Author Topic: The Uranium One Scandal Is Exploding  (Read 3182 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: The Uranium One Scandal Is Exploding
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 02:58:01 am »
I sure don't see it exploding..I have to really search to find articles about it....MSM...fuggetabout it

Nothing will happen.

Nothing EVER happens...... **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 03:25:46 am »

Too true. Something has to change.

What will it be?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 03:41:06 am »
If Sessions is competent and actively pursuing this we would hear nothing about it until he had collected his evidence and was ready to layout his case publicly.

But I doubt that is the case here.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 03:57:31 am »
Historically, what they do is to prove guilt. They go through all kinds of testimony and documents and investigation...and then they get to the point where guilt is proven.

They get to the point where they have incontrovertible, undeniable, absolute proof that a crime was committed. And that is the point that it always ends. They are good at proving crime and guilt. They do that all the time. But then, nothing happens.

Investigating is not the problem. Congress investigates all the time. The problem is there is never any prosecution.

To put this on the ground level, it would be as if I robbed a bank, and they knew I robbed the bank. They call me in to testify and I declare that yes, I robbed the bank. And then they all slap each other on the back and high five and congratulate each other. So I say, What now?

Nothing. You can go. We solved the investigation. That's all we care about. Bye bye....off you go...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:58:16 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2017, 04:14:58 am »
Historically, what they do is to prove guilt. They go through all kinds of testimony and documents and investigation...and then they get to the point where guilt is proven.

They get to the point where they have incontrovertible, undeniable, absolute proof that a crime was committed. And that is the point that it always ends. They are good at proving crime and guilt. They do that all the time. But then, nothing happens.

Investigating is not the problem. Congress investigates all the time. The problem is there is never any prosecution.

To put this on the ground level, it would be as if I robbed a bank, and they knew I robbed the bank. They call me in to testify and I declare that yes, I robbed the bank. And then they all slap each other on the back and high five and congratulate each other. So I say, What now?

Nothing. You can go. We solved the investigation. That's all we care about. Bye bye....off you go...

The corruption is to big to fail. Almost 5 trillion dollars a year now. 40-50% of our GDP..... government corruption.

On the plus side, we get some kabuki theatre. We have that going for us.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 04:47:11 am »

No consequences for anything these days. Just smoke and mirrors. Dog and pony shows.

These 2 take the 5th and again, so what, even after all those months of Putin stole the election distraction and attacks for Trump based on their BS.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286476.0.html

Used to be further investigations leading to consequences when you took the 5th before a Congressional Investigating Committee.

Now it's nothing more than a one finger salute.

And everyone does it, everyone's got it, just like a pair of sneakers.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 04:50:44 am »
What will it be?

Whatever causes the Pubs to come up empty in their investigations. Why can the Dems do what they set out to do and the Pubs not?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »

Whatever causes the Pubs to come up empty in their investigations. Why can the Dems do what they set out to do and the Pubs not?

I think it's because at base the Dems don't have any convictions beyond seizing and holding power. They're not subject to attacks of conscience based on differences of doctrine, unlike conservatives who can almost always go to the mat with each other over nits.

Dems are perfectly comfortable with 'The Big Lie' of Joe Goebbels so long as it advances their hold on power.

After the fall of NAZI Germany it was discovered that Goebbels owned all of Edward Bernays books. Eddie is today known as the father of modern advertising, and until the Goebbels connection came to light Eddie called it what it was, "Propaganda".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

"In the 1930s, his critics became more harsh. As the leading figure in public relations and a notorious advocate of "propaganda", Bernays was compared to European fascists such as Joseph Goebbels and Adolf Hitler.[74] (Bernays himself wrote in his 1965 autobiography that Goebbels read and used his books.)"

Bernays (1965), p. 652. Quoted in Dennis W. Johnson, Routledge Handbook of Political Management, (New York: Routledge, 2009), p. 314 n. 3; and in Tye (1998), p. 111.

