Author Topic: What My Latest Research on Christianophobia Means  (Read 1310 times)

rangerrebew

What My Latest Research on Christianophobia Means
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:48:01 am »
What My Latest Research on Christianophobia Means
We have to think creatively about how we can economically flourish in a post-Christian society.

By George Yancey Published on October 23, 2017

Often when I write on Christianophobia, I point out that the people who display this type of bigotry are more likely to be white, male, educated and wealthy than others. Your average Christianophobic is socially more powerful than your average homophobe, racist or sexist bigot. Without dismissing the damage that those who hate LGBT, racial minorities or women can do, those who hate Christians have a position in society from which small numbers of people can do disproportionate damage.

https://stream.org/latest-research-christianophobia-means/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: What My Latest Research on Christianophobia Means
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:07:21 pm »
The irresistible allure of identity politics is now infecting the right.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:47 pm »

How so?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 01:13:33 pm »
We have to think creatively about how we can economically flourish in a post-Christian society.

You will be required to discard and/or hide your faith.  Embracing the social morality and religion of the state and society is what is required in a post-Christian society.

Read Matthew 24 if you have any doubts that is the case.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:36:34 pm »
How so?

The lure of identity politics is the appeal to group solidarity on the basis of being allegedly victimized by alleged persecution.  Christians want in on that racket now too.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 05:38:04 pm »
You will be required to discard and/or hide your faith.  Embracing the social morality and religion of the state and society is what is required in a post-Christian society.

Break out the tissues and violins for all the victimized Christians . . .  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »
The lure of identity politics is the appeal to group solidarity on the basis of being allegedly victimized by alleged persecution.  Christians want in on that racket now too.

You're such a funny guy, @Jazzhead!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:31 pm »
Break out the tissues and violins for all the victimized Christians . . . 

Your biblical ignorance is beyond stupefying for someone who lies about the fact that they follow Jesus.

As I've said before, you follow a Jesus made up entirely in your own mind about what you think He is and what He stands for.

The Jesus of the scriptures in whom you ignore wholesale had repeatedly stated that His followers would be persecuted and hated the world over.

I've seen Christians persecuted, beaten and killed for nothing more than their faith, and here you are ridiculing the notion.

Same as the Accuser does before The Throne.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:41:26 pm »
Break out the tissues and violins for all the victimized Christians . . .  *****rollingeyes*****

When in fact it is to you I send a lament.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »
Your biblical ignorance is beyond stupefying for someone who lies about the fact that they follow Jesus.

As I've said before, you follow a Jesus made up entirely in your own mind about what you think He is and what He stands for.

I do not lie, and you know nothing of what you speak.

The Jesus of the scriptures in whom you ignore wholesale had repeatedly stated that His followers would be persecuted and hated the world over.

That's putting the rabbit in the hat.  But that's what identity politics is all about - claiming victimization to justify the demand for favoritism.   

I've seen Christians persecuted, beaten and killed for nothing more than their faith, and here you are ridiculing the notion.

In the USA,  Christians rule the roost in government, in industry,  in every sphere of community life.  Don't give me this crap that Christians are persecuted in this country.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 07:05:23 pm »

It was just a matter of time ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:57 pm »
It was just a matter of time ....

So, y'all don't identify as "on the right"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »
So, y'all don't identify as "on the right"?

Yes, of course.  But the "on the right" is splintering into sub-identity groups.  And, rapidly.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
Yes, of course.  But the "on the right" is splintering into sub-identity groups.  And, rapidly.

OK, not sure how that applies, but I appreciate that you answered.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 07:23:54 pm »
Don't give me this crap that Christians are persecuted in this country.   

Not like they are elsewhere, but you will definitely be one who will work to change that as you posting history testifies about your desire to punish those whose faith you hate because you have declared it 'bigoted'.

And THAT is where the seeds of persecution are planted, and watered and then germinate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:17 pm »
Not like they are elsewhere, but you will definitely be one who will work to change that as you posting history testifies about your desire to punish those whose faith you hate because you have declared it 'bigoted'.

And THAT is where the seeds of persecution are planted, and watered and then germinate.

Man, you're sounding more and more like a identity-blowhard lefty all the time. 

Offline Mod1

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
Enough with the name-calling.  Stay on topic or go to another topic.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:26 pm »
When I went all in for "conservatism," leading up to Reagan's first election, I realized there was a broad coalition, of socials, fiscals, defense and other types to create the whole of it.

Forty years later, little has changed; but I believe the far right and the far left are more strident.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln