Author Topic: Victory for Senate Republicans as John McCain announces he will BACK the budget resolution to help tax cuts  (Read 537 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Victory for Senate Republicans as John McCain announces he will BACK the budget resolution to help tax cuts
Daily Mail/UK, Oct 18, 2017

Senator John McCain (R- Arizona) announced on Tuesday he will back the Senate's budget resolution this week to help with tax cuts.

While it's still unclear if the bill has enough votes to pass, the backing is crucial as the Republican-controlled Senate needs the proposal to pass to keep alive its hopes of enacting sharp reductions in tax rates later this year.

Republicans earned another victory in the return of Senator Thad Cochran (R -Mississippi) who went back to Capitol Hill after being out sick for weeks with urological problems.

If passed in both the House and the Senate, the budget resolution would allow Republicans to pass a tax reform package without needing 60 votes in the Senate, as they only have 52.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4991386/John-McCain-announces-budget-resolution.html#ixzz4vsAk4KA8

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We'll see if he does indeed vote along with party. That leaves the 4 other big RINO's; Collins, Murkowski, Flake and Corker.  Anyone heard how they intend to vote? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We'll see if he does indeed vote along with party. That leaves the 4 other big RINO's; Collins, Murkowski, Flake and Corker.  Anyone heard how they intend to vote?

I think we need two of the four to bring us to 50 .. with Pence as the tie-breaker.

I also think we can count out Flake and Corker.

Offline Millee

Offline RoosGirl

I need some help with this.  This is talking about passing a budget that then supposedly allows vote on the separate tax reform bill?