Author Topic: I Couldn't Figure Out My Brain Fog and Fatigue—and Then I Was Diagnosed With Lyme Disease  (Read 400 times)

rangerrebew

I Couldn't Figure Out My Brain Fog and Fatigue—and Then I Was Diagnosed With Lyme Disease

Lauren Bils October 16, 2017

It's hard to believe that it's been three years since I woke up in a completely different body. A body that belonged to me, but didn't know me. A body that understood what it was supposed to do, but couldn't remember how to do it. A body that went from perfectly healthy to ill overnight.

I woke up on a Sunday morning prepared to read my day away (I was in graduate school) and knock a few items off my weekend to-do list. However, my brain had other plans. As I walked to the bathroom, suddenly everything went blank. I couldn't remember what I was doing in there. Was I going to brush my teeth? Did I need to use the bathroom? Should I wash my face? My toothbrush looked like a foreign object. I realized I had turned on the faucet, but couldn't recall why. The toilet hadn't been flushed, so had I already used it? I started sweating profusely.

http://www.health.com/lyme-disease/lyme-disease-brain-fog-fatigue-symptoms