Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl: US treated me worse than the Taliban  (Read 716 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bowe Bergdahl: US treated me worse than the Taliban
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »
NY Post, Oct 21, 2017, Michael Hechtman

Bowe Bergdahl, the Army deserter who walked off his base in Afghanistan, is whining that the US treated him worse than the Taliban.

The 31-year-old sergeant told British TV journalist Sean Langan in an interview reported in The Sunday Times of London: “At least the Taliban were honest enough to say, ‘I’m the guy who’s gonna cut your throat.’ ”

That got him less upset than the “administrative duties” the Army assigned him while awaiting trial, he said.

More: http://nypost.com/2017/10/21/bowe-bergdahl-the-us-treated-me-worse-than-the-taliban/

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Bowe Bergdahl: US treated me worse than the Taliban
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:03 pm »
NY Post, Oct 21, 2017, Michael Hechtman

Bowe Bergdahl, the Army deserter who walked off his base in Afghanistan, is whining that the US treated him worse than the Taliban.

The 31-year-old sergeant told British TV journalist Sean Langan in an interview reported in The Sunday Times of London: “At least the Taliban were honest enough to say, ‘I’m the guy who’s gonna cut your throat.’ ”

That got him less upset than the “administrative duties” the Army assigned him while awaiting trial, he said.

More: http://nypost.com/2017/10/21/bowe-bergdahl-the-us-treated-me-worse-than-the-taliban/

They kept him in uniform.  Gave him back pay and promotions.  Provided medical care and counseling.    And he thinks that was abuse.  That the Taliban treated him better!   We traded 5 bad guys to bring his useless, whiney ass home.  Send him back.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:07:51 pm »
They kept him in uniform.  Gave him back pay and promotions.  Provided medical care and counseling.    And he thinks that was abuse.  That the Taliban treated him better!   We traded 5 bad guys to bring his useless, whiney ass home.  Send him back.

Not counting the six who died looking for his ass

http://time.com/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
A new Hero of the Left.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 05:37:31 pm »
Until Bergdahl receives what he deserves, what he has earned, a firing squad for desertion in time of war he is receiving infinitely better treatment by the US than the taliban.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:17:09 pm »
Deserter Bergdahl says Taliban more 'honest' than US Army
Fox News, Oct 21, 2017

<snip>

Bergdahl is expected to appear for sentencing Monday in a military courtroom in Fort Bragg, N.C., after pleading guilty to desertion and misbehaviour before the enemy.

He could face life in prison.

Bergdahl was freed from the Taliban in May 2014 in a highly criticized deal in which the Obama administration agreed that the U.S. would release five Taliban terrorists in exchange.

President Donald Trump harshly criticized Bergdahl during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Army Col. Jeffery R. Nance is the judge who will decide Bergdahl’s fate. Factors expected to weigh into the sentence are Bergdahl’s years spent as a hostage, and the serious wounds that some U.S. service members suffered while searching for Bergdahl.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/21/deserter-bergdahl-says-taliban-more-honest-than-us-army.html

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 07:20:27 pm »
Factors expected to weigh into the sentence are Bergdahl’s years spent as a hostage, and the serious wounds that some U.S. service members suffered while searching for Bergdahl

I think dead is a pretty serious wound.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:21:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »