Author Topic: Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas over Tax Reform  (Read 4808 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas over Tax Reform
« on: October 14, 2017, 02:25:40 am »

GOP Scrooges say their tax cuts for rich oligarchs must be finished by Christmas... coal for Tiny Tim.

" Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas If Republicans Don’t Fall in Line "

" Speaking at a Heritage Foundation event Thursday, Ryan told the crowd, “We're going to keep people here for Christmas if we have to. I don’t care. We have to get this done.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/paul-ryan-threatens-to-cancel-christmas-if-republicans-dont-fall-in-line

Offline KingsX

Re: Paul Ryan Threatens to Cancel Christmas over Tax Reform
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:45:49 am »

This quote from the topic article is quite amusing...

" As young Republicans in the schoolyard, this is the sort of thing these people daydreamed about; later, as undergrads, beneath posters of Ronald Reagan tacked to their walls, they would tell their suite-mates about their plans to go to Washington and write laws transferring trillions to the rich. As young twentysomethings, they wondered why their blind date with a sick grandmother never came back from the bathroom after being told,
“My tax dollars are paying for your Nana’s dialysis.”

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:46:31 am by KingsX »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:52:39 am »
KInda surprised the Heritage Foundation would actually invite Ryan, instead of a conservative speaker.

Ryan has a lifetime rating of only 58% by Heritage, making him in the bottom half of GOP ratings.

For some reason, his current rating is N/A.  Don't know what that means.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline KingsX

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:57:10 am »

Fake wealth envious new member posts same crap. If you cut taxes you cut taxes for wealthy by definition.
Our fake conservative new member sounds like. Bernie Nancy etc.

The GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich has initiated class warfare.

The war will not be pretty... and the GOP will lose.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:13:46 am »

The GOP's proposed tax cuts for the rich has initiated class warfare.

The war will not be pretty... and the GOP will lose.
You represent the low class takers well speaking your democrat lines.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:17:17 am »
I think I've seen that movie. The Doofus Who Stole Christmas starring Paul Ryan.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 03:27:20 am »
I think I've seen that movie. The Doofus Who Stole Christmas starring Paul Ryan.

hmm...maybe Cruz can come over from the Senate and entertain them with some "Green Eggs and Ham"! 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9O1pbFjj4o
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 03:36:08 am »

You represent the low class takers well speaking your democrat lines.

And you symbolize the rich oligarch elite who tells the unwashed masses to eat cake.

As history has proven over and over and over again,  that never ends well.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 03:59:56 am »

And you symbolize the rich oligarch elite who tells the unwashed masses to eat cake.

I tell everybody to work hard, and keep your earnings.

I buy and eat my cake. You buy and eat your cake.

You want somebody else's cake for nothing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:41:04 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 04:24:44 am »

Wrong liberal troll.

I'm a Christian social conservative.

Once upon a time I might have made a decent Dixiecrat; but I wouldn't fare very well with the current racially religiously morally diverse liberal leftist Democrats.

The GOP has also abandoned their once middle-class Christian social conservative values and have recreated themselves as primarily a financially focused party that caters to the "haves" at the expense of the "have-nots" whatever their religious, moral or political beliefs.

Look at posters here for example... because I don't join the GOP's 'tax cuts for the rich' bandwagon, I have been repeatedly personally attacked.  If I came here with different racial, religious or moral values, you probably would be more accepting of my "differences."  But I have committed the GOP's unpardonable sin by attacking their rich oligarch holy of holies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 04:47:08 am »

Once upon a time I might have made a decent Dixiecrat; but I wouldn't fare very well with the current racially religiously morally diverse liberal leftist Democrats.

The GOP has also abandoned their once middle-class Christian social conservative values and have recreated themselves as primarily a financially focused party that caters to the "haves" at the expense of the "have-nots" whatever their religious, moral or political beliefs.

Look at posters here for example... because I don't join the GOP's 'tax cuts for the rich' bandwagon, I have been repeatedly personally attacked.  If I came here with different racial, religious or moral values, you probably would be more accepting of my "differences."  But I have committed the GOP's unpardonable sin by attacking their rich oligarch holy of holies.

