Author Topic: Trump opens door to welfare reform  (Read 3028 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Trump opens door to welfare reform
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:24 am »
I can't remember the numbers, but most of them did not inherit their money, they earned it.

The names that come to my mind are Google,  Facebook,  Microsoft,  twitter,  Buffet,  Soros,  Hollywood actors,  and so forth.   

I'm not coming up with a lot of names of people who actually "earned"  it in the sense that I understand the term.   

Sam Walton,  yes,   but his brood and their ilk that own Walmart nowadays?  Nope.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 12:44:54 am »
Will you people PLEASE stop feeding the damned troll!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 12:48:32 am »

The names that come to my mind are Google,  Facebook,  Microsoft,  twitter,  Buffet,  Soros,  Hollywood actors,  and so forth.   

I'm not coming up with a lot of names of people who actually "earned"  it in the sense that I understand the term.   

Sam Walton,  yes,   but his brood and their ilk that own Walmart nowadays?  Nope.

Keep in mind there's 3.5 million people in the top 1%.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 12:56:04 am »
ALL y'all better quit worrying about who pays the bill and start worrying about balanced budgets and drastic, draconian spending cuts, otherwise the show is over anyway.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:25 am »
ALL y'all better quit worrying about who pays the bill and start worrying about balanced budgets and drastic, draconian spending cuts, otherwise the show is over anyway.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:46 am »
Keep in mind there's 3.5 million people in the top 1%.

I'm sure some of them earned it,   but I'm sure a whole h3ll of a lot of them didn't earn it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 01:18:02 am »

There was a moment in time back in 1995 when after watching ABC World News I realized that there were some people (the News People)  who were against the idea of our government balancing it's budget.   

It shocked me,  and it caused me to wonder how any rational people could have such an opinion.   

The only thing that made sense to me in way of explanation was that perhaps their bread was somehow buttered from excessive government spending.   

I couldn't think of any other reason.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 03:25:09 am »

Would you attack a doctor who tells you to quit smoking ?

Would you attack a friend who tells you to slow down you're driving too fast ?

Yet I am attacked here again and again for telling you the GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich has initiated class warfare and there will be fallout.

I understand you don't want to hear it.

As the Bible says... " A prudent man foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."

How about if we challenge ... not attack ... your assertion about the tax proposal is deliberately false?

You might encounter less "attacks" if you were more honest.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 03:41:29 am »

What makes you think it isn't over now? A fair argument can be made that it is.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 03:44:13 am »
That's one of your problems, right there.  Never assume.

If the GOP just reinstalls the work-requirements that were legally passed by Congress that Obama by fiat/Executive Order took away, that will be a major plus going forward.   Able-bodied folks should not be allowed to just sit (lay) back and get subsidized by the American taxpayer for their entire lives without ever having to lift a finger.  It's downright un-American.

Not only that but it has created hopelessness and race wars.  I believe that all of these protests involving race and riots are a direct result of welfare state.  It is a hopeless life.  People who are not part of the community because they don't support it nor do they work in it.  So its OK to smash the windows of your local stores and make off with the goods. 

It also requires government to do their part.  Stop illegal immigration.  Take the schools back from the liberal agenda and actually teach kids that life is about hard work and determination.  Above all stop illegal immigration in order to free up jobs.  And if people don't want to work no more welfare.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:44:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 05:44:31 am »
How about if we challenge ... not attack ... your assertion about the tax proposal is deliberately false?

You might encounter less "attacks" if you were more honest.

I don't know if it is deliberately false or not.  I'm certainly interested in discussing the facts and learning the truth.

But when a poster finds the need to post a mantra, say "tax cuts for the rich" (or "global warming"), a dozen or so times per day, I'm left with the feeling that it's not about getting to the truth but pushing an agenda (quite poorly).

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »
I don't know if it is deliberately false or not.  I'm certainly interested in discussing the facts and learning the truth.

But when a poster finds the need to post a mantra, say "tax cuts for the rich" (or "global warming"), a dozen or so times per day, I'm left with the feeling that it's not about getting to the truth but pushing an agenda (quite poorly).

888high58888  That's when the 'ignore' feature comes in handy.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »

What I post is the truth... the GOP proposed tax cut overwhelmingly benefits the rich.

Yet, no one here appears to mind the LIE that the GOP's proposed tax plan cuts taxes for everyone... it does NOT... it will raise taxes on many low and middle class people who can least afford it.

If the GOP wants to cut the business tax and cut the tax rate for the rich,  fine.

But WHY does the GOP want to RAISE taxes on low and middle incomes??

I will tell you why.... because raising taxes on the lower and middle classes helps pay for the tax cuts for the rich.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:32:15 pm by KingsX »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »

What I post is the truth... the GOP proposed tax cut overwhelmingly benefits the rich.

