Author Topic: Trump: There is no such thing as ObamaCare anymore  (Read 6059 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump: There is no such thing as ObamaCare anymore
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »

We're ignoring you.  :)

I know, and I'm totally pouting about it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »
I know, and I'm totally pouting about it.

Don't feel too bad. I'm still stalking you so you got that going for you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:17:45 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »
Don't feel too bad. I'm still stalking you so you got that going for you.

fanfreakintastic

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:20 pm »

Now you are touching on something I harp about constantly.   It seems nobody has a grasp of the concept "cost vs benefit"  anymore.   

Especially people who spend government money.

Careful with that. Ezekiel Emanuel has a concept of cost v benefit. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »
Oh... well... Julius Orangeus SAYS it's dead, so it's dead, I guess.

Can't be the leader Congress needs to pass the legislation necessary to actually kill it, so - instead - we'll just play the "See No Evil" monkeys and the Trumpettes will eat it right up! Pathetic.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 03:30:13 pm »
My question has been up for 6 hours and no one has answered.  Does this mean I will no longer be penalized for not having health insurance?  Can I use Trump's statement as a defense if I am penalized?

@RoosGirl

Yes, you are correct on all counts.

It also means that my online friend in California, who has severe endometriosis and no health insurance, is wrong when she says she's waiting for November 1st's Obamacare open enrollment so she can sign up.  She must be mistaken; can't sign up for something that doesn't exist.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:44 pm »
@RoosGirl

It also means that my online friend in California, who has severe endometriosis and no health insurance, is wrong when she says she's waiting for November 1st's Obamacare open enrollment so she can sign up.  She must be mistaken; can't sign up for something that doesn't exist.

If anyone bothers keeping up with tax law like I do, they would know that Line 61 is now OPTIONAL on Federal tax returns.

Thank you President Trump.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:58 pm »
My question has been up for 6 hours and no one has answered.  Does this mean I will no longer be penalized for not having health insurance?  Can I use Trump's statement as a defense if I am penalized?

Of course the Trump supporters don’t want to answer your question because it would contradict their talking points of all of Trump’s supposed “winning”.   The penalties are still in place, as is the website. As is often the case, the devil is in the details and certainly Trump (plus many of his supporters) apparently don’t want to address the details because they contradict the President’s ramblings.  I’ll believe ObamaCare is truly gone when people are no longer penalized for not having healthcare.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 03:46:13 pm »
@RoosGirl

Yeah, this is the thing I can't stand about Trump; there's the truth, and then there's what he says and many times the two things are not the same.  And it's left up to "us" to determine which one is correct. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »
Of course the Trump supporters don’t want to answer your question because it would contradict their talking points of all of Trump’s supposed “winning”.   The penalties are still in place, as is the website. As is often the case, the devil is in the details and certainly Trump (plus many of his supporters) apparently don’t want to address the details because they contradict the President’s ramblings.  I’ll believe ObamaCare is truly gone when people are no longer penalized for not having healthcare.

Do you know for a fact that the penalties are still in place??  Do you have a link??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 03:47:44 pm »
If anyone bothers keeping up with tax law like I do, they would know that Line 61 is now OPTIONAL on Federal tax returns.

When did this change?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 03:53:32 pm »

I would like to see that form because the one currently listed on the IRS website is for 2016, not 2017, for the generic 1040.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2017, 03:55:43 pm »
Do you know for a fact that the penalties are still in place??  Do you have a link??

https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/penalty/

https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/

Lots of information on www.healthcare.gov which seems to indicate the program is still in place.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:57:05 pm by Concerned »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »
Now he'll get the blame for every little thing that goes wrong with healthcare.

You liked Obamacare and wanted to keep it?

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »
You actually think he doesn't care?

So if they start blaming him for everything, he'll just let it run off and won't respond?!

Of course he'll respond, with a tweet-storm, and then move on.  Not as classy as the way W showed he didn't care, but perhaps more effective politically.

The Fathers of the Church had a saying that there are only two ways to disregard the opinions of men:  perfect pride and perfect humility. In light of which saying, I think we should be glad Trump cares enough to respond with a tweet-storm.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:48 pm »
You liked Obamacare and wanted to keep it?