*****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:20 am »
Dr. Thomas Sowell, on four previous tax cuts

Proving the rich wind up paying MORE in taxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-bELgAowU

aka known as take your fake conservative wealth envy back to democrats underground.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 05:38:37 am »

aka known as take your fake conservative wealth envy back to democrats underground.

It is the GOP who has initiated class warfare by overtly promoting a huge tax cut windfall for rich oligarchs while hurting lower and middle income people.

Ironically,  Trump first advocated a populist tax cut that would greatly benefit everyone... when he advocated both lower business taxes and very high standard deductions [$25.000 single/$50,000 married] that would have benefited lower and middle income people.  But the GOP couldn't bear such a wonderful tax cut for the great unwashed masses. So being the robber barons they are, instead they promote raising taxes on many lower and middle income people to help pay for their tax cuts for rich oligarchs.

The GOP is slitting it's own throat... and ironically Trump has given them the means to do it.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:42:41 am by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 05:42:23 am »

It is the GOP who has initiated class warfare by overtly promoting a huge tax cut windfall for rich oligarchs while hurting lower and middle income people.

The IRS has you in court over unpaid back taxes, don't they.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 05:54:30 am »

I have a feeling that's a brilliant perception, Frank.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline KingsX

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 06:24:33 am »

The IRS would be on my side.

Can you imagine the headache it would be for the IRS to implement the GOP's crazy tax reforms.

And the GOP is still talking about making their tax reform retroactive to the beginning of 2017.

Offline truth_seeker

Offline KingsX

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 06:54:21 am »

Like Eisenhower, Kennedy also sent armed federal troops to force Southerners to become part of the liberal leftist cultural marxist brave new world.   There was almost another civil war... almost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 07:46:05 am »
I'm not sure if I have retired, gone Galt, or am just taking a little time for myself.  I do know that I'm not paying my "fair share" at the moment, so I certainly have no place to complain if the "rich" people get a tax break.

I believe tax cuts should go to the people who actually pay taxes.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 12:36:51 pm »

Am interested in knowing why you believe the 'rich' deserve to pay in more taxes to run the government.  Ill-gotten gains perhaps?  And can you define the word 'rich'?
@KingsX
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:38:36 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 01:46:53 pm »
@KingsX
@mystery-ak

Thanks for posting this KingsX.  I know you, a fine conservative lady.  The attackers are out of order, should not be attacking new members.   

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 02:20:23 pm »

@KingsX

Let me tell you something.  My inlaws might fit into your disdainful category---and why?  Because they spent decades working their asses to the bone, taking financial risks, paying themselves such a small salary that it shocked an accountant...all so that they could build a tiny business into a large area employer.  My mother-in-law doesn't work anymore, but my father-in-law is still hard at it....up every morning at four and keeping a pace that lots of younger guys couldn't keep up with.

He pays his employees well, benefits and all, and he'll give them interest-free loans if they need one.  They donate heavily to their church---anonymously.   Also to charity. 

Whatever they have, they've damn well earned by their own sweat, and it belongs to them, not to the government.  You have no right to their money.  They're  employing people and helping people while you sit there and sneer.  What have you done with your life?

You reek of envy.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 03:36:46 pm »
So being the robber barons they are, instead they promote raising taxes on many lower and middle income people to help pay for their tax cuts for rich oligarchs.
@KingsX
@CatherineofAragon

As a senior, I will pay more.  He is removing the deduction for seniors, and raising the tax rate on lower incomes from 10 to 12%.  Plus, as started some years ago, seniors have to pay tax on some of their social security money which they paid into all their working years.  Social security is not a give away program, the government took our money every month, now they are taxing part of it.  Trump will pay less, we will pay more.

"The lowest bracket will increase from 10% to 12%, the middle bracket will be 25%, and the highest tax bracket will fall from 39.6% to 35%."

Yes, they want to get this passed before the year is up, and it is written, at this time, so it will become retroactive to January 1, 2017.

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 04:33:59 pm »
So being the robber barons they are, instead they promote raising taxes on many lower and middle income people to help pay for their tax cuts for rich oligarchs.
Please explain how raising taxes 'pays' for anything.

You are equating an income source as an expense.  It cannot be, as they are completely different.

@KingsX
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:34:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 05:42:00 pm »
What the hell is a rich oligarch?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org