Author Topic: Liberal students love ‘Bernie Sanders’ tax plan. . . .  (Read 512 times)

Online Hoodat

Liberal students love ‘Bernie Sanders’ tax plan. . . .
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:58:07 pm »
Liberal students love ‘Bernie Sanders’ tax plan.’ What they’re hearing is actually Trump’s tax plan.

Sarah Taylor

Liberal college students flocked to embrace the idea of President Donald Trump’s tax reform proposal like bears to honey … when they were told that it belonged to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) instead.

Campus Reform visited the campus of Washington, D.C.’s George Washington University and asked students their opinions on Trump’s new tax plan. Needless to say, the students excoriated Trump’s proposal straight out of the gate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctz_dHfYfb8

What did students say when told it was Trump’s plan?

• “It’s better for the upper class than anyone else.”
  • “Pretty much horrible for the middle class, especially the lower class.”
  • “It’s probably not the most efficient nor beneficial to the general populace.”
  • “Pretty negative.”

What did students say when told Trump’s plan was Sanders’ plan?

• “I think that’s great.”
  • “I think [this] is definitely something we should be doing.”
  • “Good job, Bernie.”
  • “It’s a good plan, a positive plan that could help everyone.”
  • “Definitely better than what Trump is proposing.”

.  .  .

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/20/liberal-students-love-bernie-sanders-tax-plan-what-theyre-hearing-is-actually-trumps-tax-plan/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Re: Liberal students love ‘Bernie Sanders’ tax plan. . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:41:42 am »
Give the students a credit.  At least they're recognizing their own bias
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 01:08:33 am »
Give the students a credit.  At least they're recognizing their own bias

They're students.

Wait till they're writing the checks and licking the stamps every month to hand over their hard earned money.

Don't expect them to see beyond their teachers and peers biases till then.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »
The son of a friend of mine was working two part time jobs when he was in college.  He got annoyed every time he looked at his paychecks and saw the amount of taxes that were being deducted.  He was especially annoyed at his friends who were on the dole and sitting around smoking weed and playing video games all day.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 01:10:39 pm »
The son of a friend of mine was working two part time jobs when he was in college.  He got annoyed every time he looked at his paychecks and saw the amount of taxes that were being deducted.  He was especially annoyed at his friends who were on the dole and sitting around smoking weed and playing video games all day.

Most of the liberals I know are getting some sort of government benefit.  When someone else is paying your way in the world, you don't care where the money comes from.