Author Topic: Incredible drone footage shows five of the eight Mexican border wall prototypes completed as construction is underway for remaining three in a bid to fulfill Trump's great campaign pledge  (Read 3212 times)

Offline bolobaby

There are three factors here:

Effectiveness, which includes getting it built (because no fence at all doesn't stop much of anything).

Cost (Even though some expensive options will save more money over time than their original outlay).

Speed of emplacement, because the current political environment will inevitably change.

This is why a proper border fence would be achievable WELL before they could halt construction with a new administration.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ah. Crap. Score one for the hyperventilating Trumpettes.

You realize the title of the article, including the word "Incredible" was written by reporters with the Daily Mail/UK and their political slant is anything other than pro-Trump, don't you?

If not, you need to catch up.  And quickly.

Offline bolobaby

You realize the title of the article, including the word "Incredible" was written by reporters with the Daily Mail/UK and their political slant is anything other than pro-Trump, don't you?

If not, you need to catch up.  And quickly.

Oh, shit. You didn't put me on ignore.

Damn. I had high hopes.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More razorwire on that fence - something we'll never see on ANY of our proposals because we wouldn't want the illegals getting a nasty cut when they are easily bypassing the sh!t we DO decide to spend billions on.

I can't believe the rampant stupidity surrounding this whole "wall" movement.
After the whole "virtual wall" virtually stopped a million or more people from crossing an invisible line in the sand, yeah, I can believe just about any boundless idiocy.

Put up a credible physical barrier that can be patrolled, but will be effective. Hungary did, and the border crossers in that area went from ~4500/day to an average of 15.

That, to me, ends the argument about effectiveness, even though we have a different situation. The basic problem is the same.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

Is Mexico going to pay for it?

Not if the democrats and gope...opps I repete meself. scum like McStain can stop it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

They could at least incorporate solar panels on the side and give Mexico a bunch of free energy.

Offline Smokin Joe

They could at least incorporate solar panels on the side and give Mexico a bunch of free energy.
Use it to electrify the tup wires...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

Isn't that what I said?
Naw, I thought you were going to set them up with electricity to run the power tools to cut through :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

1. Trump is never wrong.