Author Topic: McCain denies Vietnam draft comments were about Trump  (Read 442 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCain denies Vietnam draft comments were about Trump
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:41:15 am »
The Hill, Oct 23, 2017, Jordain Carney

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is knocking the media, saying they are inaccurately portraying his recent comments about high-income Americans getting draft deferments from the Vietnam War over bone spurs as a slight against President Trump.

"By the way ... on this issue of people who got deferments from serving in Vietnam. I was against that 40 years ago, so for you people to say that I'm taking a shot at Trump over that, then you don't know my record," McCain said on Monday evening.

He added that deferments from the draft for the Vietnam War were "unfair and unequal. The rich people didn't serve and the poor people did. It has nothing to do with President Trump."

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/356796-mccain-denies-vietnam-draft-comments-were-about-trump

Offline dfwgator

Re: McCain denies Vietnam draft comments were about Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:23:06 am »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:20:07 am »

Bald face lie. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 03:26:03 am »
Even Grahamnesty doesn't give a shit about what Dead Man Walking McLame says anymore. Why should real people take him seriously.