Author Topic: Benjamin Rush (Signer of the Declaration of Independence)  (Read 470 times)

rangerrebew

Benjamin Rush (Signer of the Declaration of Independence)
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:42:36 am »
Benjamin Rush

1745-1813

Representing Pennsylvania at the Continental Congress

Born:   December 24, 1745
Birthplace:   Byberry, Pennsylvania.
Education:   B.A. at the College of New Jersey (now Princeton), M.D. at the University of Edinburgh (Physician)
Work:   Physician, Professor of Chemistry at the College of Philadelphia, 1769; Writer, Member of the Sons of Liberty in Philadelphia, 1773...; Elected to Pennsylvania provincial conference, Elected to Continental Congress, 1776; Appointed Surgeon-general to the armies of the middle department (of the Continental Army), 1777; Instructor, Physician, University of the State of Pennsylvania, 1778...; Treasurer of the U.S. Mint, 1779-1813; Professor of medical theory and clinical practice, University of Pennsylvania, 1791-1813
Died:   April 19, 1813

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/rush.html

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Benjamin Rush (Signer of the Declaration of Independence)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:46:33 am »
I like one of his sayings..... I am neither (Republican or Democrat), I am a Christocrat....

Or it was close to that (as my memory serves, too lazy to search the quote)....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....