Author Topic: Scientists reveal the relationship between sugar, cancer  (Read 773 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Scientists reveal the relationship between sugar, cancer
« on: October 15, 2017, 03:19:19 pm »
Date:    October 13, 2017
Source:    VIB

FULL STORY

A nine-year joint research project conducted by VIB, KU Leuven and VUB has led to a crucial breakthrough in cancer research. Scientists have clarified how the Warburg effect, a phenomenon in which cancer cells rapidly break down sugars, stimulates tumor growth. This discovery provides evidence for a positive correlation between sugar and cancer, which may have far-reaching impacts on tailor-made diets for cancer patients. The research has been published in the leading academic journal Nature Communications.

This project was started in 2008 under the leadership of Johan Thevelein (VIB-KU Leuven), Wim Versées (VIB-VUB) and Veerle Janssens (KU Leuven). Its main focus was the Warburg effect, or the observation that tumors convert significantly higher amounts of sugar into lactate compared to healthy tissues. As one of the most prominent features of cancer cells, this phenomenon has been extensively studied and even used to detect brain tumors, among other applications. But thus far, it has been unclear whether the effect is merely a symptom of cancer, or a cause....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171013103623.htm
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:20:01 pm by Sanguine »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Scientists reveal the relationship between sugar, cancer
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:23:06 pm »
Geez...

Scientist are hell bent on me eating nothing but non-fried vegetables and fruit.  No meat?  No sugar?  Just shoot me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:13:48 pm »
Geez...

Scientist are hell bent on me eating nothing but non-fried vegetables and fruit.  No meat?  No sugar?  Just shoot me.

Sorry to be a DebbyDowner, but you can't have fruit.  It's full of sugar.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:28:57 pm »

I'm not allowed to have fruit or juice on my diet or sugar. I miss donuts
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 04:44:59 pm »

One of my favorite Rodney Daingerfield jokes went something like this......

Scientist told me I could add 10 years to my life if I quit smoking.   Just what I need.......  an extra 10 years to drool all over myself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.