Author Topic: Nuclear Bombers Poised to Return to 24-Hour Alert After Trump Recalls Retired Pilots  (Read 431 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The U.S. Air Force is preparing for nuclear armed B-52 bombers to be put back on 24-hour alert for the first time in 25 years as tensions rise between North Korea and President Donald Trump.

“I look at it more as not planning for any specific event, but more for the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in and how we ensure we’re prepared going forward,” General David Goldfein, Air Force chief of staff, told Defense One in an interview Sunday.

While the order to have the bombers on alert hasn’t been given by the heads of U.S. Strategic Command or U.S. Northern Command, Gen. Goldfein—a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff—said that in the current political climate the Air Force anticipates that it might come. “This is yet one more step in ensuring that we’re prepared,” he said of the preparations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nuclear-bombers-poised-return-24-094741230.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

It's been more than a quarter-century since we've been in that mode, I think!

Open yer wallets, guys...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It's been more than a quarter-century since we've been in that mode, I think!

Open yer wallets, guys...

Bush 41 ended it in 1991.  After the fall of the Berlin Wall and Soviet Union breakup, it wasn’t deemed necessary.  Nobody foresaw Clinton being elected, selling China missile tech, giving NK the ability to produce fissile material, and handing Iran nuclear warhead plans.  We may never truly know the full extent of the damage that SOB did to national security.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's going to be interesting to see how successfully this goes with a 60 year old bomber as the back bone of our bomber fleet and the Air Force stretched to the breaking point and bleeding skilled pilots right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!