Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein, Hollywood’s Oldest Horror Story.....Maureen Dowd  (Read 1229 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harvey Weinstein, Hollywood’s Oldest Horror Story

Maureen Dowd OCT. 14, 2017

In her autobiography, “Child Star,” Shirley Temple described going with her mother to see her new bosses at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer after leaving Fox.

Louis B. Mayer spirited away Gertrude Temple. The curly-haired superstar — hailed by F.D.R. for helping America get through the Depression — was taken to the office of Arthur Freed, an associate producer on “The Wizard of Oz.”

After telling her that she would have to get rid of her baby fat, Freed abruptly stood up and pulled out his penis. The 11-year-old had never even seen one before. She gave a nervous laugh, which offended the producer.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/14/opinion/sunday/harvey-weinstein-dowd-hollywood.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Harvey Weinstein, Hollywood’s Oldest Horror Story.....Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:51:43 am »
Beyond sick.  Pure evil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:11:04 am »
My concern is that this is only a power shift from the straight molesters and pedophiles to others who will be equally insistent, not an end to such practices and abuses of power and authority.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 05:04:35 am »
Funny how she didn't mention Bill Clinton... He did virtually everything Harvey Weinstein is accused of doing including rape and even did it in the White House as the most powerful person on the planet and lied about it to the country. And Ms Dowd was defending him... It was only about sex we were told... And Bill was compartmentalizing his private life from his professional life so it didn't matter and all...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:05:06 am by DB »

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 06:02:04 am »
If I was advising Harvey boy, i'll tell the molesting rat to check out moving to a country without an extradition treaty with the US.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »
I just don't understand why this is a story now.   :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »
I just don't understand why this is a story now.   :pondering:
Watch what the other hand is doing...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 08:49:29 pm »
Funny how she didn't mention Bill Clinton... He did virtually everything Harvey Weinstein is accused of doing including rape and even did it in the White House as the most powerful person on the planet and lied about it to the country. And Ms Dowd was defending him... It was only about sex we were told... And Bill was compartmentalizing his private life from his professional life so it didn't matter and all...
And Hilarious Rodent Clinton was shocked---shocked!---over Weinstein's depravities while applauding
those who had the courage to stand up at last against them.

The same Hilarious Rodent Clinton who thought it was a mere, vast right-wing conspiracy out to get
her depraved husband, while their minions trashed . . . those who had the courage to stand up against
him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:50:04 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:15 pm »
And Hilarious Rodent Clinton was shocked---shocked!---over Weinstein's depravities while applauding
those who had the courage to stand up at last against them.

The same Hilarious Rodent Clinton who thought it was a mere, vast right-wing conspiracy out to get
her depraved husband, while their minions trashed . . . those who had the courage to stand up against
him.
Remember, that was after perjury and obstruction of justice had been reduced by the media to being 'just about sex'.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 09:48:02 pm »
Remember, that was after perjury and obstruction of justice had been reduced by the media to being 'just about sex'.
Even now I can't help wondering how stupid someone has to be to do something that's only amoral, not
a crime, and then commit actual crimes trying to cover it up!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 09:58:43 pm »
Even now I can't help wondering how stupid someone has to be to do something that's only amoral, not
a crime, and then commit actual crimes trying to cover it up!
What is more stupid is an American public nodding like bobbleheads and winking at it all.

(Ironically, those were the same charges they were trying to bring against Nixon, without the rape and gross sexual imposition and tobacco abuse. I haven't touched a Macanudo since.)

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 12:48:30 am »
              Please people, there are established Rules.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 12:56:29 am »
              Please people, there are established Rules.

Beat me to it.  A TOS tradition worthwhile.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:06 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.