Author Topic: The U.S. Army Is Finally Getting a New Tank (Sort Of)  (Read 323 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

The U.S. Army Is Finally Getting a New Tank (Sort Of)
« on: October 14, 2017, 04:06:13 am »
Adam Linehan

The latest upgraded version of the iconic Abrams Main Battle Tank has begun its slow roll off the assembly line, with the first of six M1A2 System Enhancement Package Version 3 production vehicles being delivered to the Army on Oct. 4.

Testing for the M1A2 SEPv3 commenced in 2015 and production is being conducted by General Dynamics Land Systems at the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center in Lima, Ohio and at the Anniston Army Depot in Anniston, Alabama, according to the Army.    “This version is the most modernized configuration of the Abrams tanks, having improved force protection and system survivability enhancements and increased lethality over the M1A1 and previous M1A2 variants,” Lt. Col. Justin Shell, the Army’s product manager for the Abrams, said in a statement.The M1A2 SEPv3 will replace the M1A2 SEPv2, which has been in production since 2005. The National Interest reported last year that the Army will start fielding the upgraded tanks in the third quarter of fiscal year 2020 with the ultimate goal of remanufacturing the entire M1A2 SEP fleet into the new configuration. 

“It is a great step forward in reliability, sustainability, protection, and on-board power, which positions the Abrams tanks and our [Armored Brigade Combat Teams] for the future,” Maj. Gen. David Bassett, program executive officer for Ground Combat Systems, said in a statement

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-army-finally-getting-new-tank-sort-22701
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: The U.S. Army Is Finally Getting a New Tank (Sort Of)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:08:24 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXQDgAEu1w

Surprise: US Army new Receive Prototype Tank M1A2 SEP v3 Abrams
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome