peter 3:15 - We do God's will because it is right), Joseph: The Secret of His Success, being responsible enough to succeed (Genesis 39:1,2 - This admirable man acted on principle, not impulse). . . all of these being lessons in personal responsibility, moral conduct, and individualism - principles also put forth in the U.S. Constitution.

Of course, the most convincing argument is of the Founders themselves.

George Washington said, "While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian." --The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-3

John Adams said, "Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be." --Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

Adams also wrote: "The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever." --Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

Thomas Jefferson said, "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event." --Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

John Hancock said, "Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us." --History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

There is no doubt that the founding of this nation was based on the principles of law, freedom, individualism, personal responsibility, and moral conduct - all of which were inspired by Biblical text, and the personal relationship the Founders had with Jesus Christ.

http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com/2010/08/us-constitution-and-biblical-principles.html

Modified to add emphasis on the bolded section.

-Chosen
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:10:18 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2017, 03:22:31 am »
A good read, @Chosen Daughter, thank you very much. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2017, 03:35:45 am »
A good read, @Chosen Daughter, thank you very much.

your welcome.

I really liked it too.  Especially the part that I bolded about government not giving our freedom.  These are God given rights.  If the government gives it they can surely take it away.  We are already in the progress of our government limiting our freedoms.

Like with the cases against bakeries that don't want to participate in gay marriage.  Our God given rights are being taken every day.  Our ability to think and even speak our minds on morals.  We have already pretty much handed over our freedoms with that fake wall.   Allowed the government to misinterpret what was given to us by our Founding Fathers.  Freedom from man made constrict that devalue our existence as a free society.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2017, 03:38:44 am »
your welcome.

I really liked it too.  Especially the part that I bolded about government not giving our freedom.  These are God given rights.  If the government gives it they can surely take it away.  We are already in the progress of our government limiting our freedoms.

Like with the cases against bakeries that don't want to participate in gay marriage.  Our God given rights are being taken every day.  Our ability to think and even speak our minds on morals.  We have already pretty much handed over our freedoms with that fake wall.   Allowed the government to misinterpret what was given to us by our Founding Fathers.  Freedom from man made constrict that devalue our existence as a free society.

Our rights were given by God, and they can only be taken away by God.  These puny humans can only think they can do it.  They can merely try.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2017, 03:58:17 am »
Our rights were given by God, and they can only be taken away by God.  These puny humans can only think they can do it.  They can merely try.

Makes me think of they saying...... They can kill my body but not my soul.

Truth is that Jesus told us that since they hated him they will hate us too.  Evil is the absence of God.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2017, 04:37:44 am »
Makes me think of they saying...... They can kill my body but not my soul.

Truth is that Jesus told us that since they hated him they will hate us too.  Evil is the absence of God.
Just as sure as darkness is the absence of The Light.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2017, 04:56:57 am »
Just as sure as darkness is the absence of The Light.

Amen

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2017, 12:13:57 pm »

Truth is that Jesus told us that since they hated him they will hate us too. 

A bit self-satisfied and presumptuous, that.   

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
Everyone else gives a warm Amen to what was said, but for some reason you do not.

We must ponder why.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »

Aren't you one of the fellows who says you love Christ but hate Christians?  That's kind of a red flag to many of us....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2017, 01:54:11 pm »
Aren't you one of the fellows who says you love Christ but hate Christians?  That's kind of a red flag to many of us....

I don't "hate" anyone, CL.   But, yeah, I'm sick and tired of INVAR's schtick, where he justifies persecution and violence in the name of Christ.   Folks like him are why I left the church.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:55:58 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:23 pm »
I don't "hate" anyone, CL.   But, yeah, I'm sick and tired of INVAR's schtick, where he justifies persecution and violence in the name of Christ.   Folks like him are why I left the church.   
Then I have you confused with someone....
I will NOT comply.