Author Topic: George Lopez booed off stage after Trump jokes flop at gala  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

George Lopez booed off stage after Trump jokes flop at gala
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »
George Lopez booed off stage after Trump jokes flop at gala
Page Six, Oct 14, 2017, Mara Siegler

Comic George Lopez was booed off stage at a gala for juvenile diabetes in Denver last week, over an anti-Donald Trump routine that fell flat with the crowd.

An attendee at the event — where tables sold from $5,000 to $100,000 to benefit the Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes — commented on a YouTube video that “George was asked nicely to stop making Trump jokes by a man in front row [Maffei] who just donated $250K.” But “George doesn’t, continues. Gets booed.”

Trying to recover and sensing the audience turn, Lopez said, “Listen, it’s about the kids . . . I apologize for bringing politics to an event. This is America — it still is. So I apologize to your white privilege.”

Lopez then announced a video segment — but he did not return to the stage, and a local newscaster took over the hosting duties.

More: https://pagesix.com/2017/10/14/george-lopez-booed-off-stage-after-trump-jokes-flop-at-gala/

Offline endicom

Re: George Lopez booed off stage after Trump jokes flop at gala
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »
Old white men. White privilege.

Someone should tell George that this has grown old.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »
What an incredible tool.  He goes to a benefit for kids, insults the president, is asked to stop but doesn't, gets booed off the stage, apologizes ......but really doesn't.  They don't make any bigger anal orifices than this jerk.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »
What an incredible tool.  He goes to a benefit for kids, insults the president, is asked to stop but doesn't, gets booed off the stage, apologizes ......but really doesn't.  They don't make any bigger anal orifices than this jerk.

Never thought he was funny.  Always thought him a long eared four legged beast of burden.  Need no more proof.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 12:58:56 am »
His first tv show was funny. But when it got cancelled he became bitter.

His second tv show...not so funny.

The guy needs to think about what he is saying. Or find another career.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:06 am »

He didn't get bitter with the cancellation, as he got successful he simply let his hateful racist real self out, he thought he was so big he no longer had to hide it. Lopez quite simply is a racist POS.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:28:32 am »

Race is at the heart of everything in America today, and it all stems from the original racist, Obama. Obama is the Kaepernick of the current 'hate Whitey' movement which is ubiquitous in America today.

From a PTA meeting, to a Church election, to a football game, there is nothing anyone can do in America today that does not have race/politics injected into it. Even a forth of July picnic will eventually devolve into racial and political acrimony. It is everywhere. It is in everything. And that is exactly what Obama and people on the Left want.

The Left wants division, discord, and anarchy. And through the leadership of Obama, remember, he was the "Great Uniter",  they have been very successful at dividing Americans into little specially focused subgroups, all with their own set of manufactured 'grievances'. Now, everyone is a 'victim' of some kind, and the White Christian straight male is the father of all evil.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:30:20 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 06:10:44 am »
Good for the audience.

Bravo!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:59 am »
I know several Hispanic pro-Trump supporters.

What used to be funny race-ethnicity humor, became bitter and nasty under Obama.

No longer even one bit funny.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 04:56:18 pm »

All these lefties have become deranged.  They just can't get over that Trump is president.  I mean, it's been what?  10 months?  Long past time to stop crying about the election  All this bitterness is just not healthy.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 04:57:28 pm »

It was his Mother, that provided most of the laughs on that show.

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 12:05:49 am »
It was his Mother, that provided most of the laughs on that show.

That is true !  :laugh:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 02:31:56 am »
All these lefties have become deranged.  They just can't get over that Trump is president.  I mean, it's been what?  10 months?  Long past time to stop crying about the election  All this bitterness is just not healthy.

Oh my goodness NO! NO! NO! NO!

The Endless Campaign and the "Resistence" are doing-in any reasonable chance the 'Crats had for a recovery of political power.

The fact that the 'Crats have become the party of hate hate hate is about the best thing that could ever happen to the Republican party.

They must NOT stop. They MUST continue. Redouble their efforts!! This is imperiative and they must all be encouraged to believe that with all of their hearts and souls.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 02:03:12 pm »
Rule #1 in Comdey and/or broadcasting...especially radio.

Know. Your. Audience.

Clearly George forgot that.  He's about as funny these days as any of the cable TV idiots on TBS or Comedy central who their whole shtick is bashing Conservatives and the President.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »

George is a bitter a**hole. No one thinks bitter a**holes are funny.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 06:36:28 pm »
George is a bitter a**hole. No one thinks bitter a**holes are funny.
Speaking of bitter comedians, I remember in George Carlin's last years his routines became pretty angry.  He definitely was not funny. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 06:39:56 pm »
That is true !  :laugh:

And his Father-In-Law was a staunchly Anti-Castro Cuban.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:21:55 pm »
Speaking of bitter comedians, I remember in George Carlin's last years his routines became pretty angry.  He definitely was not funny.

Carlin was cynical by nature. I think it dawned on him later in life that his fellow leftwingers were no better, in his mind, than all those others he had been lampooning all those decades. His audience went to his shows to hear the other guy made fun of, but when carlin began sticking it to the left instead they did not react kindly.

I recall him blowing up at a Vegas audience and quitting his show a year or two before he died.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »
Carlin was cynical by nature. I think it dawned on him later in life that his fellow leftwingers were no better, in his mind, than all those others he had been lampooning all those decades. His audience went to his shows to hear the other guy made fun of, but when carlin began sticking it to the left instead they did not react kindly.

I recall him blowing up at a Vegas audience and quitting his show a year or two before he died.

Carlin's schtick at the end was mostly about railing against religion.

Offline Millee

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »
Denver's only rag, The Denver Post failed to report on this.  What a surprise.  :whistle:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 07:43:40 pm »
Carlin's schtick at the end was mostly about railing against religion.
I remember a routine he did where he blasted pro-life people "they're so ugly, nobody would want to have sex with them anyway" he shrieked to loud laughter from the audience.
That was the last time I watched his show on HBO (or whatever premium channel he had a regular show with.)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:24 pm »
I remember a routine he did where he blasted pro-life people "they're so ugly, nobody would want to have sex with them anyway" he shrieked to loud laughter from the audience.
That was the last time I watched his show on HBO (or whatever premium channel he had a regular show with.)

Yeah, he could be a genuine "A-hole". I remember reading an interview once where he said that a lot of that was due to his personality and how he used rage to get material, or  just wanting to be the center of attention (a life-long addiction). He's said that he felt bad about some of the things he'd said over the years and though he didn't mention it specifically, you could sort of tell that bashing people who want to protect babies from being tortured-to-death was one of those.

Anyway, what turned out to be his last interview is posted on the Entertainment category here at GBR for anyone interested.

Carlin redeemed himself somewhat IMO, for some of the rough treatment toward / abuse of conservatives by going after hard leftists (gun grabbers and AGW fanatics specifically) with that same incisive, rapier-sharp wit. He made quite a few enemies on the far left with those bits, you can be sure of that!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3w02ycBwI
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:49:00 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »

Probably right.  Friend and I attended one of Carlin's  last Vegas shows.  A woman in the audience was talking and laughing loudly.  Carlin thought it was my friend and he said something really nasty to her.  When my friend protested that it wasn't her, he said, "I don't care who it was."  My friend was very upset. 

I believe shortly afterwards, Carlin and the hotel where he appeared regularly parted ways.  I think he was fired, but not sure.  He had another gig at a different hotel, but he passed not too long after.