Author Topic: John Kasich leaves the door open to challenging Trump for president in 2020  (Read 2403 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kasich leaves the door open to challenging Trump for president in 2020
by Kyle Feldscher | Oct 15, 2017, 11:31 AM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich refused to rule out a run for president in 2020 as a Republican primary challenger to President Trump.

When asked by Chuck Todd — host of NBC's "Meet The Press" — if he was going to run in 2020 against Trump, Kasich demurred.

"I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow," he said. "I will tell you this — the other day, my wife said to me one morning, 'You know, John, I wish you were the president.' That's how I knew the country was in trouble."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-kasich-leaves-the-door-open-to-challenging-trump-for-president-in-2020/article/2637573
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Please Johnny do it. The hilarious optics of you throwing yourself a ticker tape parade for your singular Primary win were priceless. I also would like to spend 6-8 months hearing more about what your old man did for a living.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
To begin, Kasich has a face for radio.

I wonder if he would be reelected in Ohio, today?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

I hope not!

Kasich is as classless as Pres. Trump. Kasich acts so "high and mighty" with his never ending moral preening it's sickening.

It's Sen Cruz that I have an even greater respect for. He and his family were attacked with all kinds of smears and lies by then candidate Trump. Yet once the election was over he put all that aside to work towards implementing conservative policies. Kasich is like the other establishment types. He gets smeared and he wants payback even if it damages the country.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

Perhaps.  Ohio has a similar situation to Pennsylvania's.  Republicans are elected only if they are as liberal as the Democrats -- if not more so.  Kasich fits the bill. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Please Johnny do it. The hilarious optics of you throwing yourself a ticker tape parade for your singular Primary win were priceless. I also would like to spend 6-8 months hearing more about what your old man did for a living.

Just guessing but I think he was in the mail business.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope not!

Kasich is as classless as Pres. Trump. Kasich acts so "high and mighty" with his never ending moral preening it's sickening.

It's Sen Cruz that I have an even greater respect for. He and his family were attacked with all kinds of smears and lies by then candidate Trump. Yet once the election was over he put all that aside to work towards implementing conservative policies. Kasich is like the other establishment types. He gets smeared and he wants payback even if it damages the country.

I always muted Kasich during the debates.  That was after he even put himself to sleep with his droning on.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kasich left me cold via his talk of amnesty and illegals;

Still, as a governor, jobs-wise and on other issues, he has been very good.  He and his fellow Republicans turned the economy around in Ohio. Real results.

Offline Frank Cannon

Was he? Wow! Those would be some fascinating background stories on the campaign trail for sure. I'm really looking forward to the Presidential run.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Well, son of a--mailman.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Thanks for the info; I guess I was too busy watching his flailing hands and didn't catch the mailman reference.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Thanks for the info; I guess I was too busy watching his flailing hands and didn't catch the mailman reference.

Hong Kong Phooey Kasich.....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hong Kong Phooey Kasich.....

Hey, at least he'll always have a job.  He would make a heck of a sign language instructor ... or he'd confuse the heck out of people. :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"John Kasich leaves the door open to challenging Trump for president in 2020..."

Hahahahahahahaha !!!

Offline ConservativeGranny

Who could forget the flailing hands? They were very hypnotic.

Offline corbe

This is just more GOP scare tactics aimed at the Cruz 2020 campaign, letting him know this Mailman's Son will/can torment him again Electorally.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Concerned

Based on Trump's approval ratings in year one, I expect Kasich won't be the only challenger.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline MajorClay

What a joke

Offline mountaineer

Mr. Kasich has overestimated just how much he appeals to the public.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mr. Kasich has overestimated just how much he appeals to the public.

Vastly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
385 days and counting till Kasich is no longer governor of OH.    :seeya:

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

Save your money, John.

Offline dfwgator

Based on Trump's approval ratings in year one, I expect Kasich won't be the only challenger.

And yet his approval ratings are still higher than for any other Republican.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I hope not!

I wouldn't vote for Trump or Kasich.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.