*****rollingeyes*****

Yes, just like he wanted Hillary to win.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:37 pm »
Yeah, this is the thing I can't stand about Trump; there's the truth, and then there's what he says and many times the two things are not the same.  And it's left up to "us" to determine which one is correct.

It is frustrating and certainly misleading. Unless the website is completely shutdown and there is no open enrollment period, then I'm not sure why he's making such a statement;  his words are applicable to the fact that the old parameters surrounding Bammycare are different than a year ago.  Many of the regulations surrounding Bammycare have supposedly been gutted. I don't have an answer other than to what I've read and been told; many of the exchanges have collapsed and are no longer an option, BUT his recent executive order allows  government agencies to make new rules that would allow more Americans to sign up for cheaper, less-regulated health plans and individuals to purchase insurance across state lines.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2017, 04:07:00 pm »
Of course, the truth or falsity of Trump's assertion turns on what you regard as the defining features of Obamcare.  If illegal and unconstitutional subsidies to insurance companies or a no-conscience-clause contraceptive mandate are essential features of Obamacare, then indeed, it no longer exists.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 04:07:06 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

Yes, just like he wanted Hillary to win.

@RoosGirl

I knew he wanted that! Thanks for confirming it.

FYI I enjoy your posts almost as much as Franks'

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »
It is frustrating and certainly misleading. Unless the website is completely shutdown and there is no open enrollment period, then I'm not sure why he's making such a statement;  his words are applicable to the fact that the old parameters surrounding Bammycare are different than a year ago.  Many of the regulations surrounding Bammycare have supposedly been gutted. I don't have an answer other than to what I've read and been told; many of the exchanges have collapsed and are no longer an option, BUT his recent executive order allows  government agencies to make new rules that would allow more Americans to sign up for cheaper, less-regulated health plans and individuals to purchase insurance across state lines.

I am aware, but like others above have pointed out, until I have proof that there's no penalty anymore for not having insurance I will say that Trump is lying through his teeth about this.  Now, maybe that wasn't his intention, but that is the result.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 04:09:11 pm »
@RoosGirl

I knew he wanted that! Thanks for confirming it.

FYI I enjoy your posts almost as much as Franks'

Hey, maybe we could talk about whether Ted Cruz was NBC or not also? Wouldn't that be a fun conversation?

Added: @jpsb You should join in our fun. The more the merrier, and helps with a little camaraderie among the members.  Note that Frank and I disagree on everything, but he still worships me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:11:18 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »

That’s a big problem many of us have with this President:  he lies, tells misleading statements, and makes false statements so often it’s hard to tell was he just mistaken; was he intentionally misleading; or was he just wrong?  There’s no way to tell with this President because he “misspeaks” (and I’m being kind) so often and often refuses to clearly to admit when he does.  Many logical folks (like me), who believe words still have meaning, just scratch their head in utter confusion.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »
Hey, maybe we could talk about whether Ted Cruz was NBC or not also? Wouldn't that be a fun conversation?

Added: @jpsb You should join in our fun. The more the merrier, and helps with a little camaraderie among the members.  Note that Frank and I disagree on everything, but he still worships me.

Some other day perhaps, you and @Frank Cannon both have really hot avatars. Plus you're both interesting to read.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2017, 05:48:27 pm »
That’s a big problem many of us have with this President:  he lies, tells misleading statements, and makes false statements so often it’s hard to tell was he just mistaken; was he intentionally misleading; or was he just wrong?  There’s no way to tell with this President because he “misspeaks” (and I’m being kind) so often and often refuses to clearly to admit when he does.  Many logical folks (like me), who believe words still have meaning, just scratch their head in utter confusion.

Like many here, I've commented on that too and find it probably my biggest obstacle to feeling confident in our president.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to translate for us precisely what he meant then chastise us for not being wise enough in the ways of 4 dimensional chess to understand.  So it goes.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 06:04:22 pm »
I am aware, but like others above have pointed out, until I have proof that there's no penalty anymore for not having insurance I will say that Trump is lying through his teeth about this.  Now, maybe that wasn't his intention, but that is the result.

Good grief ... you should know better than to call him a liar!  The only one that lies is Ted!  Obviously what Trumps says and what he means could be two different things (still). Someone posted a link providing info that the penalties are still in existence. I myself went to the website to see for myself if there was an enrollment period still available ... maybe I was mistaken and just went into a pretend website that has Obamacare that doesn't exist.  :shrug: