Author Topic: Bernie Quigley: Commentary: Mitt Romney must run for president in 2020  (Read 603 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Commentary: Mitt Romney must run for president in 2020
By Bernie Quigley | For The Tribune  ·  5 days ago

Although he had lost in his previous tries, he was still seen as the moral voice of the Republican party. Maybe he still is.

For with the rise of Donald Trump to the Oval Office, America has entered a new age of Andrew Jackson. Trump has even placed a portrait of Jackson in the Oval Office to boldly indicate the dramatic shift in paradigm. But it was a long time in coming.

I’d written back in 2011 that the rise of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to national politics was the first suggestion that we were entering a new Jacksonian period. It was Jackson, I claimed, who “put the fire in the belly of the heartland; a fire felt in the red states today and a fire that potentially will never go out.”

Read more at: http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2017/10/14/commentary-mitt-romney-must-run-for-president-in-2020/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:18:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Bernie Quigley: Commentary: Mitt Romney must run for president in 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:25:06 pm »
At the end of the article, it reads Quigley is in New Hampshire. I'm sure being regional to where Romney was governor figures into his speculation. That said, although I don't see Mitt coming back on the scene for President at least, I do think he is an honorable man.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »
Now liberals love Romney,  when he was running against their God, Obama, they practically called him a "Nazi."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 05:51:05 pm »
Hahaha... no.

Look, I proudly voted for Romney in '12, but come on. Isn't there anyone UNDER 70 we can ask?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »
Now liberals love Romney,  when he was running against their God, Obama, they practically called him a "Nazi."
Just another way for the GOP to look like the democrats.