Author Topic: Man attacks disabled, homeless man on bus: ‘You owe me for making my grandmother a slave’  (Read 720 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Man attacks disabled, homeless man on bus: ‘You owe me for making my grandmother a slave’
ABC7; Oct 17, 2017

SILVER SPRING, Md. (ABC7) — A black man on a Metrobus attacked a 52-year-old disabled, homeless passenger, spitting in his face, and blaming the victim, who is white, for decades of slavery in the United States, police say.

The incident occurred on a Q1 bus, which had departed the Silver Spring Transit Center and was headed for the Shady Grove Metro Station. It was around 5 p.m. on Sunday, September 24.  According to court documents, Marquis Evans-Royster, 27, approached the disabled, homeless man, looked directly into his eyes and stated, "You owe me for making my grandmother a slave."

The victim remained calm and did his best to ignore the racially motivated comments. However, the confrontation became tenser when Evans-Royster allegedly began to rummage through the victim's pockets. A number of bystanders attempted to intervene, prompting Evans-Royster to charge at various passengers, spit in the victim's face and threaten to douse the victim with a cup full of urine.

More: http://wjla.com/news/local/man-attacks-disabled-homeless-man-on-bus-you-owe-me-for-making-my-grandmother-a-slave

Offline dfwgator

Gonna see more and more of this.

Offline stephen50right

This violent thug should realize that it is the Democratic Party that keeps black people enslaved in poverty in inner city neighborhoods - that is a fact.

Someone should tell him that Democrats are always pitching free food, clothing, and shelter for their voting block. Sound familiar? Slaves got free food, clothing and shelter as well...and also free healthcare.

Offline mountaineer

The perp must have mistaken the victim as being 252 years old.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Yeah, it's my fault too that this guy's grandmother was a slave. My family didn't come to the US till the early 1900s.  In fact, I would wager that most of us with European ancestors probably could find some who centuries ago were serfs -- that is, they were slaves too. 

Slavery was a dark time in our nation's history, but that is what it is now -- history. It's over and done with.   In the years since, I think this nation has bent over backwards trying to lift up people of color.  If this guy and people like him don't take advantage of the opportunities which exist, then it's not our fault.  And if they aren't happy here, then they can move to the hellhole that is most of Africa. I'd bet most of them wouldn't last day in many African countries.

Offline mountaineer

Right you are, @Applewood .  My husband's four dirt-poor Serbian grandparents came to the U.S. from present-day Croatia in the very early 1900s. My ancestors had been here since the 1700s, but sure as heck didn't own any slaves, as they also were dirt poor. So, no, we will not take responsibility for this fool's slave grandmother (grandmother?? Didn't he mean great-great-great- or something?).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

This person obviously has mental issues, not just a chip on his shoulder.  I mean, I can only think of one other person who would board a bus with a cup full of urine.

Offline Applewood

Right you are, @Applewood .  My husband's four dirt-poor Serbian grandparents came to the U.S. from present-day Croatia in the very early 1900s. My ancestors had been here since the 1700s, but sure as heck didn't own any slaves, as they also were dirt poor. So, no, we will not take responsibility for this fool's slave grandmother (grandmother?? Didn't he mean great-great-great- or something?).

Yes, I'm sue you're right.  If he is 27, then it would most likely be his great-great-grandmother.  But this guy sounds like a nutcase, so...

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

This person obviously has mental issues, not just a chip on his shoulder.  I mean, I can only think of one other person who would board a bus with a cup full of urine.

Who said anything about boarding with it?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He's homeless and disabled?

There's a backstory here.. that's not in the article.

I'm going to cry. I really hate people sometimes, our dogs and cats treat each other better.

Should I sue the people who enslaved my relatives back in the Old Testament?.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:53:52 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

The perp must have mistaken the victim as being 252 years old.

That was a similar thing to what came to my mind.................you got one OLD grandma if she was a slave!!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

Who said anything about boarding with it?

True enough, though why take the time to fill a bottle on board when you can just hose someone down in real time?

Offline Frank Cannon

True enough, though why take the time to fill a bottle on board when you can just hose someone down in real time?

I'm going to start following you on the bus when I am stalking you.

Offline RoosGirl

I knew the other person I was talking about in my first comment would show up. ^^^

Offline Frank Cannon

I knew the other person I was talking about in my first comment would show up. ^^^

You thought you were giving me the shake off when you slipped into that bodega, but I know you too well. I will always be able to find you no matter what you do.

BTW I was taking that cup of urine to my parole officer. They make me get tested now after that last "misunderstanding".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:21:29 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline RoosGirl

You thought you were giving me the shake off when you slipped into that bodega, but I know you too well. I will always be able to find you no matter what you do.

BTW I was taking that cup of urine to my parole officer. They make me get tested now after that last "misunderstanding".

I told you I wasn't going to do that.  Stop asking.