Author Topic: Arizona restaurant closes following backlash from its pro-Trump Facebook post  (Read 500 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Arizona restaurant closes following backlash from its pro-Trump Facebook post
Fox News

Cup it Up, a restaurant in Tucson, Ariz., shuttered its doors indefinitely Monday after a politically charged Facebook post the eatery’s owners wrote received criticism from social media users.  (Google Earth image)

An Arizona restaurant was forced to close its doors indefinitely this week after a politically charged Facebook post the eatery’s owners wrote prompted mass criticism from social media users.

Christopher Smith and Jay Warren, the owners of Cup it Up American Grill in Tucson, posted a statement on the restaurant’s social media page last week with a list of things the two support and resent, including the president kneeling for the anthem and late night hosts, Vice News reported.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/10/14/arizona-restaurant-closes-following-backlash-from-its-pro-trump-facebook-post.html

Strange story, see article for their social media post that stirred things up. It has nothing bad in it like racism or curse words.  I don't think it needed to say that part about "if you like this post...." etc.

Offline endicom

"...including the president kneeling for the anthem and late night hosts, Vice News reported."

Vice News could use an editor.

Social media can be a curse.

Offline goatprairie

The wife and I will be spending next January outside Tucson.  If they're open again, we'll have to stop in. 

Offline Applewood

Got rid of my Facebook account.  There are a lot of sick,  vicious people out there.  And if you are threatened, don't expect Facebook or any other social media site to do anything about it.