Yet, no one here appears to mind the LIE that the GOP's proposed tax plan cuts taxes for everyone... it does NOT... it will raise taxes on many low and middle class people who can least afford it.

If the GOP wants to cut the business tax and cut the tax rate for the rich,  fine.

I will tell you why.... because raising taxes on the lower and middle classes helps pay for the tax cuts for the rich.

Is this study incorrect?  Can you give me a reason to believe your analysis over that of the Council of Economic Advisors?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/documents/Tax%20Reform%20and%20Wages.pdf

BTW, your constant repetition of "The wealthy are 'oligarchs'" (as you, yourself defined it recently) belies an assumption of yours that I think is inaccurate:  Wealthy people are wealthy because they stole the money from somebody else.  That's a poor assumption, given the economic realities of a Capitalist, market-based system.  Is that what you believe?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:55:08 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:34 am »
   Not discounting the fact that the top 10% of wage earners pay 90% of the taxes in this Country (or something like that) but no one really knows what's in this current Tax Reform bill and it may well indeed include more loopholes for this group (Wall Street and Real Estate Developers) and saddle the Middle Class with more of the burden than we already experience to pay for it. 
   IMHO, the whole system needs to be dismantled for the proposed Fair Tax or something on that order, screw this nibbling around the edges like what was proposed for the ACA Repeal.
   Just saying it's possible @KingsX may have a point, most just don't know yet and her being a TAX nut maybe she has some insight lost on me for one?

Ted Cruz has a great tax plan.  Just sayin'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline berdie

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2017, 01:26:55 am »

Truthfully I lurk here more than I post.

Why in the heck would you or I care if the rich get a tax break? Resorting to that old saying...I have never had a poor man give me a job.  Have you had a poor man give you a job? The rich pay most of the taxes. do they not?

There are many that don't pay taxes at all. I am of the opinion that everyone should pay taxes. Even if it is a small amount.  It might change minds.

Disclaimer: I am not "rich".  What is your definition  of rich? @KingsX

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2017, 01:34:46 am »
I learnt it is immoral to care what others pay...only what I do.  Caring about what others pay leads to envy, and it's a deadly sin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 01:42:13 am »
I thought this thread was about welfare reform.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:06 am »

What I post is the truth... the GOP proposed tax cut overwhelmingly benefits the rich.Well, you can't cut taxes for the bottom half (47%), because they don't pay any!

Yet, no one here appears to mind the LIE that the GOP's proposed tax plan cuts taxes for everyone... it does NOT... it will raise taxes on many low and middle class people who can least afford it. This is false, it will cut taxes for the vast majority of the middle class....at least...those who fall in the 53% of citizens who pay taxes.

But WHY does the GOP want to RAISE taxes on low and middle incomes?? Answer: it doesn't, and it isn't.

This is tax cuts 101 stuff...but you seem to be missing the basics, so take this to heart;
The whole idea of tax cuts is to let people keep their own money, knowing that they will use that money FAR more efficiently in the economy than the government ever would. As its the upper middle class and the moderately affluent...not the 1% but especially the 20-30% right below them...who are the folks paying the most taxes AND generating the most economic activity...well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that cutting those folks taxes will spark the economy...dramatically. For example, annual revenues in the decade following Reagan's large scale cuts averaged 102 billion above the level in 1980 when he took office (in constant 1996 dollars).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »
Is this study incorrect?  Can you give me a reason to believe your analysis over that of the Council of Economic Advisors?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/documents/Tax%20Reform%20and%20Wages.pdf

BTW, your constant repetition of "The wealthy are 'oligarchs'" (as you, yourself defined it recently) belies an assumption of yours that I think is inaccurate:  Wealthy people are wealthy because they stole the money from somebody else.  That's a poor assumption, given the economic realities of a Capitalist, market-based system.  Is that what you believe?

@Cyber Liberty and lets not forget either that the Liberals have defined down what "rich" actually is.  It's not the J.P. Morgan's, J.J. Astor's Vanderbilt's or the Howard Hughes types...the left and thusly the media and the class warriors these days define "rich" as someone making as little as $250K.  So this talk about the evil rich getting tax breaks could be a two income family each making $125K with a mortgage car payments and a kid in college.

That used to be known as "well off" or living "comfortably".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 01:36:50 pm »
@Cyber Liberty and lets not forget either that the Liberals have defined down what "rich" actually is.  It's not the J.P. Morgan's, J.J. Astor's Vanderbilt's or the Howard Hughes types...the left and thusly the media and the class warriors these days define "rich" as someone making as little as $250K.  So this talk about the evil rich getting tax breaks could be a two income family each making $125K with a mortgage car payments and a kid in college.

That used to be known as "well off" or living "comfortably".

Democrats also include small businesses in that definition.