Author Topic: OMB's Mulvaney: Trump Cut Billions in Corporate Payouts  (Read 724 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
OMB's Mulvaney: Trump Cut Billions in Corporate Payouts
« on: October 15, 2017, 03:53:36 am »
President Donald Trump's move to end subsidies to health insurance companies through Obamacare will end up saving billions in spending, Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told CNN Friday.

The subsidies, known as cost sharing reduction payments (CSR), are paid to insurance companies and not individuals, as some Democrats have tried to imply, Mulvaney said.

"These payments are payments to insurance companies. I cannot believe that [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi was just on your screen there defending bailout payments to large corporations. Typically, the Democrats are against that. It's sort of like the shoe is on the other foot here. The bottom line is these are bad policy and the payments are not appropriate," Mulvaney said.

Read more at: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/omb-director-mick-mulvaney-healthcare-subsidies-insurers/2017/10/14/id/819711/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: OMB's Mulvaney: Trump Cut Billions in Corporate Payouts
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:26:53 pm »
Keep at it Mr. President!  You are doing great so far!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:18:49 pm »
The bottom line is these are bad policy and the payments are not appropriate," Mulvaney said.

He is so right. If we want free market principals to be the foundation of our economy we have to end the fascist corporatism. Health insurance is just one area that this exists.

I don't know what caused Pres. Trump to pivot back to his campaign promises, but it's great to see. The Pub party has to get rid of the "fake Republicans" and get behind the agenda that elected Pres. Trump and gave them majorities in the House and Senate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 02:38:48 pm »
The bottom line is these are bad policy and the payments are not appropriate," Mulvaney said.

He is so right. If we want free market principals to be the foundation of our economy we have to end the fascist corporatism. Health insurance is just one area that this exists.

I don't know what caused Pres. Trump to pivot back to his campaign promises, but it's great to see. The Pub party has to get rid of the "fake Republicans" and get behind the agenda that elected Pres. Trump and gave them majorities in the House and Senate.

As a Trump supporter I suggest Pres. Trump hasn’t moved one iota from his original position. And that everything else, all the talk and bluster has simply been negotiating tactics in service to his ultimate agenda, our conservative agenda.

Trump remains the brilliant negotiation strategist he’s always been, only now it’s in service to the people.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »
If that's how this works then ending the subsidies is yet better than I'd thought.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
As a Trump supporter I suggest Pres. Trump hasn’t moved one iota from his original position. And that everything else, all the talk and bluster has simply been negotiating tactics in service to his ultimate agenda, our conservative agenda.

Trump remains the brilliant negotiation strategist he’s always been, only now it’s in service to the people.

I was not a Pres. Trump supporter so I'm less inclined to believe he's five moves ahead of everyone else. I do like what he's doing though.

It can't be said he didn't give the Congress plenty of opportunity to resolve obamacare. They failed miserably and Sen. Cruz is right they will pay a price for it in 2018. If Pres. Trump keeps going on this present course, Bannon will be correct. Pres. Trump will win big in 2020. I don't think that means the Pub party will.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 03:32:03 pm »
I was not a Pres. Trump supporter so I'm less inclined to believe he's five moves ahead of everyone else. I do like what he's doing though.

It can't be said he didn't give the Congress plenty of opportunity to resolve obamacare. They failed miserably and Sen. Cruz is right they will pay a price for it in 2018. If Pres. Trump keeps going on this present course, Bannon will be correct. Pres. Trump will win big in 2020. I don't think that means the Pub party will.

Agree. 2016 was the presidential election year the voters said no to politicians of both stripes. With raised voices we demanded the people’s priorities be addressed – not the immigration globalists’, not the donors’, not the lobbyists’ nor the fat and happy establishments’.

We wanted an insurgent candidate for president and we got an insurgent president who, by my reckoning, is living up to expectations.