Author Topic: In Saudi, Tillerson Demands Iranian Militias Leave Iraq  (Read 331 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In Saudi, Tillerson Demands Iranian Militias Leave Iraq
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:33:59 am »
In Saudi, Tillerson Demands Iranian Militias Leave Iraq
by Naharnet Newsdesk

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Sunday demanded that Iranian "militias" leave Iraq at a press conference in Riyadh, where the U.S. diplomat is holding talks with top Gulf officials.

"Certainly Iranian militias that are in Iraq, now that the fighting against (the Islamic State group) is coming to a close, those militias need to go home," Tillerson said at a press conference in Riyadh.

"All foreign fighters need to go home."

Read more at: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/237127-in-saudi-tillerson-demands-iranian-militias-leave-iraq

:nothappen:

This does not seem like real foreign policy, are we going to go over there and try to kick them out? Perhaps it would be best to keep quiet but airing the stance may not be too bad.  I say we will see conflict continue there, even if it is not with ISIS or perhaps, not even with other terrorists like Al Qaeda.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: In Saudi, Tillerson Demands Iranian Militias Leave Iraq
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:38:43 am »
At least the root of the problems might have been identified.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien