Author Topic: Donald Trump's True Nature  (Read 512 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump's True Nature
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:23 am »
Donald Trump's True Nature
American Thinker, Oct 14, 2017, Jim Dicks

<snip>

To put it in a nutshell – we've had enough.

Trump has not only galvanized the Trumpeters by his outsized, dramatic, in-your-face assault and conquest of the boring, corrupt, contemptible, and compromised Republican Party.  Moreover, he is the driving force, the unifying voice, the alpha male, the personification of all this pent up outrage.  And we believe, as a group of sixty million or so, that Trump's not an opportunist or an interloper.  Rather, he is one of us.

He is us – just exponentially more successful.

His beliefs are our beliefs, his outrage is our outrage, his battles are our battles, and the fates have brought him to us at this moment.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/donald_trumps_true_nature.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Donald Trump's True Nature
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:41 am »
Once it is understood that Trump's political positions are authentic and spring from the core beliefs of our country established at its founding,
that he is the tip of the spear .... 

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/10/donald_trumps_true_nature.html

This is one of the best, most succinct definitions of President Trump I have read.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:33:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »
Two quibbles:

I believe that Trump supporters are by and large supporters and not idolaters. That Trump is held in "extraordinary esteem" would be, IMO, the exception.

This 'alpha male' business is foolish. We're not dogs so we tend to follow who is best to lead in a given situation. Or who we are given no choice but to obey if we wish to hold our jobs or avoid punishment.

Aside from the quibbles, I liked it.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:16:36 pm »
Or a different interpretation is that he is a cunning person who seized the moment and persuaded millions of people to follow him hoping he could do what he said he'd do.
I voted for Trump. I would have liked virtually every other Pubbie candidate over him.
But he is now the president, and I will support him when he's right and criticize him when he's wrong.
He's done some good things, but I get the feeling he still thinks he's the CEO of America rather than the president. I could do without the blustering and threats to businesses....no matter how screwed up they are like the NFL bigwigs.
Sorry if this upsets hardcore Trumpsters, but he still has a lot to prove to me.