Karl von Wiegand, foreign correspondent of the Hearst newspapers, an old hand at interpreting Europe and just returned from Germany, was telling us about Goebbels and his propaganda plans to consolidate Nazi power. Goebbels had shown Wiegand his propaganda library, the best Wiegand had ever seen. Goebbels, said Wiegand, was using my book Crystallizing Public Opinion as a basis for his destructive campaign against the Jews of Germany. This shocked me. ... Obviously the attack on the Jews of Germany was no emotional outburst of the Nazis, but a deliberate, planned campaign.

After the war it was changed from propaganda to the Engineering of Consent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Engineering_of_Consent

And Eddie learned most of it from his uncle, Sigmund Freud, who has been copiously documented as a quack and lying fraud for decades.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 01:46:17 pm »

What needs to change is the firing of Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller.  I find it interesting that Sessions and Rosenstein suggested to Trump the firing of Comey.  Then it gets down to trust. Who can Trump put in place that he can trust?  IMHO ... enter Ted Cruz. He'd make the perfect Attorney General.  Unfortunately, none of this will ever happen.  Meanwhile ... Clinton and Bammy are giving each other high fives knowing full well that they've been caught and not a darn thing is going to happen.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:46:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »

Really?  This scandal should be front and center with the MSM giving reports of breaking news on this.  The Clintons should be arrested as well as Bammy for treason and espionage.  They should be focusing on the involvement of Rosenstein and Mueller.

Perhaps senator Fredrica's false accusations against Trump or Weinstein scandals which the MSM are focusing on is more important to you.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »
Explode?
I don't know about that.
I have been hearing from more people in that last few weeks, which is a good sign.
I am surprised (but not shocked) that more wasn't made of this as far back as the primaries.
I guess even liberal donors are scared of Bernie Sanders.....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 10:00:45 pm »
     That is a significant portion of the problem @Bigun, Sessions isn't doing as well at DOJ as Pruitt at EPA and Tillerson at State in 'draining the swamp'.
Pruitt is adding to the swamp, not draining.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286798.msg1489321.html#msg1489321
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:26 pm »
:amen: :amen:  My feelings exactly.  Sessions IS the problem!
Sessions has been an identified problem since he exposed his incompetency when he decided to vigorously approve Eric Holder as AG. 
Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 10:10:11 pm »
Sessions has been an identified problem since he exposed his incompetency when he decided to vigorously approve Eric Holder as AG. 
Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

That I didn't realize; yet more proof that Sessions is part of the swamp and has no intention of draining it.

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 10:31:05 pm »
That I didn't realize; yet more proof that Sessions is part of the swamp and has no intention of draining it.
He may be a decent man but perhaps his worst trait is being unable to discern character.

Holder, Rosenstein, etc.

Here's a blurb of his affection for Rod Rosenstein as his deputy.  Rosenstein is the man who decided to have the mole Robert Mueller appointed as special prosecutor  (after Rosenstein had worked for Eric Holder to prosecute someone who Obama later pardoned - a setup prosecution):

Attorney General Jeff Sessions praised Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Tuesday, calling his second-in-command a "great deputy attorney general."

After Rosenstein introduced the attorney general at the National Summit on Crime Reduction and Public Safety in Bethesda, Md., Sessions thanked him for the warm welcome.

“Warmed the cockles of my heart,” Sessions said. “Wasn’t that [the] Churchill saying, whatever it means? So Rod, thank you for those kind words and for your leadership and your decades-long commitment to fighting crime and seeking justice."

In prepared remarks, Sessions had only planned to say that  that the Department of Justice is "fortunate indeed" to have someone of Rosenstein's "caliber and experience" serving as deputy attorney general.
  http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/338565-sessions-praises-deputy-attorney-general-rod-rosenstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-justice-comey.html

@libertybele
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:31:33 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 10:47:35 pm »
Someone posted a video article, yesterday I think, of Sessions saying it would be up to Rosenstein to recuse himself from a Uranium One investigation.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2017, 11:37:05 pm »
Someone posted a video article, yesterday I think, of Sessions saying it would be up to Rosenstein to recuse himself from a Uranium One investigation.

Here is the video I think you were referring to:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,286513.0.html

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2017, 11:38:59 pm »