Author Topic: Alan Dershowitz: NFL players don't have a constitutional right to kneel during national anthem  (Read 714 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alan Dershowitz: NFL players don't have a constitutional right to kneel during national anthem
by Naomi Lim | Oct 22, 2017, 2:37 PM

Famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz said Sunday that NFL players do not have a constitutional right to refuse to stand during the national anthem.

"The players are entitled to kneel if the owners allow them to," Dershowitz told John Catsimatidis on New York's 970 AM radio station. "Now the owners could say 'no' because the players don't have a First Amendment right in relation to the owners. They only have a First Amendment right in relation to the government."

Although he disagreed with their demonstrations, Dershowitz said the First Amendment was "working well" in the context of the NFL because "both sides are being heard."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alan-dershowitz-nfl-players-dont-have-a-constitutional-right-to-kneel-during-national-anthem/article/2638294
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Whether it is a right or not, it is still just right thing to do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Agreed with Dershowitz alot lately. I think he's the last honest liberal on the planet.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

Agreed with Dershowitz alot lately. I think he's the last honest liberal on the planet.

@Free Vulcan

Interesting.  And I agree with you.