Author Topic: Next target Guam, North Korea says  (Read 635 times)

Offline stephen50right

Next target Guam, North Korea says
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:49:23 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/asia/north-korea-missile-launch-guam-threat/index.html

Next target Guam, North Korea says

(CNN)North Korea's launch of a missile over Japan was a prelude to more military operations directed at the American territory of Guam, North Korean state media warned Wednesday.

The country's state-run Korean Central News Agency reported leader Kim Jong Un presided over the dawn launch Tuesday of the "ultra-modern rocket system," the first missile ever fired from the capital Pyongyang.

North Korean officials told CNN in Pyongyang that Kim was "very satisfied with the performance of the missile."

The intermediate-range missile, identified by the North Koreans as the Hwasong-12, flew over Japan, further fueling tensions between North Korea and the United States and its allies, Japan and South Korea.

Early Wednesday, the US conducted a test intercept of a medium range ballistic missile off the coast of Hawaii, according to a statement from the US Missile Defense Agency.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If Fatboy Jong fires a missile at Guam, then I think only two scenarios are in play.

One scenario is that our generals have told Trump that they have a first strike plan in place, of which every North Korea nuclear missile site would quickly be eliminated, along with most conventional weapons such as artillery and aircraft. I doubt if our generals could guarantee to Trump that every North Korea conventional weapon would be destroyed in a first strike. North Korea would likely get off a salvo of conventional weapons, striking South Korea and many would be killed. As horrible as that is to contemplate, I believe the South Korean people would find this acceptable as the necessary price to pay for removing the malignancy of Fatboy Jong, and finally bringing peace to the region.

The other scenario is that our generals have told Trump that they cannot guarantee a first strike would eliminate every North Korea nuclear site, fast enough so that Fatboy could not launch nukes on South Korea, and perhaps Japan as well. Trump would find those estimated casualty numbers to be unacceptable. And so the stalemate between North Korea and the US and our allies would continue into the future.

Offline Applewood

Re: Next target Guam, North Korea says
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:32:28 pm »
I just think it's more sabre rattling and plenty of increased testosterone in the 2 leaders.

Look for another threatening tweet from Trump within 24 hours.

But I think if either side was serious about wiping each other out, they would have done it by now.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:56:03 pm »
I just think it's more sabre rattling and plenty of increased testosterone in the 2 leaders.

Look for another threatening tweet from Trump within 24 hours.

But I think if either side was serious about wiping each other out, they would have done it by now.

I agree with your premise when it comes to Trump and Putin. We all know that the US and Russia are not going to go to war with each other. Of course we still must remain vigilant about Russia to make sure that Putin stays in his place.

You may be right about Trump and Fatboy, but these threats seem to have a different tone. Trump is a big fan of generals Patton and MacArthur, and both of those great generals believed in strong offensive attacks.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:49:19 pm »
I agree with your premise when it comes to Trump and Putin. We all know that the US and Russia are not going to go to war with each other. Of course we still must remain vigilant about Russia to make sure that Putin stays in his place.

You may be right about Trump and Fatboy, but these threats seem to have a different tone. Trump is a big fan of generals Patton and MacArthur, and both of those great generals believed in strong offensive attacks.

All well and good, but again, I keep going back to -- why haven't we mopped the floor with this 2-bit dictator by now? 

And I'll be fair.  Past presidents, particularly Obama, have allowed this guy to get away with way too much for too long.  The longer our leaders do nothing, the more Kim thinks he can do or say with impunity.  He could have been taken out a long time ago.  and despite the Noiks' alliance with China, I doubt if we had pounded Kim into the ground before now, that the Chinese would have interfered.  Heck, China may be hoping Kim gets knocked off so that it can take over North Korea.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:15:34 pm »
All well and good, but again, I keep going back to -- why haven't we mopped the floor with this 2-bit dictator by now?

• Seoul
  • China

Any questions?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:25 am »

And I'll be fair.  Past presidents, particularly Obama, have allowed this guy to get away with way too much for too long.  The longer our leaders do nothing, the more Kim thinks he can do or say with impunity.  He could have been taken out a long time ago.  and despite the Noiks' alliance with China, I doubt if we had pounded Kim into the ground before now, that the Chinese would have interfered.  Heck, China may be hoping Kim gets knocked off so that it can take over North Korea.

Not to totally equate these examples with North Korea, but it may be for the same type of reason that Hitler didn't try to conquer Switzerland during WW2, or that the Arabs overall haven't tried to destroy Israel in a long time. Perhaps it's like a hornets nest that is high in a tree in the backyard...sometimes ya just leave it alone because it's not worth the fight.

Frankly, if Fatboy wasn't acting so aggressive with his nuclear weapons, I think we would basically leave North Korea alone. But this murderous punk fires two missiles over Japan? And now he's talking about doing it with Guam. I think sometimes ya just say enough is enough, and if the hornets begin stinging your children, then ya get a ladder, climb up there and spray the hell out of them.

The incident of that young American being tortured by North Korea, sent back home here brain damaged and then he died a short time later, really hissed off Trump a lot, as it should all of us. I think Trump is just itching to kill Fatboy, and Fatboy it seems may give Trump just the excuse to do it.

And yes, China is a factor that has to be carefully considered. China needs to realize, and I think they now do, that those North Korean nukes could just as easily be used against China when dealing with a psychopath such as Fatboy. The key is to take out Fatboy, then work out the political aftermath with China, which i don't think will be any insurmountable problem at all.