Author Topic: This is the French missile that can wipe out a city  (Read 530 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

This is the French missile that can wipe out a city
« on: October 14, 2017, 07:54:00 am »
By Harold Hutchison Oct. 13, 02:10 PM

When it comes to missiles, France’s anti-ship Exocet is one of the most notorious. And this is for good reason.
The Falklands War put this ship-killer on the map after it sank the destroyer HMS Sheffield and the Atlantic Conveyor. In 1987, the Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate USS Stark (FFG 31) survived two Exocet hits from an Iraqi plane.
But while the Exocet is easily France’s most recognizable missile, it is not the most deadly. That honor belongs to a missile known as the M51, which is carried aboard the four Le Triomphant-class ballistic missile submarines serving in the French Navy.
According to Deagel.com, the M51 has a range of at least 6,000 kilometers and can carry up to 14 TN-75 warheads — although the usual loadout for the M51 is six warheads in multiple independently-targeted re-entry vehicles, or MIRVs, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies.The fireball would wipe out the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, while the blast wave would destroy the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust. Cedars Sinai Medical Center, one of the most well-known hospitals in the country, would be seriously damaged. That’s just from one warhead. The other five would likely impact other parts of Los Angeles.

http://www.wearethemighty.com/gear-tech/this-is-the-french-missile-that-can-wipe-out-a-city
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: This is the French missile that can wipe out a city
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:25 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBK30-ZWm0s

Range of the M51 is sufficient to strike most areas in China, Russia or the United States, firing straight from the pier. While this French missile may be somewhat lacking in range, compared to the World's best ICBMs, its launch platform more than makes up for it. The Le Triomphant class is probably the third-best ballistic missile submarine in the world. It can travel closer to targets, giving the missile a technically unlimited range. It can also survive a country’s first nuclear strike, being undetected deep in the ocean. Then it can surface and unleash a powerful counterstrike. This massively enhances France’s nuclear capability, far more than a silo-based ICBM would.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:04:01 am »
Demo Man wrote:
"This massively enhances France’s nuclear capability, far more than a silo-based ICBM would."

What's going to happen to them when France "tips over" to islamic rule?
May not be for a while yet, but... it's probably coming eventually...

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 01:55:23 am »
Demo Man wrote:
"This massively enhances France’s nuclear capability, far more than a silo-based ICBM would."

What's going to happen to them when France "tips over" to islamic rule?
May not be for a while yet, but... it's probably coming eventually...
But Islam in France is a problem.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:18:27 am by DemolitionMan »