Author Topic: George W. Bush Emerges to Bash Trump, ‘Nativism’: ‘We Cannot Wish Globalism Away’  (Read 6097 times)

Offline dfwgator

Georgie's just upset because Trump beat his little brother to a pulp.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This is largely debunked and seen as a lost causers argument, Southern legislators set up the taxes and tariffs.

It has not been debunked.   People constantly claim anything inconvenient has been "debunked",   but that is just them expressing what they wish to believe,  not what is.   

The protectionist tariffs only benefited the North.  They did not benefit the South at all.   I presume you didn't notice that big pile of money sitting on New York? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline endicom

The anti-Bush sentiment that is all too prominent here is just another example of the perfect being the enemy of the good.

George W. Bush was not perfect, but he was (and is) good.

Well, there was Medicare Part D. And DHS and TSA. And https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Information_Awareness and, almost, the aborted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_TIPS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The anti-Bush sentiment that is all too prominent here is just another example of the perfect being the enemy of the good.

George W. Bush was not perfect, but he was (and is) good.

What did he accomplish @Emjay  .... other than paving the way for Obama?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:16:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You are wrong.  George W. Bush is a good man and he was a good president.

However, I disagreed with this speech.  One of his faults was believing the best in people and there is no best in some people.

We cannot afford to welcome all people into our country at this time in history.

I cannot believe the hatred here for Bush...I will not partake in it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Are you ending discussion?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

It has not been debunked.   People constantly claim anything inconvenient has been "debunked",   but that is just them expressing what they wish to believe,  not what is.   

The protectionist tariffs only benefited the North.  They did not benefit the South at all.   I presume you didn't notice that big pile of money sitting on New York?

I don't take those graphs you show as proven, maybe it is in some way; still, this smacks of neo-confederate and lost causers talk.  Again, I've read who set up those tariffs were Southern Legislators.

The Republicans grew out of the Whig party because the Whigs failed on abolition, everyone knew when Lincoln ran, the Republicans were going to abolish slavery.

Raids happened on both sides of the Missouri/Kansas border between pro-slavery and anti-slavery forces.

Now, after all of this, we are supposed to take some argument that ignores the environment at the time. And in addition, is a big smear against what many consider one of the country's greatest presidents.

Granted, it would take some research, but just posting a graph is not going to be convincing by itself and should be said so.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nor, I.  I love the man.   Don't make me go get my pics and come back here.

After eight years of the Clintons, his victory was like taking a much needed shower. 

His only political 'crime' was not fighting back.   That 'strategy' has given us the MSNBC and CNN of today.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Thank you for that, @mystery-ak .

It borders on madness, IMO.

As @Emjay said......... he is a GOOD man.  Made some BIG mistakes.  Doesn't have a bunch of conservative ideals.

But he's a GOOD man.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

After eight years of the Clintons, his victory was like taking a much needed shower. 

His only political 'crime' was not fighting back.   That 'strategy' has given us the MSNBC and CNN of today.

He got a lot of REALLY BAD advice from the likes of Karl Rove and Karen Hughes who were both in WAY over their heads and his crime was in listening to them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

He got a lot of REALLY BAD advice from the likes of Karl Rove and Karen Hughes who were both in WAY over their heads and his crime was in listening to them.

Yep.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

George W bush is a globalist neocon. I am of the opinion that globalist neocons should be shot on sight.

Well, well @jpsb ... While yours is a rather violent form of disagreement, I find the rare occasion to agree with you in spirit... How refreshing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:50:51 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DCPatriot

Nope.   My money says it was his mom and dad.  And he wanted to set a good example for his daughters.

Barbara Bush was always aware of how history would record the Bush Family.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Do you agree with his speech today @DCPatriot .... that globalism should be embraced and the President has ushered in rampant racism?

I won't debate his tenure in the oval office, but I would like to know if you support what GWB is promoting --- today.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nope.   My money says it was his mom and dad.  And he wanted to set a good example for his daughters.

Barbara Bush was always aware of how history would record the Bush Family.

Both!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Do you agree with his speech today @DCPatriot .... that globalism should be embraced and the President has ushered in rampant racism?

I won't debate his tenure in the oval office, but I would like to know if you support what GWB is promoting --- today.

Where was this speech when Obama was in the White House?

Offline TomSea

South's own articles of secession continue to mention, slavery, slavery, slavery, those articles have been posted before, it be for Mississippi, Texas or other states. If the war was about taxes and tariffs, those articles would clearly indicate that. They certainly don't.

South Carolina, note this talks about slaves as fugitives from justice:

The same article of the Constitution stipulates also for rendition by the several States of fugitives from justice from the other States.
The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution.

http://www.civil-war.net/pages/southcarolina_declaration.asp

Where is the tax talk? Where is the tariff talk in these articles of secession?

This is off-topic, so I will leave it there.

I do see there are civil war chat forums, I have read but have never joined.

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/bogus-tariff-question.16407/

Online DCPatriot

Hell, no!   @Right_in_Virginia

It's like aliens landed on his ranch and told him their plans for earth were to start going in a global one-world government.

For a second, I thought of Galaxy Quest. 

WTH happened to him?    :laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think little boy Bush needs to look in a mirror. I'm not sure what he thinks of his own accomplishments, that would give him the right to criticize anyone.

Look, Bush is a nice guy, in a stupid, retarded, kind of way. But his policies were disastrous, based on his and his family's Pollyannaish naiveté.

Oh yeah Geogie Porgie pudding and pie, everyone is wonderful and life is a rainbow in the sky, whoodie doo whoopy pie. Everything is wonderful, everybody is good...

He has the mind of a child. And he expanded direct control of government agencies over civilian society to 1984 levels. GW was no hero. He is an idiot, and he loves globalism and totalitarian like control of society. Not in a mean way. Like most stupid Leftists, he just wants 'help' people through government control.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:10:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

I've defended Bush, I've defended Romney and hindsight is 20/20.

But Iraq became a big mess after Bush left office, Obama, in effect, drew about all of our soldiers in there and ISIS rose in the vacuum. That is like the worst consequence that could have happened. Did Bush say anything? I think there might have been just a tiny bit said about it at one time. Still, that's a major disaster.

There was a big move under Bush to have an amnesty for all illegals, everyone was melting down the phones to DC over that. Today, seems to be a continuation of that and all that Bush can talk about is "nativism" and how we need this immigration?

Hell, no!   @Right_in_Virginia

It's like aliens landed on his ranch and told him their plans for earth were to start going in a global one-world government.

For a second, I thought of Galaxy Quest. 

WTH happened to him?    :laugh:

I don't think anything "happened" to him --- I think this is who GWB has always been.

BTW-- Galaxy Quest is one of my all time favorite movies --  I'm LOL as I type this thinking about it.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

I don't think anything "happened" to him --- I think this is who GWB has always been.

BTW-- Galaxy Quest is one of my all time favorite movies --  I'm LOL as I type this thinking about it.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot

LOL!   Me too!    :beer:   @Right_in_Virginia

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
GWB did us two huge favors.  He defeated Ann Richards.  He defeated Algore and he defeated Kerry.

One annoying lady and two ghastly traitors.

We owe him for that at least.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Only thing  I agree with you folks on is Galaxy Quest.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

GWB did us two huge favors.  He defeated Ann Richards.  He defeated Algore and he defeated Kerry.

One annoying lady and two ghastly traitors.

We owe him for that at least.

I know I'll get pummeled for this, but I STILL thank the LORD that the insane algor wasn't President on 9/11.

I don't think we'd still have a country now if he were.........