Author Topic: Chuck Grassley puts the screws to Trump on ethanol  (Read 407 times)

Offline endicom

Chuck Grassley puts the screws to Trump on ethanol
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:30:58 pm »
Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Oct. 18, 2017

On Monday we looked at the somewhat mysterious situation going on at the EPA and whether or not they would move to begin rolling back some of the ethanol mandates buried in the Renewable Fuel Standard. It’s a complicated question because Scott Pruitt’s department has been giving signals that such a rollback might be in the offing, but President Trump has been solidly onboard with King Corn thus far. There’s also a split in the GOP, where conservatives don’t care for mandates in general and ones which burn food for fuel and are of dubious benefit in particular, but a lot of deep red, corn-producing states elect Republicans who are deep in the pockets of King Corn.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2017/10/18/chuck-grassley-puts-screws-trump-ethanol/

Offline endicom

Re: Chuck Grassley puts the screws to Trump on ethanol
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:33:09 pm »
My guess is that Trump would want to side with Pruitt. But Grassley, et al, have leverage. Politics in the raw.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:19:57 pm »
The swamp is deep and wide!   The creatures therein are entangled in many tentacles!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:20:19 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »
The swamp is deep and wide!   The creatures therein are entangled in many tentacles!

I think Grassley should look for other ways to boost his constituents/contributors. Maybe something...gasp!...free market.